What's new

Only for Pakistanis

What will you do first (key word first) ?

• Total voters
I'm not Pakistani....but not Indian either. I'm gonna say education....independent and professional law-enforcement next. (police and judiciary). From an out-siders prospective....the things that could use the most work....and make a difference.

@Akheilos
by investing in education we will have long term effects
an educated future generation wont make the same mistake as the generation before us did
they will know what is right and wrong there decisions will be based on logic they will be above cast and creed and they will thrive

1) Improve education system

2) Improve juridical system + fix the police

3) Increase army budget

4) Electricity

5) Transportation and infrastructure

It will be hard to choose one from the 4 civilian choices. I am excluding army budget because if the 4 civilian choices are given top priority and more funds given to them then army will have to focus less internally. I don't mean reducing the army Budget.

But as other members pointed out I will also go for education. Development of the human capital which is the most precious of all the resources any country has should be the top priority. Development of the human capital = jobs = less crimes = peace and security = growth of economy = growth of the nation

I would like to see Free quality Education till higher secondary (at least) to each and every child and free quality adult education and vocational training to each and every adult. At least 25 to 30 years like this and then we can start seeing the permanent northeastern spike in the charts unlike the “temporary” 10 year spikes we see when the army takes over the country and the spike goes south during the civilian rule more than what it was at it’s peak earlier.

I'm not Pakistani....but not Indian either. I'm gonna say education....independent and professional law-enforcement next. (police and judiciary). From an out-siders prospective....the things that could use the most work....and make a difference.
thank you for your time and feedback :)

@Akheilos
by investing in education we will have long term effects
an educated future generation wont make the same mistake as the generation before us did
they will know what is right and wrong there decisions will be based on logic they will be above cast and creed and they will thrive
I also agree with this...I am at a cross road between shooting every blasted moron who abuses laws and educating the children of that moron :(

1) Improve education system

2) Improve juridical system + fix the police

3) Increase army budget

4) Electricity

5) Transportation and infrastructure

It will be hard to choose one from the 4 civilian choices. I am excluding army budget because if the 4 civilian choices are given top priority and more funds given to them then army will have to focus less internally. I don't mean reducing the army Budget.

But as other members pointed out I will also go for education. Development of the human capital which is the most precious of all the resources any country has should be the top priority. Development of the human capital = jobs = less crimes = peace and security = growth of economy = growth of the nation

I would like to see Free quality Education till higher secondary (at least) to each and every child and free quality adult education and vocational training to each and every adult. At least 25 to 30 years like this and then we can start seeing the permanent northeastern spike in the charts unlike the “temporary” 10 year spikes we see when the army takes over the country and the spike goes south during the civilian rule more than what it was at it’s peak earlier.
thank you for your detailed reply!

I agree with this...everyone usually looks to benefit their people so far tinds benefit themselves sorry to say but that is all I see...

I am sorry to say I am that one person who is slightly filmy: Jub tak hai saans humari larai hai jari ...After all apnay Khuda ko moun bhi dikhana hai...kay hum nay kiya kia uski zameen par, uskay logon ko jub usnay diya humay kafi kuch kernay ko...

He gave us 2 hands to help initiate, 2 eyes to see and improve, a working brain to think of ways out, he gave us ears to hear the sounds and frustrations of everyday men and if possible use the brain and hands to help him...

Sorry to say everyday on PDF I get heartbroken about Pakistan and its people...but when I wake up the next day is a new day I have a fresh set of questions, a fresh set of ideas...All I need is the will as they say where there is a will there is a way :agree:

Thank you uncle for your time :) I dont drink bottled water in Pakistan...I drink tubewell water :agree:

thank you for your feedback :)

thank you uncle for your feedback :)

thank you for your time :)

I agree...thank you for your time :)
The problem is, we all are filmy...a thought of getting off screen scares us. We love questioning but hate answering.
You get heart broken? Big deal! I've literally cried with tears for my country.
-
Lol. What was the last good thing you did for Pakistan? Pdf activity doesn't count.

The problem is, we all are filmy...a thought of getting off screen scares us. We love questioning but hate answering.
You get heart broken? Big deal! I've literally cried with tears for my country.
-
Lol. What was the last good thing you did for Pakistan? Pdf activity doesn't count.
I am still a student with a dream and visions...My family constructs schools and a handful are in education sector...rest are govt servants serving as best they can...I am not from an army related family...so we help whichever way we can....mostly to schools and very little to hospitals (not sure why) ...

Thank you for your time! gun control will be your 1st choice? Not sure where that fits what did you vote for?

My aim is the root of the rot, which is the feudal and robber baron elite running the show. These people are the biggest criminals in the country, using low level gangs to do their dirty work. If the boss is corrupt to the core, why should the ordinary citizen respect the law? Why should the lowly paid policeman risk his life when the criminals will go free anyway? Why should the lowly paid teacher bother putting any effort into her work? Why should any public servant deny bribes when his boss is raking it in?

I would focus on the root causes ailing Pakistan rather than wasting time on the symptoms. If Musharraf's tenure taught us anything, it is that addressing the symptoms while the core cancer remains intact is a futile waste of effort.

I am still a student with a dream and visions...My family constructs schools and a handful are in education sector...rest are govt servants serving as best they can...I am not from an army related family...so we help whichever way we can....mostly to schools and very little to hospitals (not sure why) ...
May your dreams come true. Amen :)

Last edited:
I chose electricity, basic needs and supporting economy is must for starters. Noora league got the hint as a businessman that's why you see so many projects signed by him initially.

You make more electricity that means more will be stolen. If everyone paid their bills and those bills were paid to suppliers we would never have an electricity problem. Make everyone piss in their pants if they steal even a dime off the government be it the government itself.

You make more electricity that means more will be stolen. If everyone paid their bills and those bills were paid to suppliers we would never have an electricity problem. Make everyone piss in their pants if they steal even a dime off the government be it the government itself.

So who will do that?

In reality the biggest and most significant change would be for Pakistanis to look inwards, fix themselves before fixing the people around them, then if need be crusade for change on a larger scale.

If I had absolute power, here's my plan for Pakistan...

Phase 1.
1. Declare a state of emergency across the country and deploy the army at every street corner.
2. Announce a grace period of two weeks for everyone (non-police) to hand in all weapons.
3. Institute a shoot-to-kill policy for anyone found with weapons after the grace period.

Phase 2.
1. Confiscate all feudal property across the country using whatever charges necessary and lease the land back to farmers at minimal rates.
2. Arrest leaders of PPP, PML-N, MQM, ANP on charges ranging from tax evasion to murder to extortion. The charges can take years to prosecute, during which time the leaders will be isolated and put out of commission.
3. Any resistance from above groups will be met with the full force of the army.

Phase 3
1. Establish a task force, backed by army and police, to collect income taxes, including back taxes, across the country.
2. Drastically reduce or eliminate sales tax on basic consumer necessities like food, petrol, etc.
3. Establish middle-class wages and benefits for critical public servants: police, army, teachers, tax officials.
4. Establish minimum wage and working conditions for workers in the public and private sectors.

Phase 4
1. Set up independent national institutions of accountability to oversee transition back to democracy.

I think although this is a sure fire solution. Something as drastic would put Pakistan on the brink. Pakistan is a very fragile state with some unbreakable foundations. I think also a gradual change is needed from the bottom up. And NOT the top down.

No force in the world can lift Pakistan if the people don't do it themselves.

In reality the biggest and most significant change would be for Pakistanis to look inwards, fix themselves before fixing the people around them, then if need be crusade for change on a larger scale.

I think although this is a sure fire solution. Something as drastic would put Pakistan on the brink. Pakistan is a very fragile state with some unbreakable foundations. I think also a gradual change is needed from the bottom up. And NOT the top down.

No force in the world can lift Pakistan if the people don't do it themselves.
So who or what is going to guide them? the danda (fixing of the bug in the system) or the bug itself (educating the masses) ...both are equally important!

Metro bus or gtfo :angel:
Yo bro! You gonna teach your next generation in that bus? :P

Does it generate electricity?

Will it feed our nation?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom