What's new

PAF guys we saw dancing on video are suspended from flying

I agree.. we got British and Americans doing "YMCA" .. playing pranks on their sleeping mates etc.
I cant comment on the video as it was removed before I could see it.

I agree a lot of things are not a secret anymore due to your satellites and other airborne surveillance devices and planes. But if the video contained like the posters say “flight lines” or the close up of any ops charts, flight roasters and the like you rather not want anyone else to see then there is a problem.

I think the problem here was not the dancing but the place. I can only speculate because I missed the video. I must assure you that like yourself Pak Armed forces also chill out and dance on different occasions both organised and informal even on the front..

@Xeric…
Whatever happens their ACR is all red. These guys should have been mindful what the camera was capturing.

They could have danced and drooled all they can, but doing so in uniform (ok well, the uniform isnt even the issue) and covering the airbase and the class/ops rooms shouldnt have been done. Partying and playing it cool is all guud but monkeying around as if they were a mob or some college guys is not part of our military discipline.

BTW, i loved the part at the end, a guy all geared up like a pilot with his suit and respirator drives a 'caycal' (the Soharab one) and the other guys salutes him off :lol:

BTW, i loved the part at the end, a guy all geared up like a pilot with his suit and respirator drives a 'caycal' (the Soharab one) and the other guys salutes him off :lol:
The only good part of the clip - In the start they looked like a bunch of jookers.I am glad action has been taken because it destroys the image of service men a normal Pakistani have i.e. Tough Stubborn, Badass, Honest and Serious Person :woot:

they may have signed a secret deal with Sohrab,thats why they were advertising their bicycle and portraying an image to cycle users that Sohrab cycle is even better then F-7's even f-7 pilots love to fly it

i have the video-- i will upload it on YouTube-- but first try to find the video on Imran bhai's you tube account-- he has uploaded it-- i do not have YouTube at office-- so cant post now--

what is Imran Bhai's full account name on youtube?

May be this dancing thread should be in general discussion dancing is not ideal in air force category

Lots of fun stuff goes in the Armed forces in form of dramatic clubs, singing competitions’, pantomimes, carry catching etc.. There are lot of entertainers and performers but they all are kept well away from the civilian’s eyes!!! We hide them in the closet and don’t want anyone to see them.

Why? Because we are hypocrites!

While we do have fun in our own little worlds but we are too scared and shy to show our lighter side to the common junta. We will rather keep a dull or a macho image in front of society and make them believe that we are true hard core military professionals who don’t have time or the taste to engage in lighter stuff. We are too image conscious and will like to keep this image on the civilians at all cost…..and anyone who tries to break this image…he/she will be taken to task…..….WTF!!!!

While Mr Junaid Jamshed,Najam Shirz,Amanat ali Khan etc etc along with their crews can roam around in operation rooms/flight lines/crew areas/briefing rooms and make videos for all to see on national television, all hell breaks loose when few young airforce lads try to have some harmless fun with camera.

If those lads are in trouble, it has got nothing to do about professionalism or breach of security or anything else..but its all about the Image..Image and …damn false Image that we have created and remain stick to it.

I hope we have more videos where our Military guys show their lighter side (without getting into trouble)……Life is short, so enjoy every moment of it and have fun guys. :smokin:

Lots of fun stuff goes in the Armed forces in form of dramatic clubs, singing competitions’, pantomimes, carry catching etc.. There are lot of entertainers and performers but they all are kept well away from the civilian’s eyes!!! We hide them in the closet and don’t want anyone to see them.

Why? Because we are hypocrites!

While we do have fun in our own little worlds but we are too scared and shy to show our lighter side to the common junta. We will rather keep a dull or a macho image in front of society and make them believe that we are true hard core military professionals who don’t have time or the taste to engage in lighter stuff. We are too image conscious and will like to keep this image on the civilians at all cost…..and anyone who tries to break this image…he/she will be taken to task…..….WTF!!!!

While Mr Junaid Jamshed,Najam Shirz,Amanat ali Khan etc etc along with their crews can roam around in operation rooms/flight lines/crew areas/briefing rooms and make videos for all to see on national television, all hell breaks loose when few young airforce lads try to have some harmless fun with camera.

If those lads are in trouble, it has got nothing to do about professionalism or breach of security or anything else..but its all about the Image..Image and …damn false Image that we have created and remain stick to it.

I hope we have more videos where our Military guys show their lighter side (without getting into trouble)……Life is short, so enjoy every moment of it and have fun guys. :smokin:

Hey X, cool it down :)

You are right in saying that the military has its own share of fun and the people who are part of it do make the most of out it, but there isnt a deliberate effort in as you have said hiding it from the civilians. When was the last time you saw a musical show organized by the Army or PAF which was screened out from the civilians? Ofcourse as the militarymen and their families alone are enough to fill the seats so civilians are not invited, but then how many 'civilians' are invited when the same show is organized by any other institution (let's say Pak Steel, PTCL, WAPDA etc). The entry is restricted to employees only, isnt it?

Similarly how many of us were able to attend our relatives' convocation ceremonies, last time i check Punjab University only allowed one guest per student and only the toppers could bring their parents. Also i was unable to go to a function organized by my brother's employer in Karachi as the entry was strictly 'employees only'.

Pantomimes are usually organized after the termination of a course and usually is related to the happenings in the course itself, also the student officers' families are more than enough to fill the auditorium 2 time over, so no civilians.

So what i mean to say is that there isnt a deliberate effort to hide these activities from the civilians, it is just that due to the security concerns if we bar them from peeping in from tree tops and balconies, they surely would complain.

Junaid Jamshed and others are allowed to roam on the base, doesnt other civilian (your and my siblings, relatives etc) do the same? But then they dont post the pics (though they are not allowed to take them) over the internet. Also showing a random ops room in a music video or even with out a music video isnt an issue, the only concern this time could have been if such kinda irresponsible behavior is allowed, the next video might contain things which are even more sensitive.

You see, i am sure you must be thinking of yourself as the lone savior of Pakistan when you were a Pilot Officer (coz i did). You didnt care much if you talked about 'stuff' every now and then, but as you grew in service you must have become more sensitive, why? Because now, you knew more. Being a YO if you were discussing some nukey stuff it would have never occurred to you that you might say something wrong, why? because you didnt know where the thing was hidden nor did you know how it's going to be used, but today you would think a 100 times before starting the same topic as by now you may have even seen the nukes or any other stuff and studied their employment during various courses. You might have thought having gora friends is not a big deal back then, but when you learnt that the PAF has a strict policy over fraternization you must have gone cautious.

So, these YOs did go out of the line, a bit.

Thanks

The guys did nothing wrong, this vid will encourage more youngsters to enroll for PAF.... ..... come on guys they not flying machines :)
a question which comes to my mind is they were roaming around freely with the cam inside the airbase, why were they not stopped or questioned by PAF Police? i'm sure it comes under there role of duty to reports such activities

I have got the video too. If anyone wants, I can E-mail ONLY!
As PAF thinks this is serious, it mustnt be uploaded anywhere.

I am AGAINST the suspension.
You want them to live in jails, away with fun and humour?
Did they give away sensitive information?

Too bad.
Look at the American Air Force:

Or the british:

This is happening everywhere. Where they on alert?
Ready for scrammble or obeying a SOP?

Certainly not!
An warning must be issue at most!

End.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom