What's new

Pakistan Army fires 11 serving officers including Generals for corruption.

I woke up with this beautiful news. Alhumdulillah for having him as our COAS. It was needed. Accountability for everyone. Honestly, today Pakistan is standing because of this man. It even gives me a shiver to think if we had another COAS like Kiyani. Yes he did Sawat operation and this is the only thing I can think off. But things in Pakistan would be even worst.

Massive respect. :smitten::smitten::pakistan:

it proves that like political parties army also have corruption

Ok bye. :wave:

Politicians & Anti Army brigade reaction
Cgj8QCLWMAAO--b.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahaahahhaahhahahaahhahahaahhahahaahahah....:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ROFLMAO

Not the first time. We saw some action in that NLC case and as per insider sources many officers from top to bottom involved in the French Helicopter deal also got punishments which included dismissal from service with all benefits taken back.

Was it ever revealed just how much money was made illegally by them and/or family members? Was any of it recovered? If they made millions and got away with it without jail time, then it is only a slap on the wrist.

Obaidullah got what was coming to him for a long time...he had been getting the benefit of doubt for a loooong time....no more I am afraid.

If people following from last year they know why Lt.Gen and Maj Gen got dismissed for corruption. For others, 2 generals and 5 Brigadiers all belonged to FC balochistan and did extensive corruption in FC balochistan. Inquiry started last year when then IG FC Major General son's sports car crashed in November 2014 and two test drivers namely 1 colonel and 1 major got killed. Raheel shareef started his enquiry how a major general was able to buy sports car. and trail led to 1 Lt.GEN and 5 brigaders who supported them.

From last year

198.gif

Dismissed with Medical and Pension retained.

nobody notice that its noted that these officers served in Fc in Baluchistan.

and see that sacking in context of the arrest of RAW Agent.
FC ma smuggling ka khabba bohat hay. Punjab and Sindh rangers are less lucrative because of fenced boundary effectively blocking any smuggling.

Master Stroke played by the General Raheel Sharif in a tug of war between the establishment and the corrupt political elite ruling the country in the wake of panama papers.

This will NOT change the ways of Nawaz Sharif and cronies because their whole political life depends on corruption, deceit, and an effective PR campaign to create positive public image. I am sure they have made enough money already through IMF loans and major constrution projects to prepare for the next election.

However, it will definitely boost the Army's image massively and increase public faith in the institution. But will it put enough pressure on Nawaz to fire serving MPs from his party? I highly doubt so. He might make some anti-corruption committee and hire more cronies to NAB for face-saving, but I can safely bet his response to the Army's move will be in complete opposite direction.

A lot of speculation going on here about why these officers were charged. To avoid confusion and the proliferation of conspiracy theories I think it is pertinent to mention some important bits of information in order to put the entire thing in perspective.

This investigation had been ongoing for about a year after a complaint was lodged by the owner of a car that crashed on Kuchlak road, killing a Major and a Lt Col who had been asked to test drive the vehicle by Maj Gen Ijaz, then IGFC Balochistan. The resulting complaint took a new turn when it was brought to notice that the car was non-custom paid.
With the role of the investigation expanded, the team went through automotive records of officers serving in FC Balochistan for the last decade and found that a number of officers had defrauded the state by procuring non-custom paid vehicle and transferring the body onto a legal chassis procured through a government auction.
Thus for tax evasion, fraud and profiteering off smuggling. The said officers were found guilty and sentenced.

To add, this is not the first or the last time that a senior officer has been found guilty and sentenced in the Army, accountability is a strict and ongoing process in the Army though it is an internal matter and it is highly uncommon for news to leak like this. That's why the sentiment that the Army has "started clearing its own house first" is slightly misplaced, we have always been making sure that we keep our institution clean.

@balixd @WAJsal @notorious_eagle @Horus @Irfan Baloch

A lot of speculation going on here about why these officers were charged. To avoid confusion and the proliferation of conspiracy theories I think it is pertinent to mention some important bits of information in order to put the entire thing in perspective.

This investigation had been ongoing for about a year after a complaint was lodged by the owner of a car that crashed on Kuchlak road, killing a Major and a Lt Col who had been asked to test drive the vehicle by Maj Gen Ijaz, then IGFC Balochistan. The resulting complaint took a new turn when it was brought to notice that the car was non-custom paid.
With the role of the investigation expanded, the team went through automotive records of officers serving in FC Balochistan for the last decade and found that a number of officers had defrauded the state by procuring non-custom paid vehicle and transferring the body onto a legal chassis procured through a government auction.
Thus for tax evasion, fraud and profiteering off smuggling. The said officers were found guilty and sentenced.

To add, this is not the first or the last time that a senior officer has been found guilty and sentenced in the Army, accountability is a strict and ongoing process in the Army though it is an internal matter and it is highly uncommon for news to leak like this. That's why the sentiment that the Army has "started clearing its own house first" is slightly misplaced, we have always been making sure that we keep our institution clean.

Mujhe nahin tag kiyaa ! :(

*Sad song plays in the background as Armstrong grabs a bottle of whiskey and wallows in self pity*

So then its only a matter of time before you too get caught or are you telling me that you paid for each and everyone of your gold plated teeth ? :o:

Mujhe nahin tag kiyaa ! :(

*Sad song plays in the background as Armstrong grabs a bottle of whiskey and wallows in self pity*

So then its only a matter of time before you too get caught or are you telling me that you paid for each and everyone of your gold plated teeth ? :o:

You had already liked the post so I assumed, correctly if I might add, that you've seen it.

I am a man with few needs, I am more than content just ogling at pictures of glorious two wheelers and hope the tax policy changes rather than procure one through illegal means and lose all joy in having it.

So, in other words, a relatively minor case - a few vehicles - compared to the billions in alleged corruption and frauds elsewhere. A good step, nonetheless.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom