What's new

Turkey to enter top 10 largest economies by 2023

How soon would you predict? Many of the people their still have a tough time getting food despite a booming economy. Look at this video below and listen to the first guy's opinion.

Economy puts Istanbul in Olympics race - YouTube

"If you spend 100 billion dollar and you earn only 90 billion, we will lose."

Turkey may be helping out other countries with aid, but per percentage Turkey still gets a lot than what they give.

Turkey may reach the top 10 economy by 2050ish, but not any time sooner than that I would predict. Even predictions from big companies and organizations put Turkey's chances of becoming the top 10 economy after 2050.

BRIC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Waste of money with regards to the olympics I think it's better to host different sports events like, skiing, football, wind surfing etc. I agree with Tugrul Aksar the sports dude. screw the prestige of Olympics and take it step by step.

The kebab store owner doesn't know 60-70% of the population of Turkey. The shadow economy of Turkey is probably as big as the white economy and if people don't learn to only spend the money they earn, but indebt themselves they'll get into a buttload of trouble.

Waste of money with regards to the olympics I think it's better to host different sports events like, skiing, football, wind surfing etc. I agree with Tugrul Aksar the sports dude. screw the prestige of Olympics and take it step by step.

I agree with you. Spending money for Olympics is wasting money for Turkiye. Honestly, i hate olympics. :whistle:

I agree with you. Spending money for Olympics is wasting money for Turkiye. Honestly, i hate olympics. :whistle:

The reason why I disagree with such an undertaking is because of the waste amount of money that is required to ensure security and such. But it's no secret that giant constructions projects would kickstart a growth in Turkey and also create jobs that could sustain people and families for a long time, however you need to have the capital flow to realise this and you'll have to borrow the money from some where.

I think it's wise to wait, now that there are new rules about property sales (which I'm not thrilled about, but it has potential). let the gulf countries who're interested in Turkey invest and let the investment be finalized before we take on a project of olympic size.

However if Turkey should win the bid for olympics it'll result in a FDI flow of enourmous levels as well, companies would be willing to pay an arm and legs price for the right property and such. I however am of the opinion that Olympics should be spread out over different areas, istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Bursa, Konya, Trabzon etc. as such an olympic project that's aimed at meshing different regions with the olympic spirits

its possible...........turkey has the potential to enter the top 10 list....:tup:

Its hard but can be done , the most important is our gdp per capita which makes the people rich in a country and the policies to make the people better , we're not bad on that now , nearly everyone has free health service , children get payed benefits that are poor(like in western countries) and other benefits , why the hell did they show Fenerbahce stadium a.k.a the cave instead of Turk Telekom Arena

tt%20arena.jpg

turk_telekom_arena_49_yilligina_galatasarayin.jpg

orjinal_turk_telekom_arena__11_02_21_02_43_28.jpg

I think we should host EURO 2012 FIRST and we win it by then with our new generation of footballers

Well, I hope we can at least agree on that Turkey needs an average of 7% annual growth in order to reach our goal. :) peace

Use this formula to calculate the doubling time: (ln 2)/(ln(1+r)); where r= growth rate.

Growing at 7%/annum, it takes about 10 year for an economy to double in size.

Guys Since 2001 Turkish Annual GDP Tripled. What growth you need for that? Damn atleast 10-11% :P

Turkey is in the right direction thanks to Mr.Erdogan's visionary leadership. Turkey should have complete dominance over eastern
Europe. Plus Turkey should develop a defacto Nuclear weapons capability like Japan alongside a strong conventional arms
capability. Turks should march forward to meet their destiny. Hope all the best for my Turk brothers.

Back
Top Bottom