What's new

Question about Indian Administered Kashmir

Salam...

I have read past discussions amongst Pakistanis and Indians regarding their views on Indian-administered Kashmir. The majority of discussions (largely composed of puns) rotate around which nation Kashmir as a whole should be a part of and about the human plight within Indian administered Kashmir. I have visited Pakistani Kashmir but the stay was too short to speak to locals (was also disadvantaged being a foreigner). I have always had one question though which seems to be neglected in all such discussions.

What are the honest opinions of members here regarding what Indian Kashmiris themselves (and themselves alone) think of their position-- Is there a strong Pakistan sentiment amongst Indian Kashmiris or do they rather wish for independence from both or is the majority satisfied with New Delhi as their capital?

I already know what views the respective governments hold, I want reference to the peoples own will only. I would really wish that Indian and especially Kashmiri members contribute. I know this is a rather sensitive question but I hope the answers remain healthy and informative.

There may be a lot of support for Pakistan or may be there isn't any. Who knows if we do a plebiscite we'll find out. However we all know they all hate India, BS surveys aren't worth anything. Only thing is, you want the truth, conduct a plebiscite.

However Pakistan is okay with Kashmiris choosing Independence as well. India is not okay with anything and is the ultimate villain in this Kashmiri story. Plain and simple, no two ways about it.

They are raping women there, they are killing the youth, they are burning down villages, there are mass graves found in Kashmir.

Kashmiri throw stones at the cops to send a message that we hate you we hate Hindu India and i am afraid of that day when all Kashmiri's will have AK's in their hands. :D

Well my friend, I am one of those at whom the stone were hurled (broke my SLR, if it makes you cheer), and I wished they had fired a bullet! You know why? Because in India we have a thing called human rights!

Quite foreign to you, but human rights is rampant in India.

The insurgents have actually given up firing weapons, because India's military is under strict command not to use weapons at those who do not fire bullets. Hence stones are the best option available to the paid distracted youth. But the day any of them picks a Kalashnikov, I tell ya baby, that will be the last day of his life!

Now you know why do they not pick what you call an AK.

I would suggest you go talk to those who come from Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, and talk to them as some non-Pakistani, and then you will know what they think of India. I have done that, posing as a non-Indian. If you are still wondering - The more than dozen people (coming from Muzaffarabad) I talked to, told me they couldn't undertand what the Kashmiris were agitating about!

So save you AK's as you may need them to save yourself from the people coming from the west, and not from the east.

In last 60 years Kashmir is still in India and never go away ....
Pakistan got 4 defeats in trying to capture kashmir from India and now start send terrorist to kill innocent in J&K ...

All kashmiri are angry our this act of Pakistan now terrorist want to make violence in Kahsmir

You forget we captured half Kashmir by force :Dand if we want we can capture whole Kashmir and a lot of Indian territory thats the reason more than 7lakh Indian army is stationed in IOK. Now PAK/CHINA are gonna build highways and Railways will link it to central Asia and Russia.

How much Pakistan want to cry they can .........but Kashmir belongs to India and that ultimate truth ..... :cheers:

Kashmir belongs to the Kashmiris and they won't give up, neither will we..........

There may be a lot of support for Pakistan or may be there isn't any. Who knows if we do a plebiscite we'll find out. However we all know they all hate India, BS surveys aren't worth anything. Only thing is, you want the truth, conduct a plebiscite.

However Pakistan is okay with Kashmiris choosing Independence as well. India is not okay with anything and is the ultimate villain in this Kashmiri story. Plain and simple, no two ways about it.

They are raping women there, they are killing the youth, they are burning down villages, there are mass graves found in Kashmir.

Plebiscite is no longer an option. You cannot drive the minority in hordes and then conduct a plebiscite. That way, one can drive all anatagonists from Indian Kashmir into Pakistan Kashmir and then we can agree to conduct a plebiscite.

See how it gets nowhere? :lol:

Well my friend, I am one of those at whom the stone were hurled (broke my SLR, if it makes you cheer), and I wished they had fired a bullet! You know why? Because in India we have a thing called human rights!

Quite foreign to you, but human rights is rampant in India.

The insurgents have actually given up firing weapons, because India's military is under strict command not to use weapons at those who do not fire bullets. Hence stones are the best option available to the paid distracted youth. But the day any of them picks a Kalashnikov, I tell ya baby, that will be the last day of his life!

Now you know why do they not pick what you call an AK.

I would suggest you go talk to those who come from Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, and talk to them as some non-Pakistani, and then you will know what they think of India. I have done that, posing as a non-Indian. If you are still wondering - The more than dozen people (coming from Muzaffarabad) I talked to, told me they couldn't undertand what the Kashmiris were agitating about!

So save you AK's as you may need them to save yourself from the people coming from the west, and not from the east.

Budd you got yourself injured and still you can't figure out how much they hate India they just want freedom you can't stop them by force in the end its India gonna suffer you know more than 220 Indian states are effected by insurgency.

The current beating India is getting from local Kashmiris is proof enough of the shaky grounds your "Kashmir belongs to India" declaration stands on.

Oh man, did you seriously write what I read here?

Do you ever read the news? It is not India that is getting the beating buddy... but hey, wait!.... You are a Pakistani! It doesn't matter who gets a beating, or how many Kashmirirs die or anything of that sort, right? It's all good as long as your purpose of engaging India is solved...

Look Asim, nothing of the things you talk about is going to work.

It is about right and wrong, and fortunately, this time... might sides with right!

First of all, I should make clear I'm not an expert by any means.

Indian Kashmir is made up of three parts--Hindu majority Jammu, Buddhist majority Ladakh, and the Muslim majority Valley. I have visited two of these areas--Jammu and Ladakh. I can tell you right away that people from Jammu want to stay in India. Ladakhis also want to stay in India, but they want to split away from Kashmir and form their own union territory or state. Although I haven't been to the Valley myself, I know a friend who has. He said that the opinions vary greatly. His driver loved India while others he met were a bit the opposite. He said that he could sense a common sort of spirit, or sense of community among people in the Valley. But other than that, I can't tell you precisely how they feel politics-wise.

Well, Well from where you got these population figures, the whole world knows in Kashmir the muslims' total population is about more than 90%.

Man Indian security forces are daily getting pelted with stones, sticks and slapped around by Kashmiris and they can't do anything about it.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Plebiscite is no longer an option. You cannot drive the minority in hordes and then conduct a plebiscite. That way, one can drive all anatagonists from Indian Kashmir into Pakistan Kashmir and then we can agree to conduct a plebiscite.

See how it gets nowhere? :lol:
It only goes no where because of India's monstrosity.

Budd you got yourself injured and still you can't figure out how much they hate India they just want freedom you can't stop them by force in the end its India gonna suffer you know more than 220 Indian states are effected by insurgency.

Oh baby, it took me a blink of an eye to buy another D90, so no worries about the camera. But... won't you like to see the results? I would be more than glad to post them here. :azn:

Getting to the crux... I have not seen any hatred on any grounds at all, all I have seen is respect and acceptance as an Indian and a Hindu. I do hear about some bad elements around, esp in Bandipore and Baramulla area, but I go there too as a Hindu and get treated as just another countryman. Heck, my sister in law is a teacher there, and she gets more respect than most teachers get in Delhi!

Join my facebook page, and meet my friends from Kashmir (They are all Muslims). (If you want to meet my friends who are Hindu Pundits from Kashmir, come to Delhi with your doctor, you might get a heart attack!).

If all this is not enough to tell you about the gloomy condition of Kashmir, I doubt anyone else can inform you better.

Sorry dude, I tried my best, but can only tell you the way it is :undecided:

P.S. Do not go on the way I call you, it is all about the way I feel for you. Besides - I am str8 lol. You are just a friend, and yeah, compared to my age, you are a baby lol

Man Indian security forces are daily getting pelted with stones, sticks and slapped around by Kashmiris and they can't do anything about it.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

We can all see Pakistan's monstrosity that is plunging it into civil war. On the contrary, we don't see any effects of India's monstrosity at all.

Really brother? Please please please share the interviews, prints and videos with us. We will be grateful to you. At least I will be!

P.S. Your lies will only take you backwards! I not only visited that place in the past, I can do so anytime I wish. Can you? That is India, not Pakistan!

Really brother? Please please please share the interviews, prints and videos with us. We will be grateful to you. At least I will be!

P.S. Your lies will only take you backwards! I not only visited that place in the past, I can do so anytime I wish. Can you? That is India, not Pakistan!
Can somebody please share the pictures of Indian security forces getting slapped around on the streets of Kashmir on an ongoing basis, with the gentlemen that has been sleeping for the past 2-3 weeks, apparently. He asked for it. :D

Wrong...completely wrong.

Anyway you don't see American Southerners throw stones at the cops.

You are the master of strawman arguments...are you not.

Buddy do not do comments regarding Indian integrity. Your country was born out of migration and occupation of foreign lands.
Do you want me to remind you of american history and red indian genocide done by your forefathers. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom