What's new

Remove "country of origin" flags from profiles.

ThunderCat

Reaction score
We've got lots of people impersonating under questionable nationalities cheer-leading for other nationalities using false IDs.

As such I think country location should be sufficient enough.

It is a cloak and dagger business. This is a useful tool. The Admins know everything.

How would you know then if a person is a Pakistani or Indian or Irani or American or Saudi etc.

That's not the point. If they are not what they're pretending to be, removing one other flag reduces the burdon or finding out. We've got enough trolls hiding behind different flags and claiming to be something else.

Location flag is good enough- based on IP. Why do trolls get to choose false flags? There is no need for it.

We've got lots of people impersonating under questionable nationalities cheer-leading for other nationalities using false IDs.

As such I think country location should be sufficient enough.
Admin know user IP details. If someone wants to fly a particular flag of their origin, why not. The only thing I am against is false flag, those can be easily identified and dealt with.

Admin know user IP details. If someone wants to fly a particular flag of their origin, why not. The only thing I am against is false flag, those can be easily identified and dealt with.

That's the whole point of this thread. Country of location should be automatically displayed. Country of origin does not need to be here. Too many trolls hiding behind false flags.

Removing the country of origin flag just reduces this problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom