What's new

'They used my religion against me': Ex-Army Major accuses SpiceJet

He is an ex army officer. Deployed in insurgency infected areas. Rank was major. I think he must have enough friends to teach those employees a lesson if he wanted to. I dont think he needed some religious card for that. but people here calling it a religious card and calling him a liar (Some even suggested to send him to Pakistan) give more strength to his story
Indian army major has no power over civilians. His friends or even superiors cant do anything. They have power only in disturbed areas (kashmir and NE)
I wont call him a lier though for the simple reason that he is from army which is secular, he wont bring in an allegation and lose his face infront of his mate/seniors unless there is good reason for it.

Indian army major has no power over civilians. His friends or even superiors cant do anything. They have power only in disturbed areas (kashmir and NE)
I wont call him a lier though for the simple reason that he is from army which is secular, he wont bring in an allegation and lose his face infront of his mate/seniors unless there is good reason for it.

If you are saying in South Asia "contacts" can't help you than you are wrong my friend........ Its no necessary to be his seniors.... But its hard to believe that a guy of that rank who served his life in Army would play a "CARD". I dont know why is it hard for some people to believe that religious discrimination exist in India.

He is an ex army officer. Deployed in insurgency infected areas. Rank was major. I think he must have enough friends to teach those employees a lesson if he wanted to. I dont think he needed some religious card for that. but people here calling it a religious card and calling him a liar (Some even suggested to send him to Pakistan) give more strength to his story
And you did not pick the others who called the person, who wanted the Major to be sent to Pakistan, names. How can one term this behavior?

Selective Amnesia or just a regular trolling binge?

It doesnt matter if you are a Muslim or a Hindu or a bloody reptilian..

You take pics in an airport, you will be charged.

It's bloody cheap of him to play the muslim card when caught.

Nothing new in it, i remember a son of mother playing same card, he caught in cricket fixing, he said "every one targetting me coz i am muslim"

that fellow is sittimg in parliament.

If you are saying in South Asia "contacts" can't help you than you are wrong my friend........ Its no necessary to be his seniors.... But its hard to believe that a guy of that rank who served his life in Army would play a "CARD". I dont know why is it hard for some people to believe that religious discrimination exist in India.

I do agree on both points, religion based discrimination is prevalent in India and he is most probably not lying (though exaggerating a bit). Most probably it started with an altercation, which brought out the religious bigotry in open. I dont think a private airline staff will dare to target somebody without some sort of provocation.
I was pointing that armed forces major does not have much power, but if you are a politician(or have political contact),it can be different.

The minorities in India are much doing much better than minorities of many countries in the region.

Though few cases like the above one may happen but they are too few to generalize.

lol ok
as long as you believe it, what do we care

are you saying the Army officers do not lie. and are very honest.
We were talking about benefit of doubt...

Dude, Im a hindu so what stopped me from playing the minority/religion card? My common sense, if you feel that some people are biased, please use your better judgement and ignore them, no need to feel bad.. you have all kinda people, we have to be tolerant, no two ways to remain focused on our work and benefit our country!
You can play religion card,Blackjack whatever with your own chips....

So according to the discussion so far the army officer may be lying because he's a human and it's human nature...What about the staff,don't tell me they were bots :cheesy:

So where is the recording he took on the mobile phone?

I would wait for the investigation to be over. But if i have to apply my prejudice in this matter, I would side with the Major. Whether the airline staff is a trained customer rep or not, facade goes south in the heat of the moment.

You can play religion card,Blackjack whatever with your own chips....

So according to the discussion so far the army officer may be lying because he's a human and it's human nature...What about the staff,don't tell me they were bots :cheesy:

Are you implying that using common sense is difficult for you?

Are you implying that using common sense is difficult for you?
Maybe but then again you won't be on my list of schools; I would enrol to learn using common sense(that some how feels like borderline prejudice).

lol ok
as long as you believe it, what do we care

We're not wrong in believing something which is clearly true. Go and compare the lives of minorities in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Nepal (sadly) to that of India, and you'll see who is right.

Every religion had a seperate discriminatiion level....in India

What do u call the acts which were happening to pakistanis in pakistan.....Pakistanis were also discriminated by their own peoples.

When a Hindu kills a muslim then u people shows false symphaties but when a muslim is killed by there own muslim counterpart then you people used to hide instead of Trolling.

Hey, if some of you have been to IGI, have you noticed that many guards there are muslims ? They are not exclusively hindus. Many are sikhs and christians also.

Coming to the employee, it will be preposterous to think that he/she never came across a muslim boarding an airline. And as far as the exact situation, it is anyone's guess. The article is not clear about how it started.

And the MAJOR being an army men earlier may have been a bit more aggressive/forceful while interacting with the employee. Who knows. But without properly giving a chance to that employee for an explaination, it will be a folly to reach a conclusion.

FYI, for all the islamophobic/ religious bigotry hysteria being mopped up, as of now, the number of muslims in Cabinet Secretary position ( highest bureaucratic position in INDIA ) is highest since independence. And they occupy almost all the core/important departments. From Civil aviation to Home Ministry...

Coming to the pakistanis, u guys sound so pathetic man. Never been to India almost 99% of you and all you guys do is jump at the very moment something remotely anti-India comes out in public domain. Grow up.

Think about this is the situation of the Ex-Army major who sacrificed for country and his father fought for country if he faces disrimination for being muslim what about those muslims who are at the lower rung of the ladder.they are facing discrimination daily.

Yeah so so saaad... :( I mean muslims are doomed in india.they will be eaten raw by the evil hindus.. Guess what they should immediately pack up and leave for either pakistan or bangladesh, as their share of the 1/3 of the land of india before partition which was given to the muslims who were 1/3 population then still lies there..so muslims like ajtr who feel they are discriminated can leave.

Religious discrimination exists every where and it will be so till eternity.. but atleast in india religious discrimination is not a state policy like it is in pakistan and bangladesh, but despite these measures taken by the majority in india for the minorities they feel they are doomed then they are free to leave, cause their share of land has already present with pakistan and bangladesh..

Back
Top Bottom