What's new

Over100 US air sorties confront over 300 Chinese air sorties in east China sea.

And read the previous post, a post from a PROFESSOR in Diplomacy and International Relation.

Or this.

The dependence could be overrated, I also believe so, politicians always exaggerate, but the dependence is still there, it's still very large, as shown in the sources you just posted, it further proves my point, China can go on largely Ok without US, but it's not the case for US without China.

The dependence could be overrated, I also believe so, politicians always exaggerate, but the dependence is still there, it's still very large, as shown in the sources you just posted, it further proves my point, China can go on largely Ok without US, but it's not the case for US without China.
Dude, first of all, we don't make them anymore does not mean we CAN'T MAKE them.

Second, diverse investment are always protocol in the US for any strategic material. We are not EU, we don't import 65% of oil and gas from one source and frankly, it's stupid to do that.

As for whether or not if there is a dependence, as the second article show you, it doesn't because we have multiple source sourcing both finished med and API and none of the source are above 25%. Dependence maybe, but not in a way it will break a country like you or like Rosemary GIbson said. And the top dependence is not China anyway. So yes, US can survive without Chinese med, may not be the case if Ireland, or Belgium or both stopped supplying our finished med and API.

I mean you want to think otherwise even tho I have provided everything from insight to actual data, that's you, not me, I have no problem you think that way.

Dude, first of all, we don't make them anymore does not mean we CAN'T MAKE them.
I never dobut US can make drugs like they can also make surgical masks and ventilators, but would they? and how many they can make? once you lose down an industry, the whole supply chain of hundreds if not more supporting products will die with it. if you want to revive it, you need to revive the whole supply chain and the whole workforce for all of them, it's easier said than done, you can always claim you can still make all products, but the fact is you can't.

I never dobut US can make drugs like they can also make surgical masks and ventilators, but would they? and how many they can make? once you lose down an industry, the whole supply chain of hundreds if not more supporting products will die with it. if you want to revive it, you need to revive the whole supply chain and the whole workforce for all of them, it's easier said than done, you can always claim you can still make all products, but the fact is you can't.
So you are telling me US does not have the capital to reopen a production line or improve existing production to serve the basic need?

I don't know you either really think "Production Capability" only mean the stuff that you are currently producing. But not the potential margin you can produce. Because the way you are thinking, once a product stopped producing, you lost the "Production Capability' to produce it forever......Which I don't know how or what make you think this is a logical thought.

Again, just because it's cheaper to buy from overseas (China is only ONE OF THE sources by the way) that does not mean local production is going to die. That's just nonsense thought.

So you are telling me US does not have the capital to reopen a production line or improve existing production to serve the basic need?
I never doubt if they can, I doubt about if they would, how many decades have various US presidents claimed to bring manufacturing and jobs back to US, did they go back? why didn't they?

Again, just because it's cheaper to buy from overseas (China is only ONE OF THE sources by the way) that does not mean local production is going to die. That's just nonsense thought.
China is not the only location, true, but the most important and takes a lion's share, this is why China is controlling the global supply chain for most products, if US finds it's hard to rebuild those supplies chains back home, how many other countries can? how many years they need to build this global supply chain and to train a large workforce to man this chain?

I never doubt if they can, I doubt about if they would, how many decades have various US presidents claimed to bring manufacturing and jobs back to US, did they go back? why didn't they?

What do you mean "if they would" It's like fracking, if you are in an energy crisis, it does not matter whether or not they want to, they will have to do it. It's either that or you get nothing, which one "Would" you choose??

Also, in case you are wondering, successive president have put American Industrial strength as their top policy, in fact, since 2008 (beside 2020-2021 due to COVID lockdown), US industrial base are increased steadily both in dollar term and in % term

2-7AMS.jpg

4-1AMS.jpg

China is not the only location, true, but the most important and takes a lion's share, this is why China is controlling the global supply chain for most products, if US finds it's hard to rebuild those supplies chains back home, how many other countries can? how many years they need to build this global supply chain and to train a large workforce to man this chain?
What do you mean by Lion Share??

source-countries-antibiotics.jpg

source-countries-api.jpg

source-countries-vaccines.jpg

Also, China did NOT dominate Pharmaceutical Products supply chain, in fact, other than Antibiotics, there aren't many drugs are dominated by Chinese company, infact, Not one of top 10 Pharmaceutical Company are based in China, yes, they may or may not have plant in China, but they also have plant all over the world, and in most case, it's India who have more drugs production facilities and people are actually scare of India would monopolize low cost drug (or generic brand) production. Becuase made in India generic drugs account for 1/3 of US import, that's a lot.

https://www.ibef.org/exports/pharmaceutical-exports-from-india

What do you mean "if they would" It's like fracking, if you are in an energy crisis, it does not matter whether or not they want to, they will have to do it. It's either that or you get nothing, which one "Would" you choose??

Also, in case you are wondering, successive president have put American Industrial strength as their top policy, in fact, since 2008 (beside 2020-2021 due to COVID lockdown), US industrial base are increased steadily both in dollar term and in % term

View attachment 896673

View attachment 896674

What do you mean by Lion Share??

View attachment 896675

View attachment 896676

View attachment 896677

Also, China did NOT dominate Pharmaceutical Products supply chain, in fact, other than Antibiotics, there aren't many drugs are dominated by Chinese company, infact, Not one of top 10 Pharmaceutical Company are based in China, yes, they may or may not have plant in China, but they also have plant all over the world, and in most case, it's India who have more drugs production facilities and people are actually scare of India would monopolize low cost drug (or generic brand) production. Becuase made in India generic drugs account for 1/3 of US import, that's a lot.

https://www.ibef.org/exports/pharmaceutical-exports-from-india
US manufuturing is not coming back, US has record trade deficit year after year, as for antibiotics, India also heavily depend on China , what you imported from India actually mostly from China. different sources provide different charts, I could very different charts from yours.

China Dominates the Antibiotics Market​

HEALTH​

by Martin Armstrong,
Jul 1, 2022

Global exports of antibiotics originate predominantly from China - as shown in this infographic based on data from the International Trade Center (ITC). China currently accounts for 42.4 percent of global antibiotic exports by value. Italy, India and Switzerland follow far behind.
For years, experts have been warning of the EU's dependence on antibiotic supplies from abroad, especially China and India. This dependence is not only limited to antibiotics, but affects - also for many years - a wide range of pharmaceutical products, including cortisone, for example.
In addition, the world is facing another, increasingly significant problem: More and more bacteria are developing resistance to common antibiotics. As a result, there is now a pressing need for drugs that are specifically effective against resistant germs. Most of the antibiotic classes introduced in the 21st century do just that. However, research into these active substances is often not profitable and risky for the industry; because drugs that specifically act against resistant germs are not used across the board, but only as so-called "second-line" or "last-line" antibiotics (reserve antibiotics) - as a last resort when the established drugs are no longer effective.

27709.jpeg

Last edited:
If I tell you China depends on US supplies of insulin, would it surprise you??
No, I would be surprised

These facts are updated till 4 Sept 2022, and are based on Volza's China Export data of Insulin, sourced from 70 countries export import shipments with names of buyers, suppliers, top decision maker's contact information like phone, email and LinkedIn profiles.

US manufuturing is not coming back, US has record trade deficit year after year, as for antibiotics, India also heavily depend on China , what you imported from India actually mostly from China. different sources provide different charts, I could very different charts from yours.

China Dominates the Antibiotics Market​

HEALTH​

by Martin Armstrong,
Jul 1, 2022

Global exports of antibiotics originate predominantly from China - as shown in this infographic based on data from the International Trade Center (ITC). China currently accounts for 42.4 percent of global antibiotic exports by value. Italy, India and Switzerland follow far behind.
For years, experts have been warning of the EU's dependence on antibiotic supplies from abroad, especially China and India. This dependence is not only limited to antibiotics, but affects - also for many years - a wide range of pharmaceutical products, including cortisone, for example.
In addition, the world is facing another, increasingly significant problem: More and more bacteria are developing resistance to common antibiotics. As a result, there is now a pressing need for drugs that are specifically effective against resistant germs. Most of the antibiotic classes introduced in the 21st century do just that. However, research into these active substances is often not profitable and risky for the industry; because drugs that specifically act against resistant germs are not used across the board, but only as so-called "second-line" or "last-line" antibiotics (reserve antibiotics) - as a last resort when the established drugs are no longer effective.

27709.jpeg

Sure, if you say so. Again, I have no problem for you to believe US manufacture is not coming back.

I have already supplied the data from both in Dollar Value and in % of GDP value, if you don't believe that, that's you.

No, I would be surprised

These facts are updated till 4 Sept 2022, and are based on Volza's China Export data of Insulin, sourced from 70 countries export import shipments with names of buyers, suppliers, top decision maker's contact information like phone, email and LinkedIn profiles.

Dude, you need to recheck the website I gave you.

China imports 11,000 shipments of insulin from India, US and Vietnam. So where is the other 6000 balance goes??

Then u r quite outdated my friend ... Even chinese auto technology is doing very well and reliable and establishing market in Middle east and USA

So far no Chinese auto brands in the US. They keep talking..but nothing for sale yet other than Volvo.

Dude, you need to recheck the website I gave you.

China imports 11,000 shipments of insulin from India, US and Vietnam. So where is the other 6000 balance goes??
Why you don't check the site I provided? it has very detailed breakdown and is a highly specialized professional site. China imports but also exports insulins, we don't depend on US for it and our insulin price is one of the lowest in the world.

So far no Chinese auto brands in the US. They keep talking..but nothing for sale yet other than Volvo.
China is already the world second biggest car exporter, with or without US, don't count US too much.

Why you don't check the site I provided? it has very detailed breakdown and is a highly specialized professional site. China imports but also exports insulins, we don't depend on US for it and our insulin price is one of the lowest in the world.

China is already the world second biggest car exporter, with or without US, don't count US too much.
lol, whatever you say.

Well that might be true but right now they have no presence in the US...and no car dealerships in the works.

Only one I can think of is Kandi and that seems to have been a scam.

lol, whatever you say.
BeijingWalker's view that the United States is completely dependent on China, without China, several million Americans would die.

That is not correct.

But if that is correct
, the US anti-China propaganda of the last few years is not entirely exaggerated. Rebuilding the supply chain is what America needs to do, and it must be done immediately

Now, some Chinese brag that without China, several million Americans would die. It's just a one-way statement. But if the US doesn't rebuild its supply chain, that could come true in the future.

BeijingWalker's view that the United States is completely dependent on China, without China, several million Americans would die.

That is not correct.

But if that is correct
, the US anti-China propaganda of the last few years is not entirely exaggerated. Rebuilding the supply chain is what America needs to do, and it must be done immediately

Now, some Chinese brag that without China, several million Americans would die. It's just a one-way statement. But if the US doesn't rebuild its supply chain, that could come true in the future.
I have no problem he think US is depends on China, I have show my graphics, I have show my data, whether or not he believe it is up to him. I mean it's like Russia think EU depends on Russia, that's why they make a move in Ukraine, I mean would anyone in EU would warn Putin "This is not case"? I mean, I would just let him find out the hard way.

US is rebuilding their own manufacture capability, while this is not going to be world leading, it would be more than enough to bring essential job back to the US. That is what 3 Presidents had been working on. It's just the man here don't want to admit that.

But then what do you expect?? There was this guy think US cannot do anything because we will not. Then there is the other guy who think no one can replace China....As I said, let them live in their own delusional world, we don't need their confirmation to do what we want, if they think we can't do that, let them think that way lol.

Back
Top Bottom