What's new

PAF to induct 188 JF-17 aircrafts including 26 JF-17B & 50 JF-17 Blk3

Hi,

I very much doubt that the BLK B is for LIFT purposes primarily---.

Blk B will primarily be a strike platform---just like the F16 twin seaters---..

It is a superior platform to a regular LIFT aircraft & will primarily be used for targeting & attacking enemy assets with a different array of smart weapons---.

We might also see a slightly smaller version of the H4 glide weapon---designed just for the JF17---. If the aircraft does not have the clearance for the original H4---then a smaller thinner version will do the job very well.

There is a misunderstanding here in case you were replying to me - I agree with you about the JF-17 B. I was commenting on the "second LIFT" which is likely to be either the L-15 or equivalent. Cost per hour is miniscule for such aircraft and they can emulate modern combat aircraft at the press of a button.

Here is how I see the near term acquisitions of the PAF.
maximizing the use of platforms with still plenty of life in them, as in the case of F-7PGs.

the mindset of maximising the remaining life of a platform that has limited military capability in the world that PAF now has to operate in, makes no sense. It has to be about maximising Military capbility with what you have. Fine, if the PG's have 2,000 to 3,000 flight hours left, but they will suffer the same fate as the Mig21 did on the 27th Feb 2019, and since PAF has little "strategic space" to play with, this reduces Pakistan's defence security posture. Get rid of all F7 dervivatives asap regardless of remaining airframe life and then focus on the Mirage 3/5 replacement. The Mirages have more military capability(regardless of their age) then the F7 series.

Blueprint number 250. This is max build number incld attritions, exports, airframe & avionics evaluation numbers.
The total manufacturing run could reach 250-300 JF-17s, but as of right now, the PAF has slotted in 188 JF-17s due by the mid-2020s.

It would be ITAR free. The lynch-pin remains the turbine-fan for which we are under tremendous pressure from western sources.

@messiach -- the PAF CAS told Alan Warnes that the FGFA will be a single seat, twin-engine fighter. He also said the PAF is open to collaborating with allied states, but the final product must be ITAR-free.

Yes.
Is Project Azm basically the "natural evolution" of JF-17 you spoke

2/3 not NxGF.
replacing F-16s, another FGFA is being sought?

the mindset of maximising the remaining life of a platform that has limited military capability in the world that PAF now has to operate in, makes no sense. It has to be about maximising Military capbility with what you have. Fine, if the PG's have 2,000 to 3,000 flight hours left, but they will suffer the same fate as the Mig21 did on the 27th Feb 2019, and since PAF has little "strategic space" to play with, this reduces Pakistan's defence security posture. Get rid of all F7 dervivatives asap regardless of remaining airframe life and then focus on the Mirage 3/5 replacement. The Mirages have more military capability(regardless of their age) then the F7 series.
Except it makes total sense given the financial state of Pakistan.

I have more or less given up on this forum, because of poor moderation. But your humility, @araz and others makes me feel guilty, so here it is:

LIFT a/c and JFT-B fulfill two different roles.

LIFT comes in after a pilot graduates from a prop a/c. It's primary role is to get pilots trained on fast jets, without the costs associated with them. That is its primary role, it's secondary role would be CAS, CAP etc

JFT-B's primary role will be as a Strike Aircraft, and secondary role as a training a/c for pilots transitioning to it.

The F16-B/D(MLU'd) /F all are anything but trainers, but highly evolved EW, strike a/c's, but do function as trainers as well. So JFT-B will be evolving along these similar lines as well.

I believe an advanced loitering SOW is in the works for JFT :whistle:
thqnk you sir for your kind reply. very informative indeed

Platforms are not important, avionics and weapon systems are. If you can use f7s as part of a superior package then no need to retire them. Indian planes were not flawed, their tactics was. You dont retire planes becoz of bad employment by men responsible. Now if it is confirmed that a F16 or SU30 was also lost in the battle then you will ask to retire these planes also ?

Sir, in the age of long range A2As and AEW&CS, a dual seater is as capable in AD and PD as is a single seater but it brings quite a lot of flexibility to the desk of the planners..can be an excellent for EW, and quite useful in COINs...also I want to see AirChief flying a JF17 on 23rd March parade.

Hi,

It is perfectly suitable for strike missions where an H4 type weapon is to be used---.

It is not really suitable for an EW or in coin---. I would say that for EW---you might want to get some JH7A's---.

It would be really really interesting to see if pakistan's weapon's complex would be able to have an air launched version of a Babur cruise missile that could fit this aircraft along with the the H4---.

Right now---26 is a starting number---and it is not the final number---. Let me repeat it again---26 is just the starting number and not the final number---.

By the time the the BLK B is fully integrated---many of the mirages will be done.

I believe that looking at the size of our enemy and the threats that we have from multiple direction---we will have over a minimum 100 dual seater strike platforms in inventory---.

Hi,

It is perfectly suitable for strike missions where an H4 type weapon is to be used---.

It is not really suitable for an EW or in coin---. I would say that for EW---you might want to get some JH7A's---.

It would be really really interesting to see if pakistan's weapon's complex would be able to have an air launched version of a Babur cruise missile that could fit this aircraft along with the the H4---.

Right now---26 is a starting number---and it is not the final number---. Let me repeat it again---26 is just the starting number and not the final number---.

By the time the the BLK B is fully integrated---many of the mirages will be done.

I believe that looking at the size of our enemy and the threats that we have from multiple direction---we will have over a minimum 100 dual seater strike platforms in inventory---.
Why you want air launched babur when you have RA'AD?

Back
Top Bottom