What's new

Pakistani-American sentenced for plotting US subway bombings

Bhushan

Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistani-American sentenced for plotting US subway bombings

WASHINGTON: A Pakistani-American man was sentenced Monday to 23 years in prison for plotting attacks on subway stations around the US capital with people he believed were Al-Qaeda affiliates.

Farooque Ahmed, a naturalised US citizen who lived in the Virginia suburbs of Washington, admitted photographing stations in 2010 to plan simultaneous bomb attacks.

The 35-year-old pleaded guilty to charges of attempting to provide material support to a designated terrorist organisation and collecting information to assist in planning a terrorist attack, US officials said.

A federal judge also sentenced Ahmed to 50 years of supervised release after prison, as part of a plea agreement between Ahmed’s lawyers and prosecutors.

Ahmed was caught in a sting operation by US authorities, who said that “at no time was the public in danger during this investigation and that the FBI was aware of Ahmed’s activities from before the alleged attempt began and closely monitored his activities until his arrest.”

Ahmed was arrested in October 2010. Authorities said he had studied security operations at subway stations, took photographs, and provided diagrams to the fake Al-Qaeda affiliates.

Ahmed also “provided suggestions as to where explosives should be placed on trains in Metrorail stations in Arlington to kill the most people in simultaneous attacks planned for 2011,” the US Department of Justice said in a statement.

Ahmed was arrested in October 2010. Authorities said he had studied security operations at subway stations, took photographs, and provided diagrams to thefake Al-Qaeda affiliates.

Ahmed also “provided suggestions as to where explosives should be placed on trains in Metrorail stations in Arlington to kill the most people in simultaneous attacks planned for 2011,” the US Department of Justice said in a statement.

the statement (23 years) is too much for the crime which had not done... Mr Ahmed should given one more chance... Though he aquire some information, but this information was not given to real al-Qauida ... After 23 years his life will nothing...

Pakistan govt must try to save its citizen (though he is American, but he was born in Pakistan)

the statement (23 years) is too much for the crime which had not done... Mr Ahmed should given one more chance... Though he aquire some information, but this information was not given to real al-Qauida ... After 23 years his life will nothing...

Pakistan govt must try to save its citizen (though he is American, but he was born in Pakistan)

CIA and FBI are very good in trapping people ( pakistani muslims) in their self made plot and make them try to commit crime then arrest them and punish them................this is totally a double standard......when an american soldier killed 3 innocent afghanis he gets sentence of <10yrs and when a muslim who even did not kill anyone gets 23yrs?

CIA and FBI are very good in trapping people ( pakistani muslims) in their self made plot and make them try to commit crime then arrest them and punish them................this is totally a double standard......when an american soldier killed 3 innocent afghanis he gets sentence of <10yrs and when a muslim who even did not kill anyone gets 23yrs?

CIA and FBI are very good in trapping people ( pakistani muslims) in their self made plot and make them try to commit crime then arrest them and punish them?

i cant stop laughing.

Did you hear about the HAARP conspiracy? America caused the Japanese earthquake, etc. thats a good one

thats is actually justified,...what ahmed did was crime against the nation....what the Us soldier did was not....the afgan govt should have punished the soldier coz it were afgans who were killed, but it is a pity that it is not in a state to do so

i cant stop laughing.

Did you hear about the HAARP conspiracy? America caused the Japanese earthquake, etc. thats a good one

don't deviate from the issue... Its honey trapping.... there is a show running on Indian channel "Emotional atyachar" In that show the host does a loyalty test of a boy (or girl). For this they bring a half naked beautiful girl in front of boy, Who in world will not affected by such beautiful girl...

Same thing happened here, First of all FBI agents made an environment across him so that he start hating USA, later they provided him resource to turn this hate into betrayal, finally they caught him....

@Doctor09: i am not agree with you Some of the Pakistanis are/were conspiring something nasty..

thats is actually justified,...what ahmed did was crime against the nation....what the Us soldier did was not....the afgan govt should have punished the soldier coz it were afgans who were killed, but it is a pity that it is not in a state to do so
what oh i forgot US soldiers have license to kill anyone anywhere they are above the law.........they killed thousands of innocent people but there will be no international court for them in which they get punished but for others the law is different............

America is not deliberately framing pakistanis

If that was true so many Pakistanis would not be living in the US. They went there and are still going because they believe USA is a country where justice exists.

Firstly if this guy was going to be awarded the Nobel Peace prize for some great invention then we would hear a hundred or so Americans claiming that he is an American and not a Pakistani and other :blah::blah::blah: But let him be caught with a bomb and the fact that he is of Pakistani origin will be highlighted. Not that I am coming to Pakistan's defence as a law abiding international country which does not produce its own quality of terrorists for some unknown reason .

Secondly, this guy will more or less be 60 years old when he is released from prison. He thereafter gets another 50 years supervised release ? Man that is harsh

America is not deliberately framing pakistanis

If that was true so many Pakistanis would not be living in the US. They went there and are still going because they believe USA is a country where justice exists.[/QUOTE]
yes you are right justice exists and we still did not forget what type of great great justice is done for DR.AFIA SADIQUI
they are framing because they want to show the world that everyone of us is TERRORIST so that when the time comes they have reason to attack us same as they did in IRAQ

to frame someone is toughest job and CIA is excellent in it..they framed iraq very well they can frame anyone

This is called a proactive method, they might be monitoring his internet and other activities and found suspicious behavior. They checked on him by posing as AQ and he agreed to do all those stuff. I see nothing wrong in it. If I was a sane citizen, I would contact 911 or FBI. I however feel that his sentence could have been a bit harsh.

This is called a proactive method, they might be monitoring his internet and other activities and found suspicious behavior. They checked on him by posing as AQ and he agreed to do all those stuff. I see nothing wrong in it. If I was a sane citizen, I would contact 911 or FBI. I however feel that his sentence could have been a bit harsh.

but if they 1st brain washed him act as Alqaeda agents then when he become puppet then they act as FBI agent....................23yrs punishment is not justified in any case
in many cases agains pakistanis specially i referred to dr.afia's case they dont have enough findings and proofs to claim their allegations but surprisingly they did and the court punish them this shows double standard of their justice
an other example of their justice and human rights is Guantánamo Bay jail.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom