What's new

Pak Army successfully conducts test fireof Anti-Tank guided missile

You think this may be one of the upgraded variants ? Not alot of info about the test.

i believe so without having any knowledge of the test - one media report indicated (right or wrong) that these missiles were inducted in the 80's and now have been 'upgraded'

Didn't wish to discuss comparison!

Is this response certainly to Indian Anti-Tank Missile NAG trials?

YouTube - Indian army NAG Anti-Tank guided missile test firing from NAMICA

I would say this NAG is edge over Pakistan's Anti-Tanks Missiles
(shoulder by shoulder.)

Nag is a third generation "Fire-and-forget" anti-tank missile developed in India.

We have enough technology to produce 3rd Gen missile systems and as experts are mentioning 5,000 to 6,000 m of range, it is unlikely to be 2nd Gen. What to you say?

Here some specs

Home » South Asia
Pak claims test firing of new anti-tank missile
Updated on Monday, December 06, 2010, 15:50
Tags: Pakistan, anti-tank missile, test fired
misile-lead.jpg

Islamabad: The Pakistan Army has carried out test firing of a new indigenous anti-tank missile from a site near Jehlum, about 100 kilometres east of the capital.

The test successfully met all trial parameters, Kyodo reported quoting a Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) press statement.

'Daily Times' quoting Pakistani Army officials claimed that with the successful test firing at the Tilla range, "Pakistan has taken an edge over the rivals in conventional warfare".

Kyodo said Khan Research Laboratory, named after disgraced nuclear scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan, developed an anti-tank missile in the early 1990s using a remote-controlled, wire-guided system with a 3,000-metre range.But authoritative sources told Kyodo News the version of anti-tank missile tested yesterday is equipped with an automatic guidance system, without wires, and has a greater range.

No additional information about the new missile was given.

Earlier media reports had said Pakistan acquired and modified a Chinese anti-tank missile which it has named Bakhtar Shikan.

I really do not understand why some countries are only copien existing anti-tank systems. They should devellop something totally new with capacities to defeat the Israeli trophy system on a Merkava 4 tank or the Russian ARENA Active Protection System on a T90 tank.

I really do not understand why some countries are only copien existing anti-tank systems. They should devellop something totally new with capacities to defeat the Israeli trophy system on a Merkava 4 tank or the Russian ARENA Active Protection System on a T90 tank.

If and when you make one plzz notify us here at PDF :hitwall::disagree:

Guys, any details? is it a third generation ATGM ??

my bad it says wire guided. might be HJ8L

A good achievement by PA. Seems like it's better or equivalent to chinese HongJian 8C and U.S. Javelin. Correct me if i'm wrong but in range it's superior to both.

its just testfiring of an old missile....
nothing special!

Oh its seems very risky for soldiers sitting around . the jevelin does not have this kind of risk.
Telling them that the tube will fell behind is part of the training. :) However those who don't pay attention in training classes meet these kind of mishaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make a thousand of these things, and launch them all at once on the approaching enemy. Watch them die in the rain of missiles.

Back
Top Bottom