What's new

Pakistan aims for transformative $30-50b investment boost in agri sector

Thank God, you have not gone too far in discounting Pakistan as a country! Most of Imran fanbois seem to have given up on the country to the point of some openly wishing Pakistan disasters.
As for the OP-- the govt. can't lie for long and neither can the military. You can only milk a cow for so long. Something will HAVE to give and will have give or deliver within next 12 months. But I, like you, am cautiously optimistic. I had said here multiple times that what's happening in Pakistan's politics has the backing of Pakistan's foreign backers/well-wishers, starting from China. And we shall see soon where this grandstanding of the COAS and the PM will lead to--they can't hide for long. Not anymore. Those days are gone. Maybe there is not even family-silver to sell.
Thank God, you haven’t given up on me but know that there are many like me, that while standing with those that lead with Hope, that should we fly the PTI flag, we always fly the Pakistani Flag above it, still can recognize a good thing when they see it, and will never give up on Pakistan, land of my birth and of my kith and kin.

An episode I recounted in an earlier thread, some time ago, I chased after Nawaz Sharif’s limo when he was PM and heading to the UN from the Waldorf Astoria hotel on Park ave. And 49th. I tried to get him to take a flash drive so he may review the Pakistan Flood Control System Presentation, because I knew it was a matter to time with the consequences being in the tens of billions (when the next flood hit and sadly it did), and while I didn’t reach him, my motivation was purely to be able to service to our nation , regardless of government, and the 250 million people for whom I saw danger around the bend. For the past decade, I brought up the flood risk on this forum, and hope this too is addressed soon as well.

But that doesn’t change my mind that IK still is head and shoulders above the alternative choices. PTI was never a revolutionary party but an evolutionary party. Just not evolutionary enough, yet, I hope there is still time for PTI and all parties to do so.

Like I said, when there was a poll on the performance of the current COAS, in which I said I’m not disillusioned but disappointed, but for a unique reason. That he was a graduate of a course at the Japanese military academy. He saw first hand the discipline of the Japanese people and could be accomplished if the whole nation pulls together. He saw a society that had rebuilt itself after a devastating war and has maintained itself in the face of decades of stagnation.

I really hope he or someone on his team reads the book “Modernizers; Overseas Students, Foreign Employees, and Meiji Japan”. I gave a copy to the Consulate in New York in hopes someone would read it, or at least pass it along to someone willing to take its lessons to heart.

This move is one move in the right direction and I’m man enough to give him credit where credit is due.

Someone has to be above the fray and use their office to direct this nation on the path of development, despite the pushback from the vested business interests. The people, by a large want a stable and prosperous country but also one in which they have a sense of actual Justice and liberties.

I just hope this is not a limited effort. It needs to be done with full gusto. It really doesn’t matter who is in government as long as all the backlog of reforms get implemented, then everyone that is a Pakistani will be a winner.

There may not be family silver to sell, but they’re maybe a silver lining. Now the chickens have come home to roost and it all comes back to the economy. It is now the time for them to stand and deliver or accept the help of good and talented compatriots.

P.S. My family had a small farm, a few acres that my late father use to work on. I have family that still do, and love living on the farm more than city life. So this issue is of keen interest to me.

Last edited:
All of that is nice, but the most important part is the competition brought by corporate farms, which will light a fire under the *** of the laggards.

You can give farmers all the cost inefficient help you want, but only serious competition will change anything.

That lack of competition is the reason why India's farming competitiveness is still doing terrible despite having some of the best farmland on earth.
I meant a baseline level of help modernizing the entire nations farms, at least in drip irrigation (which can also deliver nutrients) and should they can catch up, if they invest their own resources appropriately.

great !!
more jobs for retired faujis

while the young educated population of Pakistan continues to suffer
The young are probably trying to move to Saudi. The current population of Saudi is under 40 million and the Saudis want to reach 50-55 million by 2030. So there is a lot of potential for someone if they move now and have the skills and credentials.

If the country gets its act together, many of these people can try to come back over the next 5-10 years.

Last edited:
قاتلوں کا قوم کے پچھواڑے میں ایک اور جھوٹ کا ٹیکا

They not only suffer but also try to flee. I was reading a business recorder article about remittance, which stated that while it's down, it'll grow because more Pakistanis went overseas—a different logic from those running this country.

This is an excellent video to watch:

Truth bomb:

Overseas Pakistani will hold their funds in reserve unless they see the right environment to invest in. Even if it’s below the potential of other markets, they will “grade on a curve” for Pakistan, but not outright ignore good sense when thinking about investing.

In what capacity is Asim Munir involved?

Where is the agricultural minister?

If Asim really wants to get involved then we can have Agricultural ministry under the PA.

Back to the topic, agriculture is a holistic field. There are things like farmers education, water management, irrigation, fertilizer, logistics on getting farmers produce to the market etc. In summary this is a vast field.

This just looks like optics.

Where will the investment come from?

Last edited:

If Asim really wants to get involved then we can have Agricultural ministry under the PA.

Back to the topic, agriculture is a holistic field. There are things like farmers education, water management, irrigation, fertilizer, logistics on getting farmers produce to the market etc. In summary this is a vast field.

In capacity of ruiner of PTI chairs f**ck fest

Everything is good if proper rules made and followed, else anyone can exploit the loopholes and cause more harm to the economy and people than benifit.

First and foremost the agri sector must be brought into the tax net, bring nominal taxes affordable by all. If agri is taxed, lower tax rate could be introduced for all.

They not only suffer but also try to flee. I was reading a business recorder article about remittance, which stated that while it's down, it'll grow because more Pakistanis went overseas—a different logic from those running this country.

This is an excellent video to watch:

Truth bomb:

same, myself trying to get out
but due to the fact that I realized quite late, the need to go abroad. I wasted quite a lot of time.

Where will the investment come from?
The world is looking to the stars and investing in the next technological breakthroughs, the duffer lumber 1 are looking to invest in latest kapas ki sundi technology.

Everything is good if proper rules made and followed, else anyone can exploit the loopholes and cause more harm to the economy and people than benifit.

First and foremost the agri sector must be brought into the tax net, bring nominal taxes affordable by all. If agri is taxed, lower tax rate could be introduced for all.
* small/subsistence farms should not be taxed.

The world is looking to the stars and investing in the next technological breakthroughs, the duffer lumber 1 are looking to invest in latest kapas ki sundi technology.
When everything has been run into the ground you literally have to stand from the bottom up. What’s more bottom than the literal dirt of the nation. Once all the rules and laws can be fixed around agriculture/water use, a lot more can follow.

Btw, drip irrigation not only allows water to be delivered to the plant roots but all the nutrients the plants will need. If we couple this with the right seeds and proper use of mycorrhizae, yields could grow to 300-500% of current yields for many crops as well as cut by large percentages the amount of fertilizer that needs to be used.

Last edited:
same, myself trying to get out
but due to the fact that I realized quite late, the need to go abroad. I wasted quite a lot of time.

If you know a trade or skill try Dubai. But I would recommend getting out and starting over never too late.

Overseas Pakistani will hold their funds in reserve unless they see the right environment to invest in. Even if it’s below the potential of other markets, they will “grade on a curve” for Pakistan, but not outright ignore good sense when thinking about investing.

Soon the birth pains will start. Lol.

I want to hear Hira Mandhi Kanjar Khawaja Asif cry while his three daughters live in New York and his son runs a business jointly with Nawaz's son out of the apartment near London airport (inside info and it checked out).

KARACHI: Pakistan lost over $4 billion in remittances sent by overseas Pakistan in FY23, much higher than the amount the PMLN-led coalition struggled to secure from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) during the outgoing fiscal year.

Last edited:
Thank God, you have not gone too far in discounting Pakistan as a country! Most of Imran fanbois seem to have given up on the country to the point of some openly wishing Pakistan disasters.
As for the OP-- the govt. can't lie for long and neither can the military. You can only milk a cow for so long. Something will HAVE to give and will have give or deliver within next 12 months. But I, like you, am cautiously optimistic. I had said here multiple times that what's happening in Pakistan's politics has the backing of Pakistan's foreign backers/well-wishers, starting from China. And we shall see soon where this grandstanding of the COAS and the PM will lead to--they can't hide for long. Not anymore. Those days are gone. Maybe there is not even family-silver to sell.

Imran Khan led gov shit the bed soo bad that from USA, GCC, Turkey to China all are pro PDM. The only people he was interested to keep happy were his fellow kin Afghan taliban, pathetic.

Don't know if this is comedic or pathetic. Maybe a bit of both? World is going to Mars and these geniuses are bragging about investments in agriculture like it's the next big thing.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom