What's new

Rice exports to Iran fall 82%, India captures market

We have millions of tons rotting inside inadequate storing facilities here every year.... exporting it is far more beneficial than leaving it to insects and bacteria ;)

than why the hell on earth are people starving in india? why dont lower damn prices so people can buy instead of letting them rot. the whole opoint of not exporting by me was that by not exporting it the prices at home would go down so people with low incomes can eat 3 times a day as well.

:D Bro thoray say Chawal Pakistan bi Beaj do i want to taste indian Basmati :P

tastes the same. the pakistani one mite even be alittle better.

Open business with India...we will buy your all Basmati rice and later sell the same rice to Iran :omghaha:

if only everybody was as smart as you.

selling food items is not a rocket science these days

than why the hell on earth are people starving in india? why dont lower damn prices so people can buy instead of letting them rot. the whole opoint of not exporting by me was that by not exporting it the prices at home would go down so people with low incomes can eat 3 times a day as well.

Those states lack in proper infrastructure, planning and suffer from criminal incompetence among bureaucrats.

Thanks to the corrupt PPP & PML-N Pakistan continues to suffer heavily & even after all this these corrupt & incompetent politicians continue to say "We moved Pakistan forward & we strengthened the Democracy....". Shameless & spineless politicians.

Policies should be made by business doers that can understand the processes involved in increasing exports and generating more revenue! They will care for their business!

if only everybody was as smart as you.

actually it is a matter of fact that nobody is dying of hunger in india, If you apply a little reason, you will understand the game. Indian government is supplying 35 kg wheat (in south india, rice ) to every family which is below poverty line @ rs 2/kg. and provide 100 days of employment to every person who is willing to work. no family can consume its whole quota of 35 kg in a month. and they have money in hand by (100 days of employment) to purchase other essential items. free schools books, stationary and scholarship for every poor kid up to 12th level. so nobody can die out of hunger. but public in indian subcontinent is pretty dishonest by nature. they never tell their true income in surveys so that they can be remain entitled for government subsidies. that is why you see such a poor situation in statistics.

Too bad ...what happen to Pakistan Iran friendship.....

stupid question..
actually trolling :blink:
I can ask same when u bought weapons from US......wt happen to Russia India friendship ......
well this is business bro....:yu:

actually it is a matter of fact that nobody is dying of hunger in india, If you apply a little reason, you will understand the game. Indian government is supplying 35 kg wheat (in south india, rice ) to every family which is below poverty line @ rs 2/kg. and provide 100 days of employment to every person who is willing to work. no family can consume its whole quota of 35 kg in a month. and they have money in hand by (100 days of employment) to purchase other essential items. free schools books, stationary and scholarship for every poor kid up to 12th level. so nobody can die out of hunger. but public in indian subcontinent is pretty dishonest by nature. they never tell their true income in surveys so that they can be remain entitled for government subsidies. that is why you see such a poor situation in statistics.

thats just not true, people are starving in india. well if the indian government doing that then thats good but its not good enough i guess. i mean dont take my word for it take your fellow indians word.

India is still world’s hunger capital

The trick india did is that the currency swap is via uco bank. this bank dont have business with foreign banks. so even this bank is sanctioned, the bank will remain operative.

It was an intelligent move (or chanakiya neeti ) by indian policy makers for smooth trading between india & iran.

very good move

Indian rice exporters must be rubbing their hands with glee & hoping that the western sanctions on Iran continues to remain.:lol:

Actually India and Pakistan are competing over rice exports to Iran. The majority of Pakistan's export to Iran consists of wheat and rice. A barter deal was signed already which means we are still doing pretty well despite sanctions. India has a storehouse of rice left itself that it is willing to sell at a lower price to Iran otherwise it will go wasted.

thats just not true, people are starving in india. well if the indian government doing that then thats good but its not good enough i guess. i mean dont take my word for it take your fellow indians word.

Worrisome would be only if we are not improving ...... But this is going to change ..... we are trying ...trying hard to change...food security bill will help it.

Worrisome would be only if we are not improving ...... But this is going to change ..... we are trying ...trying hard to change...food security bill will help it.

Nothing is going to change. Your food security bill is nonsense. The reason is simple: your country can only provide maximum 15kg grains to each Indians per month, or 500 gram per day. And surely the rich like you and all above Indians are eating much more, additionally your country exports a lot for Forex and rich Indians are proud of it. That's why more than 5000 kids are dying every day.

pakistanis should not be allowed to export food till pakistanis themselves are well fed.

we have rice loving pakistanis who are hungry so why export it. same goes for india. when the people of these countries cant even sleep on a full stomache the government should be allowing the export of food.

Exactly. Some people like to talk human rights. I guess food is really the first human right we should have.

Everybody who can't afford rice, doesn't need basmati rice, to say the least. In addition, Exports bring in forex, that can be used to create avenues to create jobs and employment (as money is then invested to create more money, thus starting a virtuous cycle). Stopping such virtuous cycles is not the answer: getting efficient by improving productivity and reinvesting forex smartly is!

Nonsense. Even India exports all the rice you have, that's only 20 billion dollars per year, only one month India's trade deficit. I think people would like to work harder if they are not hungry.

Again these are paper statistics, not ground realities. People are poor, but certainly not dying of hunger. and top to bottom, every one try to hide one's true income with out any shame, guilt or fear, and government has not big enough system to track everybody's income. actually in my opinion the average income of india is just double of what it looks in the statistics.

Back
Top Bottom