What's new

U.S. asks Vietnam to stop helping Russian bomber flights

Excellent development of rapprochement between Vietnam and the United States. I welcome this , truly. Hopefully there will be strong cooperation and military integration between the Philippines and Vietnam --- afterall, Japan is already set to do a joint naval exercise with the Philippines in the coming months.

hehehe, coming back ......

or as the Cebuanos say, "Mibalik ako..."?

A trip to Cebu is in order, but everything is all set, Nihonjin invited me there for the summer and he promised girls, adobo and plenty of lechon. :enjoy:

The weird thing is both the Vietnamese & Chinese position are bad for PH

Ph and VN are already on the same page, they are allies now.

Vietnam copied much of our mode, and its operating party is a communist party, surely VN is a communist party, though for countering China US have to drag VN, but VCP is still the VCP which used to fight against US. Without CCP the communist giant, it will immediately be ousted by US. VCP is like CCP, they dont want to lose their power swapped with their blood. VCP doesnt have too much principle confrontation in value with CCP. It is national interest where VN and China have conflict

True, but the fact that the VCP is even talking with the US makes me think you guys must have really ticked them off. So you pushed them into our hands.

True, but the fact that the VCP is even talking with the US makes me think you guys must have really ticked them off. So you pushed them into our hands.
They are angry at us since 1979 as we woke them up from becoming the sub Mekong delta master.

I just post to say 'america does not demand a regime change' is totally a misjudge on the purpose of US.
If it so, Vietnam govt. should invite all those ex- south Vietnam officials back and honor them great medals.

no, russia today is a regional power. the days of glorious USSR are long over. personally I regret it. you won´t never dare to bully vietnam if the Soviet empire still existed.

no, you are wrong.
1. america does not demand a regime change, but improving human rights and some others stuffs.
2. we can negotiate with putin. I think he is a nice guy.
3. not one of US demands
4. not yet today, nor tomorrow, but realistic. pretty much depending on how we perceive chinese threat.

we could offer you airfields in spratlys or elsewhere you like. just give us some money and technology and we start building artificial islands :-)

Both Vietnam and Philippine have poor proof to support their claim over SCS. However, if we have to choose a more reasonable one between them, Vietnam more deserves its claim. Philippine excluded SCS as its territorial water for three times according to its internal laws in the past century.

Similar like Indonesian here : Aku balik ( I am back/ I am coming back), it also can be said Nih Aku balik, or Nih balik aku, but formally it should be said like the first sentence ( Aku balik )

Cebuano is a dialect of Southern / Central Filipino and it is known as 'Visayan' , it is , i think, closest to Bahasa of the dialects in the Philippines. In fact, Cebuano is or variant of Cebuano is spoken by the Dayaks in Northern Borneo. :)

Even the numbers in Cebuano is similar to Bahasa for example:

1 = isa
2 = duha
3 = tulu
4= upat
5= lima

In bahasa it is:

1= satu
2 = dua
3= tiga
4 = umpat
5 = lima

Truly, Filipino and Indonesian are brothers... ;)

Am not cebuano sorry man Luzon man here

Pasensya naman, pare. akala ko intindihan ka sa Bisaya. :)

Any island that can be expanded easily and with deep waters near by.

Palawaan is perfect. I'm also certain that the Philippine Navy is building / expanding the naval base there as well as the army posts of the Philippine Army's WESCOM (Western Command). In fact, the Filipinos invited the Commanding General of the JGSDF to tour the area. I have a feeling that there is a future cooperation between Japan and Philippines to develop their existing bases.

I would love it if the Philippines would allow the JSDF to do a visiting forces agreement with them. :)

@Carlosa , @Peter C , @Cossack25A1 @Zero_wing , @Ayan81 ---

Earlier this year the Supreme Commander of the the Japanese Ground Self Defense Force , General Iwata, visited the Philippines and was given a tour of the various military bases in the Philippines. General Iwata had expressed the desire for Japanese Armies (Northern Army, Western Army, Central Army, Eastern Army) to train with the Philippine Army.

So, i expect austere developments between Tokyo and Manila. :)

901A0291[1].jpg

901a0390[1].jpg

What if Vietnam playing double game ? Anyway Russia don't have money to offer . May be cheap military aid but would not be a game changer on other hand US want to do more to help these Asian countries with more Money aid and military equipments . Which in turn would help veits to send a clear signal to Chinese to restrain from bullying or Big Uncle Sam will be roped in unnecessarily. Only few days before dialogue took place between us and viets . As US don't have any reason to go for war with viets could like to work on common interest. And the elephant in the room is China. Let's not fool ourselves by denying it.

Because of China looks like Russians loosing their influence to the Americans. Putin must be aware of this or should take good note of this . And Chinese enemies are Russian friends. If Russia keep mum on Chinese aggressive stand then Ho hoii Say Hi to Uncle Sam to take care of the bullies. Before PLA lost 1000s of men in just 1 month of war with Vietnam . But new powers of China must had tempted Vietnam to make a friendship call to Washington . Don't forget the G4 game plan. Great Anti Bully alliance is expanding at greater phase. India US Japan Australia . Now add Vietnam South Korea Indonesia . It's more than the power of bully can take

Cebuano is a dialect of Southern / Central Filipino and it is known as 'Visayan' , it is , i think, closest to Bahasa of the dialects in the Philippines. In fact, Cebuano is or variant of Cebuano is spoken by the Dayaks in Northern Borneo. :)

1 = isa
2 = duha
3 = tulu
4= upat
5= lima

In bahasa it is:

1= satu
2 = dua
3= tiga
4 = umpat
5 = lima

Palawaan is perfect. I'm also certain that the Philippine Navy is building / expanding the naval base there as well as the army posts of the Philippine Army's WESCOM (Western Command). In fact, the Filipinos invited the Commanding General of the JGSDF to tour the area. I have a feeling that there is a future cooperation between Japan and Philippines to develop their existing bases.

I would love it if the Philippines would allow the JSDF to do a visiting forces agreement with them. :)

Earlier this year the Supreme Commander of the the Japanese Ground Self Defense Force , General Iwata, visited the Philippines and was given a tour of the various military bases in the Philippines. General Iwata had expressed the desire for Japanese Armies (Northern Army, Western Army, Central Army, Eastern Army) to train with the Philippine Army.

View attachment 202058

View attachment 202059

1 = isa
2 = duha
3 = tulu
4= upat
5= lima

In bahasa it is:

1= satu
2 = dua
3= tiga
4 = umpat
5 = lima

View attachment 202058

View attachment 202059

Well my parents are but not cebuano they hiligaynon

That's fake map.

Wrong, we started the 1979 war at the time when SU was at its height of superpower, China was weak but we were willing to fight the Soviet Union. They were your ally and had defense treaty with you but they did not start a war with us when we attacked you.

You are wrong saying today's Russia is not a regional power, If they were not, they would not be part of P5.

They don't need to launch any war. Let think twice. If you continue to want them to launch an attack.

Its better for Vietnam to turn to USA, Vietnamese leadership knows this.

It is just better to have the Russia chip along with the China chip when negotiating with Uncle Sam.

Russia didn't want to piss off China for India, their largest customer, it is not gonna do it for Vietnam .

We are the only country can help counter balance USA in the pacific as well as helping them with their strategy in middle east and Ukraine.

VN defeated mighty US in long hard VN war and retake the right to control the biggest and the most important part of SCS(east sea). From Cam Ranh air base, VN-Russia can control the whole South east- East Asian region plus Guam of US.

If US want VN- Russia to stop threatening to their beauty Guam, then US need to stop bullying Russia in their back yard and give more help to VN to stop China's aggression in SCS(east sea) :pop:

Are you imposing condition to US? :rofl:..you better do this fast until we completed the reefs reclamation :lol:

I expect in the next few weeks, or closer to the date the VCP SG make his US visit, the Chinese press will issue out warnings to VietNam "Hey we are traditional friends, don't let a third party divide us", or "don't trust the US, or else..."

LMAO talk like you Viets are so important and irresplaceble, none prevent you to cozy US, the reasons that your gorvernment would dare to cross the red line with China because it knows that most the time, it only got the negative results and your so call mentors just cross the arms and hopelessly see how Vietnam got screwed.

I was thinking that too. Well, this is the time for Vietnam to say? What's in it for me? What are you going to do for me if I move closer to you?.

Lol we can alway to ask Vietnam to give all the reefs back to begin with :lol: and then we will lecture you that if you're trying to bargain or think that you have the leverage to US against China is doomed to fail because you have nothing to offer don't expect to get anything in return.

We are the only country can help counter balance USA in the pacific as well as helping them with their strategy in middle east and Ukraine.

Odd...I thought countries like Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, and Indonesia were suddenly becoming more cozy with the US and each other to counterbalance China in the Pacific!

Silly me for thinking otherwise!

That's normal in PDF, ha ha.

My theory for a while has been that US is planning to move against china in SCS after the UNCLOS resolution in January 2016 so that they can act with full legal backing. This thing now with VN is just another preparation for that moment.

And what you think we're doing with Reefs reclamation?, you Viets better be prepared and you chose the wrong side, you might lose all your reefs...want to gamble with China, you better be to ready to morgage all your reefs.

Vietnam has been doing these:
1. Public declare the pressure from USA ( focus on the point "raise region tension ), waiting for the response from Russia "They said US bully Vietnam militaty cooperation with Russia".
2. Showing Vietnam worry to Russia, and reasonably reconsider limit the landing of fuel tanker by emergency case only.
Actually, Russia wouldn't waste the fuel for frequency demonstration flights.
3. Report the DONE to US, get something as return. ( for example: fully lift embargo of lethal weapon sales )

Afterall : Now we go for shopping in US weapon mart, and Russia mart too.
Russia weapon must compete with US from now.

Odd...I thought countries like Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, and Indonesia were suddenly becoming more cozy with the US and each other to counterbalance China in the Pacific!

CIA made the secret transactions. LOL

You are very correct, the thing is, if a country mover clearly into the US camp, they also become a big time target for china and there very serious consequences to that, so if such country is going to do that move, US have to give them iron clad security guarantees, otherwise they will end up in a very bad situation. Can't go half way on that subject.

And what you think we're doing with Reefs reclamation?, you Viets better be prepared and you chose the wrong side, you might lose all your reefs...want to gamble with China, you better be to ready to morgage all your reefs.

That reef reclamation will no go far at all if the US decide to evict china from the Spratlys, they can do it easily and they can keep them easily. You people underestimate USA, once they get you in their crosshairs, good luck.

I think its no problem and in that case that situation will probably open up a new arbitration case between Phili and VN because VN is also supposed to have the opportunity of presenting its case and the way it usually works is that actual historical possession is more important than the 200 mile EEZ and VN had possession for quite some time already. Phili claims are actually quite new. China on the other hand, never had possession of anything in the Spratlys, they took by force (1988) or encroached after someone else already had made claims, so they are the ones that are in a very weak position.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You guys are just dreaming and fantasized about SCS...hope that one day you won't wake up with a nightmare that all reefs in Sratlys will have a new landlord:lol:

Back
Top Bottom