What's new

Featured Qatar Diplomat: Both Countries working on JVs defence production, JF-17 aircraft project, defence training!

Probably, but they did buy both the Rafale and the Eurofighter.
Waiting for them to announce the F-16V or F-16-70s and JAS-39 Combo for the single engine platform.

Set-up a regional DACT every few months, have global rotation for different airforces to participate 'for fee' off course.

Qatar has no real military threats. Defense purchases are for geopolitical reasons as much as security. I would not rule of JF-17 if Qatar wants to diversify its geopolitical spectrum.

Qatar has no real military threats. Defense purchases are for geopolitical reasons as much as security. I would not rule of JF-17 if Qatar wants to diversify its geopolitical spectrum.
I think there os a bit more to this than meets the eye. The haramkhors( just point to the lazy arsed souls of this planet rather than being specific) of this world do not spend time going around the assembly line not once but 5 times. What is the purpose? What are they talking about regarding joint ventures if they have no intersts. It might come to nothing but it is just not time wasting on the part of the Qataris.
My 2 paisas worth

Qatar will buy the jf17 two-seater in the name of the trainer. So retired Pakistani pilots can go to Qatar in the name of a coach.What Qatar wants is JF17 Block d. He wants all the equipment of the fifth generation.

Last edited:
Since GCC has set aside their differences for now, Qatar's need for Pakistan in it's court has diminished as well, at least as far as buying weapons to curry favor goes.
Also their interests in the past might not have been in purchasing the aircraft at all but setting up some sort of JV or getting Pakistan's help in setting up manufacturing similar to what RSA and UAE have been doing. So more of long term engagement

Since GCC has set aside their differences for now, Qatar's need for Pakistan in it's court has diminished as well, at least as far as buying weapons to curry favor goes.
Also their interests in the past might not have been in purchasing the aircraft at all but setting up some sort of JV or getting Pakistan's help in setting up manufacturing similar to what RSA and UAE have been doing. So more of long term engagement

That is an interesting angle

What UAE has done with russian and other manufacturers is amazing,
Checkmate has a lot of potential,
and for a country like Qatar which has the money and Pakistan which has the will and skills
it can be a great game albeit on JF17's expense.

Regards.

Back
Top Bottom