What's new

Pakistan economic crisis forces shopping malls and markets to close early

Yeah i can imagine

Things since pandemic have deteriorated in pak. Its been increasingly chaotic
On daily basis prices of food, taxi fares, etc have increased. Each time i went to buy eggs or yogurt etc there was an increase of 10rs at least in Islamabad back in September 2022. Even air tickets were so expensive leaving Pak in offseason
Our awam have supported corrupt politicians forever, none of them ever had plan other than beg saudi or beg/borrow imf
Even pti govt used police to shut shops in lovkdowns which started this whole shut the markets drama, now pdm doing same

Why are these pdm still having lavish protocols, facilities and big car rally type security when countty is almost default
When will they give up and flee to london?
Awam has never supported any of the corrupt politicians en masse. Historically, voter turn out is always in low in Pakistan around 10%. It's only with the advent of IK in politics that two large demographics, women and young people started to take interest in politics and only recently voter turn has increased.

What has been happening from the '71 election on is massive rigging and electoral engineering by the colonial sepoys. Every election is controlled and each gov't is formed through GHQ's manipulation and coercion. All roads of destruction and dysfunction lead back to GHQ, which is the root of all evil in the country and as such should be the target of derision and criticism when cursing the misfortunes of the country.

I think the traders won’t follow the new hours of closing early
But i do think the shops/matkets need to open early
Until recently i found in pak, and was told by family/relatives that going to market before 12pm was useless as hardly any stores would be open (talking about clothes, good etc).
One day we went around 11am to some market in pindi, found whole market closed. Were told they don’t open till 12pm

When half the country sleeps in till 11am, what can we expect? Hamaray loagon kay nashte he 12 se pehle khatam nai hotay. Dukaam pe b salesmen ajatay but owner araam se atay.

Systematic destruction of societies are now happening by the agents of wef etc. All countries to follow this so they can build back better. Pakistan to waise b israel ka dushman ha, wo pori koshish ker rahay k ye tabah hojaye. With economy in freefall and massive invasion level buildup by india on border, we’re facing wars of immense proportions. Truly signs of getting close to the end times.

No that's just an urban myth. Based on a few cherry-picked questionable stats don't even prove anything of that sort. They're one of the worst countries in the world because of overpopulation.

Far worse than Pakistan. I know a former Pakistani tenant at my house who went there and claimed it's the filthiest country she's ever been too and was grateful Pakistan is nothing of that sort.

I was already aware of it, thanks to my common sense.

I told her some Bangladeshis literally believe their country their country will become an Asian tiger like Singapore. Her reply was "Nooooo."

Those who make such fantasy claims are the same ones who claim India is one the richest countries in the world and a superpower.

Common sense tells us very much the opposite.
It’s this kind of winner, class - A mentality that makes pakistan the greatest nation in the world today. I do hope your tribe continues to increase there (and stay there). 🙏🏽

It’s this kind of winner, class - A mentality that makes pakistan the greatest nation in the world today. I do hope your tribe continues to increase there (and stay there). 🙏🏽

The truth hurts, doesn't it? Why are you on our forums if you want us to stay away?

And your point? I was referencing the economy, and the comparison between the two nations does not lie and tell another story of success and failure. The son (Bangladesh) who came out of the father (Pakistan) is more successful with limited resources in a short amount of time. It's truly shameful.

How so? Their people have been studying at our universities. Their people have been importing machinery and medical equipment from us. Many of our factories opened up in their country.

Their GDP has surpassed other first world countries, yet they have some of the worst living conditions in the world. By your argument India is amongst the world's top five successful countries when it has more poverty than all of Subsaharan Africa.

What "success" do you see here? It's all myth & delusionalism.

Last edited:
The truth hurts, doesn't it?

How so? Their people have been studying at out universities. Their people have been importing machinery and medical equipment from us. Many of out factories opened up in their country.

Their GDP has surpassed other first world countries, yet they have some of the worst living conditions in the world. By your argument India is amongst the world's top five successful countries when it has more poverty than all of Subsaharan Africa.

What "success" do you see here? It's all myth & delusionalism.

Do you see Bangladesh and India running across the globe begging for cash? Is their COAS running around the world asking for money? Stop being stupid. And please tell me what machinery and medical equipment we manufacture that Bangladesh imports from us. Sindh Health Minister is on record telling people first to check if the dog that bit them has rabies and then come and get the shot because it's expensive, and then it's figured out they don't even have enough of them in stock. Your politicians go overseas for medical treatment, PDM p*rn director had to go abroad for a throat procedure, yet here we are exporting machinery and equipment to Bangladesh. As for our factories opening up there, it's true because you don't have one thing they need to run the machines -- electricity.

He says, She says, makes no difference. But, as I said before, please show me the numbers.
I as a businessman, look at data to make decisions before I put the first $ 100 on the desk. I travel to Pakistan multiple times per year; by all means, it's far from being clean.

Isn't he says, she says exactly what you're doing? Using urban myths to deceive. Using some cherry-picked stats to draw a false illusion. What you are doing is engaging in fallacious arguing.

You are making the fallacy of statistics and fallacy of selective information. Yes Pakistan is far from clean, but that's only half the truth. The truth is it is a far cleaner and developed country than Bangladesh.

This is the fallacy of selective information.

Statistics don't necessarily tell everything. Especially when they are cherry-picked. Bangladesh having a larger GDP does not necessarily mean it's more developed than Pakistan.

Let's for example use that argument and compare it to New Zealand and we can see a significant difference: https://georank.org/economy/bangladesh/new-zealand

According to you, Bangladesh is now a "more developed country" than New Zealand. Such a shame for New Zealand, isn't it? However the truth is far from that. Quite the polar opposite.

New Zealand outclasses Bangladesh in just about every basic field. Don't compare a filthy gutter like Bangladesh to the island of paradise of New Zealand.

Might want to look up logical fallacies before using them as weapons. Here is a quote to help you:

"The word "fallacy" comes from the Latin "fallacia" which means "deception, deceit, trick, artifice," however, a more specific meaning in logic (a logical fallacy) that dates back to the 1550s means "false syllogism, invalid argumentation." A logical fallacy as a concept within argumentation that commonly leads to an error in reasoning due to the deceptive nature of its presentation. Logical fallacies can comprise fallacious arguments that contain one or more non-factual errors in their form or deceptive arguments that often lead to fallacious reasoning in their evaluation."

Last edited:
Isn't he says, she says exactly what you're doing? Using urban myths to deceive. Using some cherry-picked stats to draw a false illusion. What you are doing is engaging in fallacious arguing.

You are making the fallacy of statistics and fallacy of selective information. Yes Pakistan is far from clean, but that's only half the truth. The truth is it is a far cleaner and developed country than Bangladesh.

This is the fallacy of selective information.

Statistics don't necessarily tell everything. Especially when they are cherry-picked. Bangladesh having a larger GDP does not necessarily mean it's more developed than Pakistan.

Let's for example use that argument and compare it to New Zealand and we can see a significant difference: https://georank.org/economy/bangladesh/new-zealand

Now according to you, Bangladesh is now a "more developed country" than New Zealand. Such a shame for New Zealand, isn't it? However the truth is far from that. Quite the polar opposite.

New Zealand outclasses Bangladesh in just about every basic field. Don't compare a filthy gutter like Bangladesh to the island of paradise of New Zealand.

Might want to look up logical fallacies before using them as weapons. Here is a quote to help you:

"The word "fallacy" comes from the Latin "fallacia" which means "deception, deceit, trick, artifice," however, a more specific meaning in logic (a logical fallacy) that dates back to the 1550s means "false syllogism, invalid argumentation." A logical fallacy as a concept within argumentation that commonly leads to an error in reasoning due to the deceptive nature of its presentation. Logical fallacies can comprise fallacious arguments that contain one or more non-factual errors in their form or deceptive arguments that often lead to fallacious reasoning in their evaluation."

I stopped reading right after you tried to compare Bangladesh to a first-world country New Zealand. That's like comparing a walnut to an Apple; two very different things.

I stopped reading right after you tried to compare Bangladesh to a first-world country New Zealand. That's like comparing a walnut to an Apple; two very different things.

I am only using your own arguments against you. I clearly mentioned this in a previous post so i'll repeat it since you must have missed it: "Their [Bangladesh's] GDP has surpassed other first world countries."

Last edited:
I am only using your own arguments against you. I clearly mentioned this in a previous post so i'll repeat it since you must have missed it: "Their GDP has surpassed other first world countries."

Look at other metrics as well, fool. That is what I'm saying. Across the board, Bangladesh is ahead of us. Even in literacy rate, they are 25% ahead of Pakistan. So GDP is but one factor. Your investment and utilization of manpower have been an utter failure in the last 75 years.

No matter how you try to skin this cat, Pakistan is and will always remain a failure due to its political setup and the as* clowns of a population we have.

Arguing for the sake of arguing isn't going to get you anywhere; and try and think more broadly then being a line reader.

Last edited:
I am only using your own arguments against you. I clearly mentioned this in a previous post so i'll repeat it since you must have missed it: "Their GDP has surpassed other first world countries."

Nobody says Bangladesh can even remotely be compared to a second world country let alone a first one. Bangladesh is a highly corrupt country. But comparison with Pakistan is valid.

The point is simple. Bangladesh's financial health is better than Pakistan. It is more attractive to investors. Where would you invest as an investor? Pakistan has fallen so low that a basket case like Bangladesh has surpassed it in terms of financial health.

Dont like Bangladesh fine. Vietnam was behind Pakistan in the 90s, it is now well ahead. Next Colombia was devastated by insurgency, even they are doing better.

I am only using your own arguments against you. I clearly mentioned this in a previous post so i'll repeat it since you must have missed it: "Their [Bangladesh's] GDP has surpassed other first world countries."

For your information, I never said or compared Bangladesh to a first-world country. I strictly from the get-go those two particular nations -- you added a third wheel where it wasn't needed to take the discussion elsewhere because, deep down, Pakistan doesn't have any legs to stand on.

In terms of GDP, Bangladesh has overtaken Pakistan as well: A GDP of $411 billion, compared to Pakistan's GDP of $347 billion, makes Bangladesh the 33rd largest economy in the world.

Where do Bangladesh and Pakistan stand after 50 years of separation? (scroll.in)

People with your mindset thinking is the reason—the country's a sh*t hole.

Nobody says Bangladesh can even remotely be compared to a second world country let alone a first one. Bangladesh is a highly corrupt country. But comparison with Pakistan is valid.

The point is simple. Bangladesh's financial health is better than Pakistan. It is more attractive to investors. Where would you invest as an investor? Pakistan has fallen so low that a basket case like Bangladesh has surpassed it in terms of financial health.

Dont like Bangladesh fine. Vietnam was behind Pakistan in the 90s, it is now well ahead. Next Colombia was devastated by insurgency, even they are doing better.

Thank you, but Pakistanis like him tend to pull things out of their as* when they can't defend. It's like the Jews, God told them to bring a cow, but then they started asking questions about color, weight, and height -- when all they could've done was go next door and get anyone and finish the story.

@ThunderCat

As mentioned above, and in my original post, if I were to put $ 100 down, I would look at the most attractive as an investor, and Pakistan doesn't meet any metric with its poorly developed economy.

Since you like to toss definitions, I'll throw one for Macroeconomics, the study of the economy's big picture that considers the country's labor development.

Last edited:

That was my point. Pakistan had a larger GDP than Finland until the past few years. So what? That it was "ahead of Finland" until the past few years?

Bangladesh to Pakistan or any other country comparison is valid as long as truthful info is used. They can have all the investment they want.

Look at India. They've got plenty of foreign investment. But the fact is they also have more poverty than subsaharan Africa. They even were ranked as having more starvation.

Given their population size and much more limited space, I would believe that. So don't try to convince me based on oversimplifications.

Pakistan is self-destructing due to the self-perceived "masterminds" in GHQ, they are prepared to die on their hill of extreme incompetency, corruption, and nepotism. They are too egotistical to admit they aren't good at what they're doing, and too greedy with all the funds they launder.

Only really the public can do something but seems they are asleep.

For your information, I never said or compared Bangladesh to a first-world country. I strictly from the get-go those two particular nations -- you added a third wheel where it wasn't needed to take the discussion elsewhere because, deep down, Pakistan doesn't have any legs to stand on.

In terms of GDP, Bangladesh has overtaken Pakistan as well: A GDP of $411 billion, compared to Pakistan's GDP of $347 billion, makes Bangladesh the 33rd largest economy in the world.

Where do Bangladesh and Pakistan stand after 50 years of separation? (scroll.in)

People with your mindset thinking is the reason—the country's a sh*t hole.

Exactly, by idolizing a country that is even poorer/shittier than Pakistan on every scale, you strive to make Pakistan worse.

So let's again use your own argument. In terms of GDP, Bangladesh is ahead of New Zealand. At a margin of 70 billion dollars according to the stats I posted.

Don't even try convincing me or anyone else that Bangladesh is anywhere remotely near developed as New Zealand. Neither it's environment, nor education nor living standards nor medical facilities and just about every field can match New Zealand's.

Also by your own argument, India is amongst the top five best countries. Surpassing all Nordic countries in terms of GDP. Don't bother telling me that India- the world's poorest country- can come even close to rivaling the development of Nordic countries.

The article you linked is also "he said" "she said."

Back
Top Bottom