What's new

Tipu Sultan, Sir Syed Ahmed Khan's lives to be turned into world class productions: Fawad Chaudhry

He said that the reform process initiated in the Ministry of Information and its attached departments in 2018 is being resumed.

While the reform will also ensure PTV News and PTV Sports becomes HD (High Definition) – a project that has been stalling since 2019 but will hopefully conclude by June this year.

In another tweet, the minister disclosed that the recording of a new anthem he initiated in 2018 is now its final stages too.

This goes to show that there was no progress on any of the projects mentioned by Fawad Chaudary during the tenure of the previous Information Minister, Shibli Faraz. Fawad has done some good work over at the S&T Ministry and now that Faraz has been installed there, the S&T initiatives and projects will stall as well.

Listen buddy....Mans wanted the gold in your grandpapa's temple. That's all. Tipu gets paid. Paratha gets played.
Well, man didn't get the gold nor did he get the land, was send packing by my grandpa:enjoy: hopefully someone from the movie making reads this and include this iconography of Tipu, btw, what's with the Goat thing? I thought it was a recent stereotype, apparently, it goes back centuries.

Methan-Mani-1140x530.jpg

Well, man didn't get the gold nor did he get the land, was send packing by my grandpa:enjoy: hopefully someone from the movie making reads this and include this iconography of Tipu, btw, what's with the Goat thing? I thought it was a recent stereotype, apparently, it goes back centuries.

Methan-Mani-1140x530.jpg
Powerful enemies are obsessed over long after they're dead.

Jackals die as jackals.

Tipu is remembered all over the world, his name is known to white people everywhere and he seems to live on in Hindu nightmares. Meanwhile, who the heck remembers your grandpa and his mercenaries?

Frankly, I find it hilarious every time white people mention Tipu as one of "India's" great leaders and sultans, while not having a clue about the brigands you idolise.
So now you want to make movie on him because he was consistent🤦‍♂️.
Karlo karlo hume koi aitraaz nahiye. Tipu be banao, Rani Lakshmibai pe bhi banao😜, koi rokhne nahi wala.
Lulz when did I declare we are making a movie solely because he was consistent in his enmity of the British? On the contrary, that is a minor reason. The main benefit derived from making a movie about Tipu is that you and @Chhatrapati and his relatives are permanently trolled and offended by this simple action. If you and him were less insulted by Tipu's existence, we wouldn't bother. In fact, I personally will watch this movie now.

Powerful enemies are obsessed over long after they're dead.

Jackals die as jackals.

Tipu is remembered all over the world, his name is known to white people everywhere and he seems to live on in Hindu nightmares. Meanwhile, who the heck remembers your grandpa and his mercenaries?

Frankly, I find it hilarious every time white people mention Tipu as one of "India's" great leaders and sultans, while not having a clue about the brigands you idolise.
Spin it any way you want. But that's not how a powerful enemy is supposed to be obsessed over. Bears the mark of humiliating the enemy. Do you know how Tipu lost? The King at the time opened the flood gates, most of Tipu's soldiers washed away and he survived. 😂

Tipu is remembered, of course, my uncle had a Pariah dog named Tipu. It's a common name for adopted stray dogs. Not many know the story behind naming dogs Tipu they think it's a cute name lol!.
Tipu is mentioned in our textbooks too for his fight against the British. History as it is, or a dumbed-down version without explaining the 'details'. You must have a very strange kind of 'white' folks who have a special interest in our history. I'm yet to see someone calling Tipu a great King, he was a good general who tried to expand the Mysore kingdom in all directions, although without much success.

Spin it any way you want. But that's not how a powerful enemy is supposed to be obsessed over. Bears the mark of humiliating the enemy. Do you know how Tipu lost? The King at the time opened the flood gates, most of Tipu's soldiers washed away and he survived. 😂

Tipu is remembered, of course, my uncle had a Pariah dog named Tipu. It's a common name for adopted stray dogs. Not many know the story behind naming dogs Tipu they think it's a cute name lol!.
Tipu is mentioned in our textbooks too for his fight against the British. History as it is, or a dumbed-down version without explaining the 'details'. You must have a very strange kind of 'white' folks who have a special interest in our history. I'm yet to see someone calling Tipu a great King, he was a good general who tried to expand the Mysore kingdom in all directions, although without much success.
The obsession clearly runs deep among you imagined maratha empire types. You're a bit like those French generals dancing on Saladin's grave. Someone must have really captured your imagination for all eternity. Tipu would be looking on laughing heartily at your obsessions. Keep naming dogs after him - it doesn't hurt him or us one bit.

But watch how you lot burn when we make a movie about him.

Can we please make this as long as Ertugrul? I want to watch this on Netflix.

The obsession clearly runs deep among you imagined maratha empire types. You're a bit like those French generals dancing on Saladin's grave. Someone must have really captured your imagination for all eternity. Tipu would be looking on laughing heartily at your obsessions. Keep naming dogs after him - it doesn't hurt him or us one bit.

But watch how you lot burn when we make a movie about him.

Can we please make this as long as Ertugrul? I want to watch this on Netflix.
Hating and mocking someone to the core is not obsession. Tipu is dead, became fertilizer to the land, also, making clock depicting him in a hilarious way or naming dogs after Tipu is not to hurt anyone it is a reminder to those invaders. It is subtle and irrelevant now, but in those days the point was well communicated.

😂We already made movies about Tipu, nothing happened. Also, has any Pakistani series aired on Netflix yet?

2021-05-01-17-36-27-1498682920.jpeg

Tipu's missiles adorn NASA's office walls.

British accounts of Tipu abound. He fired popular imagination back in Britain for his heroic stand. That some of India's Hindus are eternally offended by him is of no relevance to his global stature. A visit to the Victoria and Albert museum would make it abundantly clear, with artefacts, pictures and accounts of his true standing being preserved:

"Edward Moor wrote in his A Narrative of the Operations of Captain Little’s Detachment:

“When a person travelling through a strange country finds it well cultivated, populous with industrious inhabitants, cities newly founded, commerce extending, towns increasing and everything flourishing so as to indicate happiness, he will naturally conclude it to be under a form of government congenial to the minds of the people. This is a picture of Tippoo’s country, and this our conclusion respecting its government.” "

Naturally, the question persists, why do Indians have such problems recognising their own heroes?

Of course, Pakistanis and Indian Muslims know the answer to such rhetorical fare, but all the while, we're the ones slapped on our wrists by papa-Hindu for being "communalist".

Hating and mocking someone to the core is not obsession.
:rofl: :rofl::pop:

Pleeeeze stop bhai. I shouldn't laugh so much on an empty stomach.

Here's a thought experiment for you. If Pakistan named a mijjile "Tipu", would Indian Hindus be able to stay silent, or would we get a deluge of online op eds about how brutal and cruel Tipu was to "Indians" (who didn't even exist then as a unified nation as per @KedarT 's eloquent analysis)?

On the contrary, that is a minor reason. The main benefit derived from making a movie about Tipu is that you and @Chhatrapati and his relatives are permanently trolled and offended by this simple action. If you and him were less insulted by Tipu's existence, we wouldn't bother. In fact, I personally will watch this movie now.
So now you are making a movie on him to offend us? Ek baar theek se socho ki kyu bana rahe ho. You guys seem very confused and unclear about your decisions. This is not the first time that we are seeing this strange behavioral phenomena in you 🙃.

By the way, if you read my posts clearly (which you haven't), they were more about dissecting the actions of Tipu and assess whether he truly was some sort of a nationalist or just a king trying to defend his kingdom. Nowhere did I mention that Pakistan shouldn't make a movie on him. Aapka mulk hai, aapki marzi, jo chahe karlo. So I don't understand where this thing about being insulted came about🤔 . On post 90, I said the same thing which again you haven't read or weren't able to comprehend.

I'm starting to wonder your capacity to understand things. Are you doing this on purpose or are you just dumb? I'll give you the benefit of doubt and will assume that you are unnecessarily 'trolling'.
The obsession clearly runs deep
Says the guy who wants a movie to be made to imaginarily 'offend' another country🤷‍♂️.
who didn't even exist then as a unified nation as per @KedarT 's eloquent analysis
Finally something that you understood😶.

So now you are making a movie on him to offend us? Ek baar theek se socho ki kyu bana rahe ho. You guys seem very confused and unclear about your decisions. This is not the first time that we are seeing this strange behavioral phenomena in you 🙃.

By the way, if you read my posts clearly (which you haven't), they were more about dissecting the actions of Tipu and assess whether he truly was some sort of a nationalist or just a king trying to defend his kingdom. Nowhere did I mention that Pakistan shouldn't make a movie on him. Aapka mulk hai, aapki marzi, jo chahe karlo. So I don't understand where this thing about being insulted came about🤔 . On post 90, I said the same thing which again you haven't read or weren't able to comprehend.

I'm starting to wonder your capacity to understand things. Are you doing this on purpose or are you just dumb? I'll give you the benefit of doubt and will assume that you are unnecessarily 'trolling'.

Says the guy who wants a movie to be made to imaginarily 'offend' another country🤷‍♂️.

Finally something that you understood😶.
Your buddy wondered why we were making a movie on an Indian hero. I merely directed him to the reality, as emphasised in your treatise, that "India" didn't exist as a unified independent entity during the period in question. Tipu was Mysorean and regardless, we certainly can make a movie on him for myriad reasons.

Ultimately, movies are a private enterprise and are made for making money. Beyond that, multiple justifications may be given for why a movie will make money. That Tipu fought consistently against the British is one reason everyone except those from the secular republic of India appreciate him. Even the British respect him. However, knowing what we know about the mental age of your people, we know that this is a minor reason for the film's likely popularity. Trolling your nation makes plenty of money, hence it shall be done. You seem to struggle with the basic cognitive skills needed to understand that these two phenomena are not mutually exclusive, I.e. Tipu can be admired for stubborn resistance against the British juggernaut AND he can be liked because his very existence offends Indian Hindus. Both can occur simultaneously and both will generate money for this movie/series. Do you understand now? Or shall I repeat this in simpler terms?

Says the guy who wants a movie to be made to imaginarily 'offend' another country
I'm willing to bet you that Indian twitterati with such imaginative handles as "proud_Indian" or "proud_Bharati" or "India_first" will rail against this production and will certainly try to keep it off any specific media company's output that they possibly can by asking their local BJP representative to write stern letters threatening production houses with consequences if not withdrawn. We all saw how unoffended by free media expression you delightful secularists were with other stuff:

It's doubly funny that the people railing against Tipu will consider themselves "proud Indian" when (a) if truly "Indian" they shouldn't worry about Tipu as he wasn't "Indian" and he didn't fight against any "Indians" since no such entity existed. The mysoreans and marathas were rival fiefdoms in a subcontinent, nothing more. ...and (b) if they do regard him as "Indian" as they themselves are then they are simply disowning their own history on the basis of religious affiliation. We do laugh at these knots that you secularists tie yourselves up in routinely and religiously.

Last edited:
making clock depicting him in a hilarious way or naming dogs after Tipu is not to hurt anyone it is a reminder to those invaders
If anything that is only reflection of the inability of your ancestors to successfully defend against him or any other muslim conquerers.
But then again hindus were never known for bravery in battlefield nor nobility afterwards. Anyways what can we expect from bunch of marauders whose whole so called empire revolved around harassing bengali villagers and running away from direct Battles.
When Martha's lost Panipat they were so frustrated that they desecrated the tombs of Akbar and Najib ud daula. Imagine being such a coward and helpless enuchs that you have to take your anger on the dead. No wonder little paratha lover burned their own 30k manuscripts trying to preserve the stronk image of desert rat.

Says the guy who wants a movie to be made to imaginarily 'offend' another country
You're a classic case of self aware wolf.
c197b46.jpg

Your buddy wondered why we were making a movie on an Indian hero.
I think he might have been confused because some of the posters want to disassociate themselves from the so called 'Gangetics' regardless of religion, maybe even you might have mentioned this at a certain point of time and thus he might have raised that point on the sudden championing of Tipu Sultan among the Western neighbors.
That Tipu fought consistently against the British is one reason everyone except those from the secular republic of India appreciate him.
We already have had a TV series on him which someone has posted on this thread already. Was it youuu?!! So he has been given his appreciation, he was brave which I have pointed out already as well, definitely not taking that away from him.
Even the British respect him.
Some do, some don't (if you might have gone through the articles I posted). Plenty of people in India that British respect:-).
Trolling your nation makes plenty of money, hence it shall be done.
Wow😄
You seem to struggle with the basic cognitive skills needed to understand that these two phenomena are not mutually exclusive, I.e. Tipu can be admired for stubborn resistance against the British juggernaut AND he can be liked because his very existence offends Indian Hindus.
Again, a person who loves and dreams of making a movie to 'offend' others is making fun of my cognitive skills🙆‍♂️
Both can occur simultaneously and both will generate money for this movie/series. Do you understand now? Or shall I repeat this in simpler terms?
Got it. Please bear my slow understanding.

Now, just a minor point from my end, making a movie to offend others is a defeatist mindset. Giving some other reason like 'he fought against the British' is a better reason. Baaki aapko jo karna hai karlo, Rani Lakshmibai pe banao, Veerapandiya Kattabomman pe banao, humara koi trademark nahi hai kispar😃.

Again, a person who loves and dreams of making a movie to 'offend' others is making fun of my cognitive skill
Amidst the drivel you have posted, here's the one line I shall take up with you.

How does what I "love" or "dream of" have ANY bearing on my cognitive skills? I'm not sure you understand what "cognitive" means. It is unrelated to anything I may or may not love/dream of.

Back
Top Bottom