What's new

Umayyad invasion of Sindh and the arrival of Islam

Similar to me... I was an atheist (or at least agnostic) in early life (10-15) but later 'converted' to Islam around 15 years of age after realizing the truth.

If you dont mind please share your experience

Arab settled in a small area and were defeated by the Soomra Dynasty of muslim rajput converts..

If you dont mind please share your experience

It's a long one but in short, I was 'just another guy' in grade school - with many failures (one sector being academic failures). Looking back, I can see that being atheist/agnostic was a real pain and extremely frustrating... Sure, you can put up a brave (or should I say, arrogant) front by saying "I don't believe in any unseen God" but within you suffer from a mental disease which leads to failures in every area of your life. But after I found God and realized the truth, my life completely changed and took a U-turn in all respects I've never even dreamed of. :)

Pls note, I'm not disrespecting any atheist/agnostic who may be reading this but just sharing my personal experience.

^^ this is interesting because clearly the "invading arabs" were kicked out really quickly out of the sub continent BUT ISLAM still prevailed and grew. hence the myth that only cowards embraced islam is debunked!

I got this on Wikipedia(with reference), truly hilarious.

Bulleh Shah was Arain and his ancestors came from Uzbekistan.

What does it matter?

Truly hilarious would be if I posted a picture of myself, I look nothing like a Bharti. Lawlz.

^^ this is interesting because clearly the "invading arabs" were kicked out really quickly out of the sub continent BUT ISLAM still prevailed and grew. hence the myth that only cowards embraced islam is debunked!

Islam did not prevail and grow until the Turks invaded from the north, 300 years later.

Bulleh Shah was Arain and his ancestors came from Uzbekistan.

What does it matter?

Truly hilarious would be if I posted a picture of myself, I look nothing like a Bharti. Lawlz.

I didn't know that Uzbeks are Arabs. :smokin:

But you told your ancestors are from Jammu. (but you used many words like Dogra, Kashmiri, Punjabi, Saraiki for yourself at different duration of time and arains are genetically Sindhis.)

Islam did not prevail and grow until the Turks invaded from the north, 300 years later.

so the arabs left & everyone became a hindu for 300 years? NO the thing is that in 300 years until the arrival of turks islam had established itself as a religion of the sub continent

so the arabs left & everyone became a hindu for 300 years? NO the thing is that in 300 years until the arrival of turks islam had established itself as a religion of the sub continent

The Sufi's conquered the peoples hearts for Islam.

some people by nature are passive. they are not born leaders. they always follow. majority pakistanis ancestors were like that. atrocities were commited on my people too. muslims tried all they could to convert sikhs. they cut into peices little kids. they tried to lure sikhs by women and money. but we are of differnt type. die hards. no my ancestors didnt see any light in islam. and i thank my ancestors gazillion times for being strong. otherwise we been wearing long gowns and worshiping in arabic. look at the state of enlightened people of pakistani punjab. they are poor and considered weak and have no pride in their own culture and anything. and compare it to sikhs.

by the way this is what bullay shah a much revered muslim poet said

" naah kahu ab kee, naah kahu tabb kee, agar nah hotay guru gobind singh, sunnat hoti sabki."

for non punjabi speakers it means if there were no guru gobind singh whole of india would been muslims. sikh stood like rocks in the way of flotilla of islam and sank it . the same flotilla of islam that cant be stoped in iran, irak , afghanistan and many arabic nations

Those who had converted at the time of the Arab invasion may have been allowed to continue as Muslims. One fault of the Hindus of those days was that they did not easily take the converts back into Hinduism.

Arab rule was destroyed in the areas east of the Indus, but I think Arabs continued to control some small settlements on the western side of the Indus.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom