What's new

Pakistan Air Force shuts airspace over southern Punjab, flights diverted

According to sources, the flights were re-directed in the air corridor after the armed forces radar spotted an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) east of the city, The News has learnt.

According to sources in armed forces, PAF fighters were scrambled to the area where the UAV was spotted to counter the probable threat. All flights to, from and through the air corridor were diverted or rescheduled.

Sources revealed that the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) was directed by the armed forces to shut down the Multan air corridor over a radius of 70 nautical miles as the forces radar had picked up a UAV east of Multan. However, no further details could be acquired vis-a-vis any encounter between the detected UAV and PAF fighters.

The UAV was spotted east of Multan, which indicates a high probability of its flying in from the eastern borders of the country. However, the probability of it flying in from the west and being spotted once it had reached the east-side cannot be completely ruled out. Armed forces, however, denied the presence of the UAV and attributed the air corridor’s closure to the PAF exercise.

When contacted, ISPR Director General Athar Abbas said that he did not have any information about the UAV or scrambling of the PAF jets. However, sources within the CAA said that PAF carried out similar exercises at the Rafiqui Airbase, Shorkot, Sargodha and Jacobabad, yet complete suspension of all air operations was not practiced there.

Flights diverted; ISPR denies UAV near Multan

maybe PAF execise was to counter that UAV, india doesnt have tech not the guts to send a UAV in the border, so most probably its the amerikans

Much ado about nothing..

After all, shamsi airbase is being vacated.. perhaps the airspace needed was larger than expected.

Well guys I really feel astonished to see so much disclosures of Pakistani interests on this forum (It may be facts/ not) still aren't we exposing our tactics/ strategies to our enemies esp. Indian & Others who are constantly lurking to get whatever scrap of info whether by acting as considerate friends/ others. Just go to Indian forums and see how careful they are. Guys just grow up & don't act childishly as our stupid media does. Just realize you are causing what sort of harm to your country & nation.

Thanks

Uh , what was so TOP secret in my post?

And I am not an insider leaking information like a rogue agent!

There was nothing secret in my post so get your facts right.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

According to sources, the flights were re-directed in the air corridor after the armed forces radar spotted an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) east of the city, The News has learnt.

According to sources in armed forces, PAF fighters were scrambled to the area where the UAV was spotted to counter the probable threat. All flights to, from and through the air corridor were diverted or rescheduled.

Sources revealed that the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) was directed by the armed forces to shut down the Multan air corridor over a radius of 70 nautical miles as the forces radar had picked up a UAV east of Multan. However, no further details could be acquired vis-a-vis any encounter between the detected UAV and PAF fighters.

The UAV was spotted east of Multan, which indicates a high probability of its flying in from the eastern borders of the country. However, the probability of it flying in from the west and being spotted once it had reached the east-side cannot be completely ruled out. Armed forces, however, denied the presence of the UAV and attributed the air corridor’s closure to the PAF exercise.

When contacted, ISPR Director General Athar Abbas said that he did not have any information about the UAV or scrambling of the PAF jets. However, sources within the CAA said that PAF carried out similar exercises at the Rafiqui Airbase, Shorkot, Sargodha and Jacobabad, yet complete suspension of all air operations was not practiced there.

Flights diverted; ISPR denies UAV near Multan

Seems strange.

First of all, a corridor is not spread at a 70 nm radius, it is just like a road, not in a radius, radius is of a circle.

One corridor was not closed, it was a radii around Multan.

Secondly, if UAV's are spotted , commercial flights don't get diverted just like that.

Maybe something that best be left alone!

Well the Red part is countering each other. Initially he claims about any PAF fighter intercepting a bogey, latter claims presence of a C-130 for exercise. Either the source is making things up, or the ADA is making things up to hide real thing (expect something bigger in this case.)

Please provide me with the link, I will try to investigate into it.

Yeah, it is a sort of contradiction.

If exercies are going on, then a C-130 does not go there, because it is written on the flight maps and in the mission briefing that where you have to go and in the most economical and practical way. The fact that a C-130 was turned around speaks volumes of the unexpected closure of air space.

I guess we got the answer.

Pakistan successfully test three Unmanned Aerial vehicles yesterday. They are capable to fly at 20,000 Ft. Well this explains it, though it is not the official word, I go for this.

Pakistan successfully test three Unmanned Aerial vehicles yesterday. They are capable to fly at 20,000 Ft. Well this explains it, though it is not the official word, I go for this.
dont you know the consequences ? :triniti:

I think the UAV version of story is correct maybe they didn't inform PAF before testing. :D

Pakistan have conducted test of 3 UAV's equipped with high tech cameras they can fly upto 20,000ft and their ranges are 250km. 600km and 1500KM (Aaj News).

Well guys I really feel astonished to see so much disclosures of Pakistani interests on this forum (It may be facts/ not) still aren't we exposing our tactics/ strategies to our enemies esp. Indian & Others who are constantly lurking to get whatever scrap of info whether by acting as considerate friends/ others. Just go to Indian forums and see how careful they are. Guys just grow up & don't act childishly as our stupid media does. Just realize you are causing what sort of harm to your country & nation.

Thanks

That's my concern too and that's what I have asked to the members in certain threads ... as I found our fellow from other side were showing them self like dumb and some where over smart and getting Info ... We must be care full and must not be an Ignorant ...

I was looking for this news authentication bro for the whole day and looking forward to post it ... and today later in evening I find out this at AAJ TV news scroller but still looking forward for some authentic prof some where ... so far didn't find ny thing except your post ... well its more then authentic for me ;) because you post it :D ...

Back
Top Bottom