What's new

Sci fi fans, get in here.

Guys, for a shot of real contemporary sci-fi try the recent tv series Black Mirror. Absolutely nails the state of the planet and where it's headed. Every episode is a one off, so it's easy to watch. The Christmas special, Black Mirror: White Christmas is a good place to start.

Some of my faves (though all flawed in various ways ) are:

Akira (greatest manga ever)
Star trek: the final frontier
Contact
Signs
Prometheus

Each had aspects which were simply mind blowing, but messed it up by not being able to follow through properly.

@Syed.Ali.Haider : Red Dwarf is the Don! Those episodes have more plausible sci fi in them then most entire movies.

@kaku1 u have good taste buddy.:enjoy:

Last edited:
It's not based off a video game.

what i meant was that it appeals to certain demographics... ( silly, sorry ) video gamers ( mostly male ), ages of 12 to 30... they are not the most serious type of people.

i recommend to you the "dune" books, and the serial and film based on it, as others have said in the first page.

also please do read "mars crossing", written by geoffrey landis, an actual nasa scientist... i would quite like a film or serial based on it...

n22869.jpg

Prometheus

ah, i had forgotten prometheus... i haven't seen it fully, but liked what i saw.

what i meant was that it appeals to certain demographics... ( silly, sorry ) video gamers ( mostly male ), ages of 12 to 30... they are not the most serious type of people.

i recommend to you the "dune" books, and the serial and film based on it, as others have said in the first page.

also please do read "mars crossing", written by geoffrey landis, an actual nasa scientist... i would quite like a film or serial based on it...

n22869.jpg
What does Gadaffi says about Aliens?

@hinduguy : Hu'tegh! You and your sissy choices......... I'm sure you are a girl! :mad:

@Jungibaaz: I'm ashamed that a fellow Star Trek fan would thank such a pussy choice! :cheesy:

T2 and the matrix are my favs.

Not bad at all^

If you really want some sci fi gold, you gotta go old. The oldies, if you don't mind the fact that they're from the 60's or 70's, in my opinion are the best.

Who hasn't? :o:

Has anyone seen Battlestar Galactica?

What did I just read....... SOMEEEEEEEE............ :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Some Star Trek !

n22869.jpg

ah, i had forgotten prometheus... i haven't seen it fully, but liked what i saw.

That film asked so many fascinating questions but didn't find a way to answer them. I still like it for the attempt... You rarely get big budget movies exploring deep space.

The sequel,if it ever happens, is one of my most anticipated.

Trust me watch black mirror it will appeal to known cynics and anti capitalists such as yourself!

1. Star Trek
2. Star Trek
3. Star Trek
4. Star Trek
5. Farscape
6. Battle Star Galactica
7. Firefly
8. Many many others.......

@Oscar, dude, you gotta watch all of DS9...... if you haven't .... else ST wouldn't make much sense.......... :o:

@Jungibaaz: I'm ashamed that a fellow Star Trek fan would thank such a pussy choice! :cheesy:

:lol:

I love all sci fi, dearly. At this point I'll take any suggestions, I'd been through all the sci fi films I knew of, this thread actually helped me draw up a nice list.

@hinduguy : Hu'tegh! You and your sissy choices......... I'm sure you are a girl! :mad:

Who hasn't? :o:

What did I just read....... SOMEEEEEEEE............ :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
did not watch even a single star war movie yet.. guess one of those overrated movie because a specific generation who saw it found it brilliant and subsequent generation agree.
bit like 19 yr kid saying 60s were the best years.:p:

anyway.. another one of my fab is MIB.

Have you seen Farscape?

Farscape (TV Series 1999–2003) - IMDb

Go through at least 7 episodes and you'll be hooked. Trust me, I've a pretty awesome choice at such things........ :D

:lol:

I love all sci fi, dearly. At this point I'll take any suggestions, I'd been through all the sci fi films I knew of, this thread actually helped me draw up a nice list.

What does Gadaffi says about Aliens?

i suppose same like any sensible and questioning person would say... "i don't know, so we must find out by traveling the worlds and spaces".

That film asked so many fascinating questions but didn't find a way to answer them. I still like it for the attempt... You rarely get big budget movies exploring deep space.

The sequel,if it ever happens, is one of my most anticipated.

one scene i remember is when they get scared in the cave... it was so natural, like that shown by the "hero" in the beginning in "28 weeks later".

Trust me watch black mirror it will appeal to known cynics and anti capitalists such as yourself!

i just now read wiki for "black mirror"... do you know full-part youtube links??

Last edited:
did not watch even a single star war movie yet..
anyway.. another one of my fab is MIB.

You have not what?!?!

In the words of yoda(roughly):

"Into to the episode VII discussions you go, only pain you will find... hmmmm..."
- Yoda

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom