What's new

PAF CONFIRMS DELIVERIES OF FOLLOW-ON ERIEYE AEW&C

It'll be very pricey. It's more of adding Erieye ERs, there's no upgrade option per se. But if there's no off the shelf fighter on the cards, then going high end with Erieye ER and Aster 30 SAMP/T might be a good idea.

You can always do a mix, few Global-Eye and rest ER, can't place a price on D when have a bully next door.

I hate to add a third type, but if CSF $ comes available, PAF can always pass on the ZDK-03 to PN and purchase 3 or 4 Wedge Tails for itself.

You can always do a mix, few Global-Eye and rest ER, can't place a price on D when have a bully next door.

I hate to add a third type, but if CSF $ comes available, PAF can always pass on the ZDK-03 to PN and purchase 3 or 4 Wedge Tails for itself.
Well, I'd look at it like this...

If you don't want to get an off the shelf fighter, or can only cover 50% of the cost (e.g. $3 bn out of $6 bn), you can put the 100% of the $3 b on stuff that will help the JF-17.

So, 4 GlobalEye SRSS would be $1 to $1.2 bn, 4 new stand off jammers around $400 m (?), and perhaps leave the $1.5 b as contingency (giving the F-16s an upgrade if doable, or acquiring a long range SAM).

$6 Billion as from CSF ?, current POTUS will only allow that $ to be spent on US Products (make US great again,) so you will have to find another source for $1.5 Billion for JF-17 stuff.

$6 Billion as from CSF ?, current POTUS will only allow that $ to be spent on US Products (make US great again,) so you will have to find another source for $1.5 Billion for JF-17 stuff.
No, Pakistan's own funding across 10 years. I think a rough estimate of $300 m a year for the PAF is a safe bet. CSF and FMF is extra and for US products only.

PNAv is in good shape, Orions have been boosted by ATR.
If PNAv is in good condition then do you think that number of AWACS of PAF should be increased???

Both have different roles P-3Cs are for maritime patrol, reconnaissance, anti-surface and anti-submarine warfare. P-3Cs are capable of delivering a punch by launching anti ship missiles and torpedoes.
ZDK-03 are the eyes to see skies over the sea. The same role as Erieye are doing in other parts of the country and what they did on 27 February.
I am asking whether the surveillance capabilities of P-3C orions are up to date or not???
And whether we should go for more AWACS???

Indian operates Ka-25, the older version of the Kamov Ka-31, pictured below. They placed an order of ten new Ka-31s for $500MM this year. Helicopter based AEW are needed to operate from smaller carriers since land based systems can't tag along the ships in open seas. Bigger carriers with countries like US and France of course operate the Hawkeye aircraft for similar purposes.

Russian_Navy_Kamov_Ka-31.jpg

The chinese have developed something similar to the hawkeye aircraft with similar capabilities ..
article_5cb205606781f8_64462559.jpg

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/a...to-deploy-from-future-emals-equipped-warships

If PNAv is in good condition then do you think that number of AWACS of PAF should be increased???

I am asking whether the surveillance capabilities of P-3C orions are up to date or not???
And whether we should go for more AWACS???

10 is a sweet number, and enough for 24/7 365 days a year.

There's a program for the long term to replace the Orions (as per the CNS in multiple interviews). The CNS said they were open to US options, but I think they're looking at configuring a business jet (e.g., Bombardier Global 6000).
Swordfish MPA???

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom