What's new

Umayyad invasion of Sindh and the arrival of Islam

^^ Music is haraam.

What you are saying is bidat. ;)

Not at all :), remember one of the greatest performers in the world, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is Pakistani.

Stupidity and hubris is what makes you think that.

This is what inspired my ancestors and millions of others to see the light, if you cannot see the divine in this, I pity you.

This is our culture nothing to do with india. :pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ sriously yaar.. if tommorow some sufi guy come to me and say. hey convert to my religion. this is gods book. it reads ill bill hooo haa abra ka dabra which i wont understand. will i convert. hell no.

Hilarious.

But has more than a hint of truth about what it would have been like.

Hilarious.

But has more than a hint of truth about what it would have been like.

For you maybe, don't be so arrogant to think for others. One day the truth might hit - and you may find yourself on your knees before the lord of the universe.

This guy is different.

He is speaking of Raadha, Shyam, singing in Brij Bhasha.

No, he is not a typical one.

This guy is different.

He is speaking of Raadha, Shyam, singing in Brij Bhasha.

No, he is not a typical one.

No he isn't - but he follows a long line of Missionaries that helped convert millions of people around the world. One need to be firm in his faith to be able to do this, I have read the Gita and the Bible and other religious texts.

No he isn't - but he follows a long line of Missionaries that helped convert millions of people around the world.

By singing songs of Radha and Shyam? ;)

You know who they are?

For you maybe, don't be so arrogant to think for others. One day the truth might hit - and you may find yourself on your knees before the lord of the universe.

No, I would rather burn in eternal hellfire than submit to someone who is so unfair and churlish that he will condemn most of mankind to eternal hellfire.

All because they didn't get convinced by one Arab's claims!

You know who they are?

Of course, the Sufi did learn about the local religious customs, and this is why they won people over, not by arrogance or hatred - they won because of the love and personal example. People were inspired and converted on mass.

You know who they are?

No, I would rather burn in eternal hellfire than submit to someone who is so unfair and churlish that he will condemn most of mankind to eternal hellfire.

All because they didn't get convinced by one Arab's claims!

That is you, but till this day, there are many of your people that are being inspired by that "Arab" and following the light of the truth of the universe.

^^ Music is haraam.

What you are saying is bidat. ;)

He claims to be an Arab "Arain".

And then he makes claims about "culture"!

I got this on Wikipedia(with reference), truly hilarious.

Genetic datasets taken from 25 Pakistani Punjabi Arain by Xing et al's Human genome variation study paints an intriguing picture. Preliminary studies by the Harappa Ancestry Project of the data of the Arain group show an almost identical profile to Sindhi's (without African admixture), however there appears to be little West Asian contribution
Arain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I got this on Wikipedia(with reference), truly hilarious.

Hey, don't bring logic and facts into this now!

That spoils the fun. ;)

Of course, the Sufi did learn about the local religious customs, and this is why they won people over, not by arrogance or hatred - they won because of the love and personal example. People were inspired and converted on mass.

That is you, but till this day, there are many of your people that are being inspired by that "Arab" and following the light of the truth of the universe.

Let's just say that the followers of that "Arab" haven't been able to inspire me (and the vast majority of the world) with their deeds and words so far.

In fact, quite the opposite. Let's leave it at that for now.

Hey, don't bring logic and facts into this now!

That spoils the fun. ;)

Let's just say that the followers of that "Arab" haven't been able to inspire me (and the vast majority of the world) with their deeds and words so far.

In fact, quite the opposite. Let's leave it at that for now.

1.7 billion people and counting, and many many converts from other faiths. I think that the Arab is doing alright.

There is no caste system in Islam. Those Muslims who do so are doing it wrong.

There is no caste system in Hindu religion too.

Caste system was sanctioned in Manu Smruti which is basically book of Hindu code of law,made for a Hindu society of the ancient time which has no relevance for today's time. It has nothing to do with Hindu religious spiritualism .

pakistanis ancestors were cowards. what kind of person will convert to a religion which is not based on ones own language culture etc. even their relgious book is in arabic and not in pashto or urdu. some pakistanis converted to marry 4 times. some for money and majority for fear of being killed. this is the reality but of course pakistanis wont believe it. and i can understand that. no hard feelings

& INDIA DOESN'T HAVE MUSLIMS? and we are enlightened but your jealousy will never understand that. & gladly i know many hindus who don't think like you. Hence i will not make fun of your religion, my religion doesn't permit me to try & make fun of any one religion. beside i have no complexes about my religion.

you can burn in your hate

There is no caste system in Hindu religion too.

Caste system was sanctioned in Manu Smruti which is basically book of Hindu code of law,made for a Hindu society of the ancient time which has no relevance for today's time. It has nothing to do with Hindu religious spiritualism .

the british empire finished the ritual of burning a widow with her dead husband. & your widow till today cannot remarry & cannot lvie a good life she has to live like a living dead!

Sigh, with are the arguing.

If Raja Dahir sab was to beat the Arabs a fourth time, then we would all be worshipping idols and Bhudda right now.

If Raja Dahir sab was to beat the Arabs a fourth time, then we would all be worshipping idols and Bhudda right now.

Muhammad bin Qasim's conquest of Sindh did manage to speed up the spread of Islam throughout the Indus valley. None of us know with certainty as to how history may have played out in case the conquest of Sindh didn't occur. If God wanted, He could have converted the people of our land to Islam by other means. Religion may spread in a variety of ways, but that does not mean that we owe our religion to someone else. We are free to follow whatever beliefs we desire.

I can't speak for the others but hypothetically speaking even if Muslims were a minority in Pakistan, I would still have converted to Islam. I don't believe in Islam simply because I was born a Muslim. I have done my own research before deciding that Islam is the right religion for me. No one gets the credit for my beliefs except God.

Muhammad bin Qasim's conquest of Sindh did manage to speed up the spread of Islam throughout the Indus valley. None of us know with certainty as to how history may have played out in case the conquest of Sindh didn't occur. If God wanted, He could have converted the people of our land to Islam by other means. Religion may spread in a variety of ways, but that does not mean that we owe our religion to someone else. We are free to follow whatever beliefs we desire.

I can't speak for the others but hypothetically speaking even if Muslims were a minority in Pakistan, I would still have converted to Islam. I don't believe in Islam simply because I was born a Muslim. I have done my own research before deciding that Islam is the right religion for me. No one gets the credit for my beliefs except God.

Similar to me... I was an atheist (or at least agnostic) in early life (10-15) but later 'converted' to Islam around 15 years of age after realizing the truth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom