What's new

Pakistani mega hit film ‘'Waar'’ | Reviews & Discussions.

With such a predictable story line, some observers say that Pakistani producers are using the formula of Indian films of the 80’s which rely heavily on propaganda and patriotism. The fact that the movie has funding from the Pakistan Army through its public relations arm also helps explain its plot, they add.

Why does Pakistan army need to get involved in show business?

Pakistan's Biggest Film Ever Means WAAR

UPDATE: Thanks to a generous outpouring of information from Pakistani readers, I've been able to add some new information to this article. According to readers both here in the comments and through other venues, I've been able to identify the fact that the funding for Waar is entirely Pakistani, though its exact origins differs depending on whom you talk to.

One of our commentators says that the film was financed by Hassan Waqas Rana, who also happens to be the writer and co-star of the film. The film, according to my sources, seems to be dramatizing various controversial events in Pakistan since the beginning of the "war on terrorism" in neighboring Afghanistan. It is no secret that the fighting has bled over into neighboring Pakistan, with tensions running high between Pakistan and the US, despite formerly strong diplomatic ties.

While the film was made with Pakistani money, it is apparently to be distributed by Warner Brothers worldwide. This will not be the film Pakistani film distributed outside of the country, though. Last year a slice of life drama called Bol that dealt with the day to day lives of several Pakistani women released in India and the US to several positive notices. Most of the information linking WB and Waar is to be found on Pakistani film sites, and I haven't been able to confirm it beyond that.

Some people are saying that the film is a thinly veiled recruiting exercise. There are rumors in Pakistan that the film was financed by ISPR, the PR wing of the ISI, the controversial Pakistani secret military service. There are rumors about the ISI in this country as well, but I'll leave those to political commentators.

The two RAW agents Ramal and Laxmi are the primary cause of most trouble in Pakistan. The movie shows them behind political murders, suicide bombings and even kidnapping. There is another RAW agent who works as a social worker by day and honey-traps willing politicians by nights.
Hmmmm...So just two measly RAW agents are bleeding Pakistan with a thousand cuts???? :woot: :omghaha:

Make way guys! Pollywood (Pakistan's Bollywood) is back with a bang! :lol:

This movie is biggest blow to India after 1962 war. How can we survive this movie (whatever the name is. Our regional films have bigger budget than biggest movies in Pakistan). Indian will crowd the theater to watch the movie :toast_sign:

Pakistan exporting terrorism is a fact( whole world including UN and Musharraf except it) , India exporting terrorism is a myth that sells only in Pakistani masses. period

yaar chor na copy cats hai :D

scaled_BlueJackal.PNG

Coinciding with the release of “War Chhod Na Yar” on the Indian side, comes a Pakistani movie called “Waar” which has an entirely different story-line. Opening to cinemas on Eid this week, “Waar” is a movie about Pakistan’s war on terrorism and how India is behind all the terrorist activities that take place here.
Relying heavily on stereotypes that exist in Pakistani media already, “Waar” is a story about one Major Mujhtaba, a retired army officer who had taken an early retirement from the forces due to personal reasons. This lead role is played by the country’s top actor, Shaan.

A special task force of the police is trying to tackle terrorism in the tribal areas but there comes a time when they realize that Pakistan is about to be hit by a terrorist attack and none but the retired Major Ehtesham can lead such a complicated operation.

The two villans in the movie that emerge are the local politicians (there are look alikes of Zardari and Nawaz Sharif) and RAW agents, who come in different shapes and sizes.

The two RAW agents Ramal and Laxmi are the primary cause of most trouble in Pakistan. The movie shows them behind political murders, suicide bombings and even kidnapping. There is another RAW agent who works as a social worker by day and honey-traps willing politicians by nights.
waar_pakistanifilm.jpg

The poster of Bilal Lishari’s ‘Waar’
With such a predictable story line, some observers say that Pakistani producers are using the formula of Indian films of the 80’s which rely heavily on propaganda and patriotism. The fact that the movie has funding from the Pakistan Army through its public relations arm also helps explain its plot, they add.

At the same time, technically ‘Waar’ is better than most Pakistani movies and is also the country’s most expensive movie made to date.

good................

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was released in US, I could have helped the producer,, free link is my only option :P :P

Most of its part is in English so I think it will be released in US too. :enjoy:

I have watched this movie yesterday in cinema near home. Movie was fantastic and better than other old Pakistani gujjar movies. Pakistani movie industry is getting better these days. I hope one day Pakistan will export its movies across the globe. :cheesy:

heart breaking moment was when Ehtisham drive the truck with bomb and singing the national rhythm of Pakistan and then bomb blows the truck. :cray:

after all, india is the (big) brother country :D

:raise: India became independent after one day of Pakistan. So India is fatty little brother of India. :rofl:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom