What's new

Pakistan's Afghan Burden

Fencing the durand line is a good idea, it would solve the taliban problem in Afghanistan. Afghanistan should agree to it and should also demand heads of haqqani nework and quetta shura leaders who are responsible for deaths of thousands of afghan civilians .

Fencing and mining the border would help. Only keep 2 or 3 entering points where Afghans can be vetted, So that any angry afghan thinking of blowing himself doesn't walk right in our house.

The afghan children born in Pakistan can be given Pakistani citizenship, i know there are many hard working and poor afghans too and i respect them for their hard work and labouring in Pakistan.

Well fencing the border is not an option, first of all none of our country got the economy to build and maintain the fence or wall. Not to mention the huge amounts of soldiers from both countries who would have to patrol it, otherwise the tribal border citizens of both countries would blow their way through the fence.

What is needed is corporation on mutual interests, such as economic development and stability, only in that way peace and friendship between our two government are possible.

Kicking Afghan refugees and fencing the border should be our top most priority. These Afghans were, are and will always be a trouble for us.

@Afghan-India

What do you say about this? When will Afghanistan stop blaming Pakistani ISI?
When Pakistan's intel agencies especially the ISI stops interfering in the internal affairs of Afghanistan by trying to prop up the Afghan Taliban which is against Afghanistan's national interests. The ordinary Afghan detests them to the core.

The Pakistan Army with the help of its adjunct, the ISI, needs to forget the mirage of establishing that so called 'strategic depth' in Afghanistan which they have have been trying to do since the past decade. They must dispense with their proxies like the Haqqanis and the Mullah Omars and extend the hand of friendship with the new government, though that's going to be easier said than done.

I have to join in and support the fencing of the border. It will cost, I believe, but in the long run it will be far more beneficial than keeping the border open!

If the Afghans weren't so hard to deal with and just accepted the border, most Pakistanis wouldn't have a problem allowing free passage of people from Afghanistan to Pakistan day in and day out.

Let us face the truth. No matter how harsh we are on the now defunct Soviet Union, the US or our own country, for intervening in the internal matters of Afghanistan, they all viewed themselves as friends of Afghanistan and stepped in to help at the call of Afghan citizens. But that is what Afghanistan does. It sucks its friends in its conflicts, destroys them and then very conveniently blames them for everything too.

That's the truth. This is what Afghanistan does to its friends. A lesson for those Pakistanis who consider Afghans as our brothers etc.

I don't want to write a long para...

Long story short it is the power of dollar and the hunger of our politicians/govt that is keeping the decision about afghani refugees pending. This should have been done after 9/11.

Indeed a very well written article.The sympathies towards other Muslim countries has cost alot to Pakistan,not even this but still we are marked as an enemy state.The government should never allow refugees to enter our side.I don't want to be harsh but we were feeding snakes. :coffee:

Don't play that card with me matey. That kind of bait might work on someone else

Then to whom he should play ? :ashamed:

Indeed a very well written article.The sympathies towards other Muslim countries has cost alot to Pakistan,not even this but still we are marked as an enemy state.The government should never allow refugees to enter our side.I don't want to be harsh but we were feeding snakes. :coffee:

Then to whom he should play ? :ashamed:
M-48 for think tank :tup:
@WebMaster

Excellent article. The Afghans for us are instinctively nothing but trouble. My sincerest apologies if that makes me sound like an arrogant, narrow minded and hateful person. But I have nothing against the Afghans and what they do. I just wish that they do what they do, but don't involve us.

If we Pakistanis are as bad as they say we are, then please let them also dump all our sympathies, let them live separately to us, accept this line of division and call it a day.

If I was in power in Pakistan, on foreign policy, this would be my number one issue. Deciding on a route for future relations (or lack thereof) with the Afghans.
your tone is indeed quite harsh for a moderator. :)
But it sounds quite familier, a smaller neighbour accusing bigger one to be a bully who meddles in internal affairs and the bigger one accusing smaller one to be a troublesome neighbour and a headache.

Fencing the durand line is a good idea, it would solve the taliban problem in Afghanistan. Afghanistan should agree to it and should also demand heads of haqqani nework and quetta shura leaders who are responsible for deaths of thousands of afghan civilians .

Yes, everybody wins. But no-one wins as much as we do.
We couldn't do this in the past because it wasn't humane and it wasn't the right thing to do morally. But now both those ships have sailed, we have to cover out own back sides now.

The afghan children born in Pakistan can be given Pakistani citizenship, i know there are many hard working and poor afghans too and i respect them for their hard work and labouring in Pakistan.

Agree, it's only fair to them.

Kicking Afghan refugees and fencing the border should be our top most priority. These Afghans were, are and will always be a trouble for us.

Aye, it's sad though isn't it? These guys could have been our closest friends, or most trusted allies, and literally, our brothers.
But no, we've ended up here, people calling to fence and mine the border, keep them out.

Sadly, that is the right idea.

your tone is indeed quite harsh for a moderator. :)
But it sounds quite familier, a smaller neighbour accusing bigger one to be a bully who meddles in internal affairs and the bigger one accusing smaller one to be a troublesome neighbour and a headache.

I admit, it was very harsh, but nothing short of where my opinions lie. And all while writing it I couldn't help but think of India vs Pakistan too.

But believe me, you don't know what you're dealing with unless you put yourself in our shoes.

Aye, it's sad though isn't it? These guys could have been our closest friends, or most trusted allies, and literally, our brothers.
But no, we've ended up here, people calling to fence and mine the border, keep them out.

Sadly, that is the right idea.

Countries never flourish on sentiments . :pop:

fencie - mine the darn border .. keep good afghans (businessmen , professionals & those who are born in Pakistan) rest just send them back

Now, often when you folks blame the ISI, sure enough it may work with India. But with Afghanistan unfortunately for you the background knowledge isn't enough to spin this kind of blame.
When Pakistan's intel agencies especially the ISI stops interfering in the internal affairs of Afghanistan by trying to prop up the Afghan Taliban which is against Afghanistan's national interests. The ordinary Afghan detests them to the core.

Do you know who was in Kabul before the taliban? Do you know why, how and where the taliban were formed? and under what circumstances?

Did you study the nature of their rise to power? Do you know the public response to the taliban at that time? Do you know where and when the ISI became involved and how?

Do you know anything of the state of Afghanistan during the civil war?
Do you know what it is that caused extremists fighting factions like the taliban to rise in Afghanistan in the first place?

Do you know of the ethnic divide, do you know who supported who after the civil war, do you know the tales of tyranny from all rulers?

Once you can answer almost ALL of those questions, you have no right assumptions to pass that sort of an opinion.

The Pakistan Army with the help of its adjunct, the ISI, needs to forget the mirage of establishing that so called 'strategic depth' in Afghanistan which they have have been trying to do since the past decade. They must dispense with their proxies like the Haqqanis and the Mullah Omars and extend the hand of friendship with the new government, though that's going to be easier said than done.

You should also realise why this 'strategic depth' crap even came about. Again ask yourself why.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom