What's new

‘Pakistani youth warming up to India’

neehar

Reaction score
Country
India
But they are jealous of the political stability here, says Stephen Cohen, senior fellow, University of Illinois
Anti-India sentiment exists no more among the Pakistani youth, but they may be jealous of the positive aspects that India is identified with, according to Stephen P. Cohen, senior fellow, Brookings Institution, University of Illinois.

“The Pakistani youth increasingly likes India in its own way. They are jealous of the political stability and of the Indian economy.” Indian film stars, Indian music and other systems were the favourites for many Pakistanis. Mr. Cohen was giving a talk on ‘Peace and Growth in South Asia,’ jointly organised by the U.S. Consulate General and the Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI) in the city on Monday.

India, for its part, should also do away with the provocative gestures, such as the daily border ceremony at Wagah, to facilitate a congenial atmosphere to promote peace, Mr. Cohen said.

However, he felt that the real danger was the Pakistani Taliban. The challenge for both the countries was to tap the full potential of the trade between both the nations.

Rating South Asia as the least economically integrated region in the world, he said hostility was hampering its development. It was important for the U.S. to ensure that the vacuum was filled before leaving Afghanistan as it would otherwise create bigger problems from Taliban.

Given the common interests among the countries in the region, he visualised a United States of South Asia in the coming 50 years, with cricket being among the uniting elements.

‘Pakistani youth warming up to India’ - The Hindu

50 years from now it would be good old AKHAND BHARAT sans Talibanian ideology with Malkhambh and Hockey being binding game.

I must say I've seen a drastic increase in liking for India ever since I joined this forum :D . I think that's primarily coz everyone understands...Guynextdoor is just so cool and everyone wants to be like him 8-)

50 years from now it would be good old AKHAND BHARAT sans Talibanian ideology with Malkhambh and Hockey being binding game.
buhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahah :omghaha: ahahhahahahahahahahahah:omghaha: ahahahahahahhahahahahaha ahahahhaha:omghaha: you are damn funny........ you are like
1505234_481500438626107_1932684532_n.jpg

but in year 2000 Michael Jackson was like
tumblr_llrdkt3awi1qcc8ul.jpg

Exactly opposite............. Akhand Bharat <....>Greater Pakistan+Khalistan+ free Tamil states+Free Naxil States......... if you know what i mean:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::enjoy::enjoy:

and someone told me no one is asking Pakistan not to exist...then who are these dreamers ^^

Stupidest thing I read from a so-called expert on South Asian security.:hitwall:
Oh relax its The Hindu paper talking :D

Our cartoons will ensure that Pakistan will be friendly to India :angel:

Whatever, The Aghand Bharat or Radio Pakistan from Red fort stuff , a friendly relationship between India & Pakistan will make world powers to rethink their foreign policy...almost every one for sure.

The Hindu is one of the finest newspapers of India if not the best. Their articles are almost always well researched and better journalistic credentials.

They are heads and shoulders above Newspapers like Times of India and Hindustan Times.
Yeah right.... :coffee:

Unless Pakistanis denounce their terrorist strategy they would suffer as they are doing.

The Terrorism snake is turned into Anaconda and trapped Pakistanis themselves.

anaconda-02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom