Turkish Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PakistaniandProud

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
turkish-flag.jpg

Seeing as there are a lot of Turkish members who like to speak their native tongue, I got permission from moderators to allow for this thread to keep things neat and clean. Discuss anything you'd like here in Turkish.

i assume writing in turkish elsewhere in this subsection is prohibited?

krølbååx;4210897 said:
i assume writing in turkish elsewhere in this subsection is prohibited?

Yes it is.

I cant see any official statement of a administrator that allowed this. As we know in past they closed our Turkish thread to. So who gurantees us that they wont show the same attitude?

@Neptune
Ben gelip Türk arkadaşlarınızla
sohbet edebilirsiniz?

Last edited by a moderator:
if this thread continues then i would love to learn some turkish...who is gonna teach me??:raise:

if this thread continues then i would love to learn some turkish...who is gonna teach me??:raise:

Since Turkish is an agglunative language you probably will be in troubles to solve its basics. For example, in order to program in Java, C++ and other Object Oriented Programming Languages, first you have to learn the basics of what Object Oriented Programming is.

If you want to say "They know it" in Turkish, it will be "Biliyorlar". With a single word, you expressed a huge thing. :)

Another example from Wikipedia:
In Turkic, and a few Uralic and Australian Aboriginal languages, predicative adjectives and copular complements take affixes that are identical to those used on predicative verbs, but their negation is different. For example, in Turkish:
koş.u.yor.sun “you are running”
çavuş.sun “you are a sergeant”
but under negation this becomes (negative morphemes boldface):
koş.mu.yor.sun “you are not running”
çavuş değil.sin “you are not a sergeant”

Agglutinative language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This could help.
TC - Turkish Language Lessons You can start from here.

After you learn Turkish, it will be too easy to learn other Turkic languages. My friend learned Turkmen just in two weeks.

For comparison:
In English "Give your number so I can call you"
In Kazakh "Numranı ver de sana telefon sokam"
In Turkish "Numaranı ver de sana telefon edeyim."

@Neptune
Ben gelip Türk arkadaşlarınızla
sohbet edebilirsiniz?

Google Translate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Turkish is an agglunative language you probably will be in troubles to solve its basics. For example, in order to program in Java, C++ and other Object Oriented Programming Languages, first you have to learn the basics of what Object Oriented Programming is.

If you want to say "They know it" in Turkish, it will be "Biliyorlar". With a single word, you expressed a huge thing. :)

Another example from Wikipedia:

Agglutinative language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This could help.
TC - Turkish Language Lessons You can start from here.

After you learn Turkish, it will be too easy to learn other Turkic languages. My friend learned Turkmen just in two weeks.

For comparison:
In English "Give your number so I can call you"
In Kazakh "Numranı ver de sana telefon sokam"
In Turkish "Numaranı ver de sana telefon edeyim."

tukish has so many types too???i thought that it will be like urdu...well my urdu is very good and urdu is a very complex language....thanx dude...:lol:

tukish has so many types too???i thought that it will be like urdu...well my urdu is very good and urdu is a very complex language....thanx dude...:lol:

Actually, Turkish is way different than Urdu. Urdu is Indo-European, meanwhile Turkish is Altaic. The only thing two languages share is their vocabulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom