What's new

Taliban announce women must cover faces in public, say burqa is best

Exactly, and that's why I don't think too much into these news and such matters. And the end of they day each country will whatever It think is necessary to promote, practice and protect its ideology. One can argue on their ideologies but no one can take their right to do things on the land covered among its borders. French is right to ban face cover and IEA is right to ban face uncovering.

Yet both are wrong. But who am I to judge.

Umm, I disagree to some of that. :)

The burqa is not compulsary according to the announcement. Basically as long as you are covered in loose and non see through clothing from head to toe, it's fine.It's recommended to cover your face when dealing with men in close proximity.

Another misconception is that veil or covering came after Islam. This isn't true. The concept of "Purdah" "Satar" etc pre dates Islam in the Iranic world.

Another myth is that Burqa is part of the Pashtun culture. Burqa actually orginates from non Pashtuns of Afghanistan from Urban areas. Pashtuns actually used to wear "sadar" or "Tikrai". " Chadar" in Farsi. A loose big scarf to cover yourself.

Come on dupatta?
Will today never heard of it had to search it in Google in order to understand what you mean

I had no idea what it was called in Iran.

Another myth is that Burqa is part of the Pashtun culture. Burqa actually orginates from non Pashtuns of Afghanistan from Urban areas. Pashtuns actually used to wear "sadar" or "Tikrai". " Chadar" in Farsi. A loose big scarf to cover yourself.

No Burqa is part of Pashtun culture, millions of women wear it in Pashtunkhwa.

Last edited:
Its their right to take away other people's rights? What kind of retard backward logic is this. I hope to god you are not daring to write this down whilst living in a Western country yourself.

So its ok when westerners ban headscarf? Is that not taking away a right? But hey since west did it, it must be right, right? And ThankGod i dont live in a western shithole. By the way why u ask? Because u think living in west, u cant criticise them or accept other POV? That in itself means western society is facist and narrow minded.

We need to build a thick WALL between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

I feel sorry for the Afghan women but Pakistan has enough problems without these nutjobs next door.
Wont work. Thats like saying build a thick wall beetween Pak and Indian Punjabis although there difrent

Pashtuns tribes on both sides are very connected and are really dont let any state get into their affairs

I feel sorry for the Afghan women but Pakistan has enough problems without these nutjobs next You

I feel sorry for the Afghan women but Pakistan has enough problems without these nutjobs next door.
You wont able to build a Wall. Same people live on both sides. Purdah is Pashtun culture. Go to anywhere in cities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

I hope you feel the same about our women prostituting in front of other men with the common revealing wear in Pakistan, not to say anything they wear in countries outside Pakistan.
What the Taliban are doing is extreme, women are required to wear Hijab and as per some interpretations, to wear Niqab when around men who are not their husband, father or brothers.
So definitely the covering of the whole face is something on the extreme end and definitely not what is required in Islam and has more to do with the Pashtoon culture which is mostly based on ignorance.
But what our "Muslim" women end up wearing in general where the curves on their bodies are all visible and where they are wearing make up and going out in front of men who do not qualify the above-mentioned, are just as ridiculous and extreme and have nothing to do with Islam.

She is wearing Niqab which is required of her being a Muslim when she steps out in front of strange men.
It's not the same as a full face cover which Afghans force their women to wear.

You must be ashamed of your lack of knowledge on the faith you "claim" to follow.
Pashtun culture is not "based on ignorance". Do not insult our culture

In our culture and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa pashtun women wear full purdah. This is the true covering and the hijab. Full veil is also historically associated with higher status

Back
Top Bottom