What's new

Pakistan starts production of avionics for JF-17 Thunder jet

the KLJ-7 can fire the SD-10/PL8/PL5

yes it can fire bt currently ther is a little problem in radar..the radar cannot be linked to the KLJ-7

may be some senior member will help you in this bro
coz i dnt knw much about this bt currently the 22 Jf-17 no one is capable of firing BVR.

bt the problem will be solved soon

Farhan ,may be u don't know Wangrong,his posts have importance in PDF.
and what u r referring about confirmation from senior member,hes enough to confirm.
(i personally thinks that hes an aeronautical Chinese engineer in Kamara)

but if u still disagree,then :lazy: for sure.

Farhan ,may be u don't know Wangrong,his posts have importance in PDF.
and what u r referring about confirmation from senior member,hes enough to confirm.
(i personally thinks that hes an aeronautical Chinese engineer in Kamara)

but if u still disagree,then :lazy: for sure.

well sir jii if its true that the jf-17 currently are capable of firing BVR then i am happy more then anyone..

bt i was just saying what i knew in here

its true sir jii

many people confirmed tthat the first 50 cannot fire BVR and are now for A2G role specially..

R u out of ur mind??????????????

The KLJ-7 has multiple modes, both beyond-visual-range (BVR) and close-in air-to-air modes, ground surveillance modes and a robust anti-jamming capability. The radar can reportedly manage up to 40 targets, monitor up to 10 of them in track-while-scan (TWS) mode and simultaneously fire on two BVR targets.[2] The detection range for targets with a radar cross-section of 5 square meters is stated to be ≥105 km (≥85 km in look-down mode). Surface sea targets can be detected at up to 135 km.[1] Most modern Chinese air-launched weapons, such as the short-range PL-9C and the beyond-visual-range PL-12 (SD-10) air-to-air missiles are supported by the KLJ-7. It has been reported that KLJ-7 also has modes to support a range of NATO weaponry, including the Raytheon AIM-9 Sidewinder short-range and AIM-7 Sparrow medium-range air-to-air missiles.

Another
The KLJ-7 Fire Control Radar (FCR), also referred to as Type 1478, employs a mechanically-scanned, phased-array antenna and is the main radar set for the Chengdu Aircraft Industries/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex FC-1/JF-17 fighter aircraft. A derivative of the KLJ-7, and likely employing a larger diameter array, the KLJ-10/J-10A, is believed to have been installed in the Chengdu J-10 fighter aircraft.In terms of development, the J-7 is reportedly similar in basic design to Phazotron N010 Zhuk family of radars; both Phazotron NIIR and rival radar house NIIP have worked closely in the past with Chinese radar design bureaux and provided technical assistance as well as operational models of Russia-made radar sets that were used as benchmarks in the process of Chinese firms developing their own designs. Nanjing have also reportedly drawn on the Galileo Avionica/Finmeccanica Grifo and the Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) Elta-2032 in developing their own radar designs. While the basic configuration of the J-7 may be similar to that of the Zhuk family, Nanjing utilises Chinese-made electronic components, multi-layered circuit boards, etc.The J-7 has multiple modes, both Beyond Visual Range (BVR) and close-in air-to-air modes, ground surveillance and a robust anti-jamming capability, according to Chinese sources. The radar can reportedly manage up to 40 targets, monitor up to 10 of them in Track-While-Scan (TWS) mode and can engage two targets simultaneously at BVR. The detection range for targets with an radar-cross section of up to 3 square metres is 75 km look-up, or 35 km in look-down mode.

Source

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

AESA & BVR capable avionics will certainly be out of j17 budjet, what they re attempting is a low cost alternative...

It has BVR capability

rising+pakistan.jpg

its a good news that pakistan has started avionics for its light weight fighter jf-17.its a solid start by a developing country like pakistan .

its a good news that pakistan has started avionics for its light weight fighter jf-17.its a solid start by a developing country like pakistan .
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

great news Masha Allah...but guys we must not forget to say thanks to france, because of their rejection, we took this step....thank you france for motivating us to go for self reliance.

pakistan brains are one of the best in world.. i bet if proper utilization will be made of their expertise in this department then kamra avionics will rock the world..:pakistan:

ok so what does pakistani "indigenous avionics suite" contain? can anyone tell?

ok so what does pakistani "indigenous avionics suite" contain? can anyone tell?

Since its said "Complete Avionics Suit" , Pakistan Must be developing the following

Communications
Navigation-Radio navigation
Monitoring-Glass Cockpit
Aircraft flight control systems
Aircraft collision avoidance systems
Weather systems
Aircraft management systems
Mission or tactical avionics
Military communications
Radar
Electronic support measures and defensive aids

Pardon me If I Missed Out anything

Friends,

Interface problem does not mean that it cannot fire BVRs. Its a small glitch and will surely be rectified if it is not by now. With all due respect to Sir Parvez Shamim and his valuable information, i believe the PAF would not have gone for this radar if there was a handicap with it. As initially two Chinese radars (one Italian) were offered for thunder by two companies, institute 607 and 614 (Wuxi and Nriet). We see Nriet radar as KLJ-7 having multiple engage modes offering versatile performance as it was evaluated for two years in China and still being done in Pakistan. Interface issue is nothing serious as i said it can be resolved easily. Remember, BVR, FBW and Multiple engagement were among prime reasons for the development of thunder and i don't see the reason how it can be inducted without fulfilling what it was made for.

It is replacing A-5s so ground weapon load out most of the time makes sense after all.

Back
Top Bottom