What's new

Featured Qatar Diplomat: Both Countries working on JVs defence production, JF-17 aircraft project, defence training!

[/QUOTE]
Qatar can buy Eurofighters, typhoons and F16s and anything they wish.

you think they will buy JF17s? for what charity?

dukaan pakoroun ki aur bateein Karoroun ki

If they buy they would buy it as a payment for friendship and loyalty
Konsi dukan pakoro ki meri jaan? Samosa lanay ja rai ho kia?
Jf-17 is a fully equipped jet with block3 bringing in latest avionics, an aesa, ecm etc. It has had export success tw konsi dukan pakoro ki? Stop criticizing something you dont know shit about. Im tierd of people talking dumb things about the jet. Its a really good, small nimble jet with a really good avionics and missile package in a relatively low cost than an f-16. It fucking droped bombs on indian targates give this jet the respect it deserves. Cheers!!

Because thats what the recent history says
Turkey signed the S-400 deal with Russia two years after it scrapped plans to buy a Chinese missile defense system, under pressure from the U.S.
I thought you guys would get the hint.
Turkey is a NATO country. Its already in the eye of storm of getting sanctioned for purchasing S400 from Russia. Getting in partnership with China is too much too chew for Turkey besides the fact unlike Russia, China is not in hurry to sell stuff .

10-Q

Qatar can buy Eurofighters, typhoons and F16s and anything they wish.

you think they will buy JF17s? for what charity?

dukaan pakoroun ki aur bateein Karoroun ki

If they buy they would buy it as a payment for friendship and loyalty
When they bought F15s along with Rafales and EFs - the same arguments were made about each purchases but they still went ahead with all of them contrary to opinions on this forum. Purely from their requirements perspective , having Rafael, EFs and F15s has too much redundancy, but Qatar had its own reasons which they know better than any of us - and no its not the typical stereotypical image of an Arab Sheikh buying 10 bmws etc.
So even if a Jf17 purchase is made, it wont be because they couldnt buy more EFs or Rafales which they already have, it will be for other strategic and defense cooperation reasons that only jf17/Pakistan/China could offer and others couldn’t.

Last edited:
As for the recent comment by the Airforce spokesperson, block 3 will come out by end of this year, if Qatar is really looking into block 3, and B version ( which I assume they are, cause you are a reliable source ) could be because of various reasons.
1) Induct a work-horse Fighter with Decent capabilities and cheap operating and maintaining cost.
2) Lift Program
3) Incorporate with Pakistan on JF, so they can inject some finance into Pakistan for their upcoming ambitious AZM Project.
Why are Qataris interested or how they reached at this stage is beyond my pay grade. All I can say is Qataris are looking at the program very closely.
From what I can gather (disclaimer-being my personal comment on this) Qataris are probably looking more at the Strategic aspect of the deal(Long term Deep Rooted Defence Relationship). They understand the calculus where Saudis had lacked in terms of defence relationships. From Al Khalid’s to Thunders to FAC(M)s.All they did was show interest and then back off. Qataris are playing a different ball game with Turks & Pakistanis in particular. What will eventually come out of this is any body’s guess. However They are looking at things beyond acquisition of a Low Cost High End Tactical Fighter.

no idea how this work, USA will not allow it

it has to be a separate package

but again Qatar knows it needs a backing of strong state to survive either turkey or Pakistan..

you cant trust USA, if they leave, any Arab country will go and swallow qatar

we know what happened to kuwait

Qatar bought influence / favors, when it bought F - 15, Euro fighter, and Rafeal from US, UK and France. It already has a US base.

Qatar bought military vehicles and other equipment from Turkey, which was one of the pre requisites for stationing Turkish troops in Qatar for it's security / against probable invasion by it's neighbours.
Turkey doesn't have good spare pilots that it can lend to Qatar.

Pakistan will send it's pilots to operate JF 17 B3, and B, with western Tech, funded by Qatar, a kind of a pre requisite for establishing a permanent Pakistani military presence in Qatar 🇶🇦.

Why are Qataris interested or how they reached at this stage is beyond my pay grade. All I can say is Qataris are looking at the program very closely.
From what I can gather (disclaimer-being my personal comment on this) Qataris are probably looking more at the Strategic aspect of the deal(Long term Deep Rooted Defence Relationship). They understand the calculus where Saudis had lacked in terms of defence relationships. From Al Khalid’s to Thunders to FAC(M)s.All they did was show interest and then back off. Qataris are playing a different ball game with Turks & Pakistanis in particular. What will eventually come out of this is any body’s guess. However They are looking at things beyond acquisition of a Low Cost High End Tactical Fighter.

Maybe they are securing a Possible Hi-Lo combination, and JF can be their workforce plane, easier and cheaper to maintain/operate while keeping an eye for TFX/AZM.

They may be financing JFT blk 3 B for there LIFT requirements or even investing block 4

Investment model can be similar like UAE Investment in f16 block 60 development

Any country want particular jFT veriant will give some loyalty to qatar back

Investing in F16 and JF17 makes a lot of sense for Qatar keeping in view the training program which Turkey and Pakistan can offer to Qatar without any strings attached. Gulf countries are also looking to diversify their investments other than oil so maybe they want to fund such programs with Turkey and Pakistan.

Maybe they are securing a Possible Hi-Lo combination, and JF can be their workforce plane, easier and cheaper to maintain/operate while keeping an eye for TFX/AZM.
Even as far as High Lo combo for QEAF is concerned they have the worlds best Low Cost High End single engined fighters available on table as we speak. Fighters which will be much better integrated with their other fighter programs in fight as well as in flight. JF-17 B3...There’s something more which meets the eye.
When you show case your NGFA on the table besides your visiting dignitary, there is definitely something happening behind the iron curtain.

Attachments

• 51C3FC81-F805-4DFF-B50E-FF9B45560A04.jpeg
    51C3FC81-F805-4DFF-B50E-FF9B45560A04.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 98
Even as far as High Lo combo for QEAF is concerned they have the worlds best Low Cost High End single engined fighters available on table as we speak. Fighters which will be much better integrated with their other fighter programs in fight as well as in flight. JF-17 B3...There’s something more which meets the eye.
When you show case your NGFA on the table besides your visiting dignitary, there is definitely something happening behind the iron curtain.
I think Qatar is trying to get Pakistan to firmly stand against KSA if KSA engineers another sanctions episode against Qatar. Qatar would have to do serious work to make Pakistan more economically independent from Saudi Arabia. However, if it can achieve that through various means, then having the only nuclear-powered Muslim country (with a large military, a naval presence in the Arabian Sea, etc) stand with you is big.

I think Qatar is trying to get Pakistan to firmly stand against KSA if KSA engineers another sanctions episode against Qatar. Qatar would have to do serious work to make Pakistan more economically independent from Saudi Arabia. However, if it can achieve that through various means, then having the only nuclear-powered Muslim country (with a large military, a naval presence in the Arabian Sea, etc) stand with you is big.
I hope the Qataris understand the kind of situation we are in and pressures we are under. Remember the IK Kuala Lumpur Summit fiasco?

I hope the Qataris understand the kind of situation we are in and pressures we are under. Remember the IK Kuala Lumpur Summit fiasco?
Yep. I'd put a lot of emphasis on the word "serious."

I don't know what (if anything) our government is asking for in these 'arrangements,' but anyone who gives us free hydrocarbon resources, a market for our exports, a conduit for our labour, and (to be blunt) money, they'd get our help.

For a long time, Saudi Arabia was giving us all of that, but that's been dwindling in more recent years. There's a cumulative $ amount, but it depends if (1) we're communicating that amount and (2) if Qatar's willing to pay it.

Frankly, I'd put it at around $150 billion US over the next 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom