Thai tourism authority launches exclusive social media for Bangladesh

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
FE Team | Published: August 15, 2020 10:21:28

1597465288.jpg

Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched dedicated and exclusive social media pages on Facebook and Instagram to connect closely with the international travellers of Bangladesh as well as to network with the outbound travel and tourism industry of the country.

The pages will communicate with the Bangladeshi travellers primarily in Bengali (Bangla) as well as in English, UNB reported citing a press release.

With the establishment of this dedicated social media space for the Bangladeshi audience keeping an eye for their need, taste, inquiries and requirements, the TAT is focusing on their future travel to Thailand by getting closer and understanding them.

This move comes at the time when TAT through its various offices is trying to stay well-connected with the travel trade partners and the tourists in Bangladesh and providing them regularly with all necessary updates.

Vachirachai Sirisumpan, director of Tourism Authority of Thailand (New Delhi) in charge of Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan and North and East India said Bangladesh is regarded as one of the high potential markets to Thailand from South Asia region.

“TAT has seen a good growth of tourist arrivals to Thailand, and would therefore like to establish a communication channel exclusively for Bangladesh. TAT New Delhi Office which is responsible for Bangladesh will be working more in the market with our travel trade and our Royal Thai Embassy in Bangladesh. I do hope to see a sustained growth of the market in the future,” he added.

Bangladesh is one of the important source markets for TAT as other than families visiting Thailand for holidaying, a good number of medical tourists also visit top-quality health facilities in Thailand.

There is a significant count of business travellers also who regularly go to Thailand for various business purposes.

In addition, Thailand offers excellent Halal food options everywhere which is a necessity for most of the Bangladeshi travellers and comfortable hospitality facilities that they may want, added the press release.

The Bangladesh market is coordinated and managed by TAT New Delhi office. Until these dedicated pages were launched on August 1 greeting the audience a Happy Eid, TAT New Delhi social media pages were used as communication handles to connect with the audience in Bangladesh to update them with any required information.

Thailand securing the top spot in Covid-19 recovery global index with the highest score beating all countries in the world stands as a testimony that the country is doing everything in its capacity to restart tourism and at the same time stay on top of people’s mind when travel resumes.

The activities conducted by TAT in various important source markets are relentless and the opening of dedicated social media communication chain in Bangladesh in the vernacular language corroborates how important the Bangladesh market is for Thailand.

For the Bangladesh market, TAT will continue to position and promote Thailand as a ‘Muslim Friendly Destination’ and focus on medical and family tourists’ segments. TAT also plans to explore any potential market segments in Bangladesh as first timer visitors to Thailand.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thefin...cial-media-for-bangladesh-1597465288?amp=true

The pages will communicate with the Bangladeshi travellers primarily in Bengali (Bangla) as well as in English, UNB reported citing a press release.
Thailand is trying to explore the possibility of inviting BD medical tourists to visit their country.

Yes, it is important for our citizens who do not get proper treatment in the country and visit India. Now, many will visit Thailand.

VERY IMPORTANT NEWS!

Yes - we should stop giving our tourism dollars to ungrateful Sanghis and spend more in Malaysia and Thailand. On second thought - there should be a way to for Bangladeshi tourists to differentiate Sanghi owned (such as Bihari Hindu and Gujju owned) businesses like hotels/restaurants/jewelry stores and saree boutiques in India from those owned by decent Indian folks. Esp. in Kolkata.

They should prepare such a list right away. Kind of like a 'Good Housekeeping' seal of consumer approval. Didi should instruct her minions to compile such a list pronto! :lol:

I wish many PDF's BD members to visit Thailand to know how it has developed tourism there and apply the knowledge to build up the sector in BD instead of uploading some stupid videos and still photographs here time to time. Even though medical tour but the tourists will come in touch with Thailand's beautiful places that have been developed to attract international tourists.

More than 32 million foreigners visit Thailand every year and I ask the PDF brats how many visit our Golden Bangladesh although the hollow talk-only target has always been 1 million?

Last edited:
Thailand's tourist industry developed mainly because of sex tourism. 90% of it. Plain and simple. Bangladesh cannot and will not follow that model.

Population of Thailand is about 70 million and the number of tourists there is 32.5 million. So, do all these tourists, most of whom are families, go there for fucking women? What a fantastic idea from a person who never went out of his Noakhali village.

More than 31.2 million foreign people visit Japan. I ask that Noakhilla do they come here for fucking women? Most come with families, Husband and wives, husband, wife and kids, young men with parents- all these kinds.

Because of this kind of negative Noakhailla people, Bd remains at the bottom. Its people are fond of sending filtered photographs taken with apertures open for one minute. This is a 3rd rate method to show the country is beautiful.

Last edited:

Yeah she was and remains a deranged lunatic. Her behavior has little relationship with Bangladeshi tourists touring in Thailand. A lunatic is a lunatic, wherever they are from. What are you going to do.

Bangladeshis cannot take collective blame for the behavior of some deranged lunatic. What are Bangladeshis going to do about it? Not much...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thailand's tourist industry developed mainly because of sex tourism. 90% of it. Plain and simple. Bangladesh cannot and will not follow that model.
I think you are living back in 60s, while can you make it sure there are no sex workers in BD specilly in Dhaka?
Do you know how many cars, trucks, motercycles been manufactured and exported from Thailand per year?
Do you know how much rice been exported from Thailand?
Do you ever seen a picture of its phuket, koh Samui, koh summit islands ever?
How clear thier waters are, and what ref life they have?
Go hve a study of it then come and blame thailand

I think you are living back in 60s, while can you make it sure there are no sex workers in BD specilly in Dhaka?
Do you know how many cars, trucks, motercycles been manufactured and exported from Thailand per year?
Do you know how much rice been exported from Thailand?
Do you ever seen a picture of its phuket, koh Samui, koh summit islands ever?
How clear thier waters are, and what ref life they have?
Go hve a study of it then come and blame thailand

I have been to Phuket and seen their vibrant sex industry. Perverts' paradise full of Japanese and European sex tourists. Why would I blame Thailand because sex is a draw there? It's okay. Let the pervs fill their need and let Thais make a bit of money.

I myself have never been a customer, don't want to get Herpes or Gonorrhea.

I'm sorry, been to Fiji and Bali too - Thailand doesn't impress me that much, too commercial and crowded. There are better (and more pristine) places to dive and observe coral reef and sea life.

And I do know exactly what Thailand makes as far as automotive items (subcompact trucks sold in the US, primarily Isuzu badged as Chevy) among other brands. Nikon SLRs and lenses (as well a many other consumer electronics) are made there, I own quite a few of these products.

Thai Jasmine rice is world famous, so is a lot of their tropical beverages sold worldwide. So what?

Bangladesh produces and exports a lot of rice and electronics as well. In recent years Thailand only produced ~32 MMT rice, we did 56 MMT (with ONE-THIRD of the arable area, mind you). Should we be impressed?

iu

Thailand started early with Japanese JV's in their SEZ's for electronics, so naturally they export more.

The point I made is that Thailand was a large "R&R destination for US GI's" during the Vietnam debacle (primarily around Bangkok and also U-Ta-Pao airbase). Sex Tourism was the primary draw and what started the rise of the Thai economy (pun not intended).

If not for the call girls in Sukhumvit road dives and motels (and other Bangkok areas) in the sixties (and Thai laissez faire attitude about sex tourism and 'looking the other way'), their economy would be just as bad as Pakistan or Bangladesh today. Ask your elders, they will confirm what Thailand was then.

There are more Bangladeshi tourists in Thailand than a lot of other places, because of proximity (half a dozen flights between DAC-BKK a day), so I really don't get your points to impress me about Thailand.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom