What's new

Pakistan Army Al-Zarrar Tank (Swat)

comparing this to AZ, AZ don seems destroyed, not even a single scratch or burns on AZ
Now one more question, this tank above seems to be destroyed by an IED??
If it would have been destroyed by a anti tank missile then its turret would not have been in good shape & the condition of wheels show that its destroyed by an IED or anti tank mine, am i right???

Not necessarily, as in most cases the turret blows up after hit with an anti tank missile if ammunition is stored in it. In Abrams the tank ammunition is stored separately at the back of the turret in a separate compartment so that in case the turret is penetrated the ammunition does not blows up. Russian tanks have the bad habit to blow up as their ammunition is stored with in the turret.

In Iraq when a american tank used to get immobilized by anti tank missile or IED & the americans could not recover it, they destroy it completely with an air strike. In this case most probably it got hit by an IED & either the iraqis burned the rest of it or an air strike was called upon it.

Last edited:

I never said it was bad. I can't help it if some Pakistanis are so obsessed with themselves to claim everything as best esp in light of the fact that the world knows better. Are you saying the AZ is better than the Leos, Leclercs, Merkavas, Challys, & Abrams of this world.

BTW your link above. Not working. I was only trying to Read More. Please investigate the veracity of links from internet before posting them to prove any far fetched point.

I never said it was bad. I can't help it if some Pakistanis are so obsessed with themselves to claim everything as best esp in light of the fact that the world knows better. Are you saying the AZ is better than the Leos, Leclercs, Merkavas, Challys, & Abrams of this world.

BTW your link above. Not working. I was only trying to Read More. Please investigate the veracity of links from internet before posting them to prove any far fetched point.

Obsession, look who's telling me about Obsession the person who's going here n there utilizing every chance to bash Pakistan is giving me lessons on obsession, I ve even seen u abusing ur lucky that ur not banned
I m not saying that AZ is comparable to Leo, Abram dont twist my post(btw this shows ur obsession)
3 RPG-7 hits, one IED plus suicide attack and still the Armour has not got even a dent is enough proof of how good AZ is...
Go to google write "Al-Khalid, Type 98, and T-90 Dominate World Tank Market" & get hundreds of links
and here is a thread about it
http://www.defence.pk/forums/land-f...-type-98-t-90-dominate-world-tank-market.html

Last edited:
Definitely not destroyed. Its fine just requires a little bit of service.

i wondering which chance of abuses Indian leave this thread based on an old image but our Indian lady is make fun and abuses on this.shamefully because she also wanna unity between India pak.

Leos and Challys?:rofl:

+ arjunks
I wonder how angry Indians would get on seeing your post!
Btw look at the T-72 taken down in Iraq-Iran War by an RPG-7V.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see what's the big deal about this AZ.

We're engaged in a fierce battle against an "ARMED" militant organization which is getting its arms and ammunition from within and outside the country. They are experts at creating IEDs and suicide jackets. Recently, these insurgents became so desperate to hit our armour, they were carrying at least THREE 155mm artillery shells per individual, attached to their chest with a trigger mechanism for explosion. An improvised version of a suicide bomber that we've never seen before.

Anyone knows what happens to an armour if three 155mm artillery shells land directly on top of its turret or anywhere even near its armour? That's right, TOTAL annihilation. Now imagine this AZ up against that enemy which can pop up from any direction. The terrain doesn't help either. Our enemy is actually quite smart and that's exactly why they are able to improvise weapons of destruction, into roadside bombs and unconventional suicide vests.

This AZ was probably destroyed by multiple RPG-7 rocket hits. IED is another possibility. The point is, its warfare. We've been obliterating our enemy, and they've tried their level best to damage us. So what's the big deal if we loose an AZ? by the looks of it, it'll roll right back out on the battlefield after a quick visit to HIT.

First the Tank was stopped by an IED and then engaged on by the RPG's and suicide attackers. The AZ faired better than anyone had expected. So the verdict is the AZ upheld its reputation to the fullest!

I don't see what's the big deal about this AZ.

We're engaged in a fierce battle against an "ARMED" militant organization which is getting its arms and ammunition from within and outside the country. They are experts at creating IEDs and suicide jackets. Recently, these insurgents became so desperate to hit our armour, they were carrying at least THREE 155mm artillery shells per individual, attached to their chest with a trigger mechanism for explosion. An improvised version of a suicide bomber that we've never seen before.

Anyone knows what happens to an armour if three 155mm artillery shells land directly on top of its turret or anywhere even near its armour? That's right, TOTAL annihilation. Now imagine this AZ up against that enemy which can pop up from any direction. The terrain doesn't help either. Our enemy is actually quite smart and that's exactly why they are able to improvise weapons of destruction, into roadside bombs and unconventional suicide vests.

This AZ was probably destroyed by multiple RPG-7 rocket hits. IED is another possibility. The point is, its warfare. We've been obliterating our enemy, and they've tried their level best to damage us. So what's the big deal if we loose an AZ? by the looks of it, it'll roll right back out on the battlefield after a quick visit to HIT.

Sir, from where have then gotten the 155m shells ?? or would they be the 152mm russian shells left over of the Afghan War ??

Just asking becoz 155mm is a western caliber, i don't recall seeing 155mm artillery in action in the Afghan War.

Sir, from where have then gotten the 155m shells ?? or would they be the 152mm russian shells left over of the Afghan War ??

Just asking becoz 155mm is a western caliber, i don't recall seeing 155mm artillery in action in the Afghan War.

That's what leaves us to wonder, where are they getting this equipment from? Because I can assure you, they've been using 155mm artillery shells for suicide and IED missions.

But it's not all that impossible for them to acquire this caliber. TTP have been ambushing supply trucks for a while now.

Last edited:

Thanks dude. And if anybody read it, its clearly written that 7 suicide attacks in less than 15 mins. And i also remember when Hamid mir was on front line with Soldiers he asked a Maj about that tank. The reply was same and the Maj added that a rocket ( I forgot its name its a shoulder launch rocket. its Gostov or something like that) was also fired on the tank. Still the tank crew is safe.

Carl Gustav? Are you sure? Its if I remember correctly NATO? Whats a NATO RR doing in hands of the Taliban? If its true then it mean that the AZ survived a 86mm recoil less round? I have seen Taliban using the old 1965 war style RR in Bunner but a Carl Gustav?

Back
Top Bottom