What's new

Pak Army successfully conducts test fireof Anti-Tank guided missile

Telling them that the tube will fell behind is part of the training. :) However those who don't pay attention in training classes meet these kind of mishaps.

YouTube - Funny Artillery Accident

Actually thts not funny....... this happens nd most probably this guy died coz of the recoil.

Also i doubt its a upgraded version of BAKTAR SHIKAN........ Why?
Coz its is equipped with an automatic guidance system, without wires, and has a greater range 6-7 KM,And 100% accuracy.

Also its termed indegenous.

While B.S is wire guided,90% accuracy nd has a range of 3000+ m.

i think it is TOW II and did pakistan army also opted for javelian or not

i think it is TOW II and did pakistan army also opted for javelian or not

none of the above - javelin is on PA 'wish list' but i doubt we will now get it as the indians have opted for it. PA will now look at the HJ-9 for its upgraded needs.

Agree that the artillery accident is not funny, and that yeah, at a minimum he sustained severe injuries.

On AT missiles - the ultimate portable system has some form of "fire and forget" guidance. Having wires or not isn't the big deal, what IS the big deal is the ability of a soldier to sight the target, acquire, launch, and then seek cover.

Older systems (like the Sagger used in 1973, Egypt vs. Israel, and the TOW) require the soldier or pilot to guide the missile the whole way, and that can be both difficult AND dangerous.

Making a missile like the Javelin (fire and forget, AND top-attack) is technically challenging and expensive. But there will always be a place in combat for systems like the TOW, because they are relatively simple, much less costly, and can be used to great effect against bunkers and fortifications as well as armor.

Why blast a simple machine-gun nest with an expensive Javelin when you can hammer it with a TOW?

any news about pak getting or developing a third gen ATGM?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom