What's new

US HR Watch urges Indian govt to probe killings along Bangladesh border

When HR organizations and the western media print stuff negative about Bangladesh it is fine but when it is about India they are all slanted and biased. What I want to know is will the Indian government act to curb the abuses by the BSF? If not then Bangladeshis on the border should be armed and if attacked by BSF thugs the villagers should shoot. That would quickly put an end to BSF atrocities.

I feel bad for you....Hatred has taken over you so badly that you cannot even understand what is being said here....Anyways read my post this time with glasses....

Where did i say the report is biased???? All i said is that do these HR watch dogs criticize US for her various operations overseas??? I infact said that two wrongs don't make it right so if at all there is any truth in what they are saying culprits should be brought to book....

As far as shooting by villagers is concerned then instead of being an internet warrior why don't you take up the cause and try to shoot at BSF???? You will get your answers and we will be spared from some BS on this forum....

Bro...i dont think fallstuff has posted with a negative intention...i guess all he had to say is that these type of threads lead us no where :)

Thank you. That was my intent without prejudice.

Indian authorities are completely aware about whats going on. I say speed up the border fencing. This will stop the killing as Hasina Admin can't do anything about it.

I want to hear indian side of this story. Let me guess, propoganda fuelled by bnp and ISI? And I won't be surprised if you defend them either.

The Indian side of the story the same old redundant

Let me repeat what they will say

1. Smuggling
2. Illegal Bangladeshis in India since decades.
3. India is land of milk and honey hence the entire BD population is illegally residing in India to earn Gold and become millionaire

Now the most confusing part of the story is NO Indian will question his politicians who are getting votes during Indian elections from these Bangladeshis.

Now one wonders with Indian ID cards if these Bangladeshis are illegal immigrants or dual citizens of Indo-BD :angel:

The Indian side of the story the same old redundant

Let me repeat what they will say

1. Smuggling
2. Illegal Bangladeshis in India since decades.

And as per you all this is false propaganda run by evil India right???

3. India is land of milk and honey hence the entire BD population is illegally residing in India to earn Gold and become millionaire
Ignoring, don't have time for stupid sarcasm....

Now the most confusing part of the story is NO Indian will question his politicians who are getting votes during Indian elections from these Bangladeshis.
Assuming something blindly is not a good idea.....The reason govt. has shown less/no will to get rid of illegal migration is vote banks...Have no doubt about it....

Now one wonders with Indian ID cards if these Bangladeshis are illegal immigrants or dual citizens of Indo-BD :angel:

That is the crux of the problem. How would one know that someone is illegal??? Anyhow various programs are on and eventually things will change for good. Relations with BD are improving and we should take the maximum advantage of this to avoid any collateral in respect to innocent ordinary citizens

seems like you are reading too much Talibani newspaper sitting in Afghanistan. Good luck

As everyone knows BD's is the league of Afghanistan in SAARC!! lol Every country except BD has per capita income of more then $1300 a year!!!

As far as shooting by villagers is concerned then instead of being an internet warrior why don't you take up the cause and try to shoot at BSF???? You will get your answers and we will be spared from some BS on this forum....

Yes you Indians would like me for target practice and nice excuse to have me dead but I am not going to make it that easy for you.

Its funny to read comments here......:woot:

People belonging to one the poorest and most destitute country in the world (Bangladesh) talking about poor in India and someone quoted they know India because they saw Slumdog Millionaire?:rofl:

I happen to visit BD and India both.....and seen Slums of Dhakka and Mumbai, and man BD people live pathetic lives with no electricity, food and water, atleast Indian Slums have TV, DVD, electricity etc, my driver in Mumbai had his own bike, however, BD poor are really neglected, food is not an issue in India but in BD its a big thing.

India is progressing like anything, but I dont see anything happening in bangladesh, everywhere you go you find half naked people roaming around on roads wearing wrap-arounds.....more than that BD receives AID from so called Slumdog Millionares...so what does that make one of the poorest countries in Asia and World (Bangladesh)??

Bangladeshi beaten to death by BSF in Benapole

Benapole, Dec 11 (UNB) - A Bangladeshi cattle trader was beaten to death by Indian Border Security Force (BSF) at Gatipara border here early Saturday.

The deceased was identified as Amir Hossain, 35, son of Nyara Morol of Gatipara village.

BDR and local sources said BSF troops of Indian Pirojpur border chased a group of Bangladeshi cattle traders late at night while they were returning from India after purchasing cows.

At one stage Amir was caught by the Indian border guards. Later, they beat him to death and dragged the body into their territory.

A tense situation was prevailing in the area following the incident.

Villagers said the BSF men beat his cattle trader elder brother Samir Hossain two months back.

UNBconnect... - Bangladeshi beaten to death by BSF in Benapole

Its funny to read comments here......:woot:

People belonging to one the poorest and most destitute country in the world (Bangladesh) talking about poor in India and someone quoted they know India because they saw Slumdog Millionaire?:rofl:

I happen to visit BD and India both.....and seen Slums of Dhakka and Mumbai, and man BD people live pathetic lives with no electricity, food and water, atleast Indian Slums have TV, DVD, electricity etc, my driver in Mumbai had his own bike, however, BD poor are really neglected, food is not an issue in India but in BD its a big thing.

India is progressing like anything, but I dont see anything happening in bangladesh, everywhere you go you find half naked people roaming around on roads wearing wrap-arounds.....more than that BD receives AID from so called Slumdog Millionares...so what does that make one of the poorest countries in Asia and World (Bangladesh)??

Quit acting as if you are from the british territory. Every little gene inside your body is screaming for aid. Only a begger will laugh at the poor condition of others and thats common with so many people in southeast asia.

Quit acting as if you are from the british territory. Every little gene inside your body is screaming for aid. Only a begger will laugh at the poor condition of others and thats common with so many people in southeast asia.

Hey I was commenting on the basis of my experience and facts!! Your anger is similar to the above posts, where people from BD are making fun of India. I wasn't laughing at poor, but at the comments made by a few.

Read:

http://www.un.org/esa/policy/devplan/profile/ldc_list.pdf
UN-OHRLLS :: Least Developed Countries - Country profiles

‘Trigger-happy BSF’ shot dead 1,000 people at Indo-Bangla border: Report

In the last 10 years about 1,000 people — both Indian and Bangladeshi nationals — were shot dead by the Border Security Force (BSF), posted at West Bengal-Bangladesh borders.

The 81-page report “Trigger Happy”: Excessive use of force by Indian troops in Bangladesh - compiled by the Human Rights Watch (HRW)- was released today in Kolkata by HRW, Adhikar - a Dhaka-based organisation and MASUM, an organisation working in the bordering areas of Bengal.

“Even if people smuggle cattle or any other goods, the offence does not amount to killing. There should be punishment commensurate to the crime and the people should be brought to the magistrate. The standing procedure of BSF - shoot-to-kill - should be changed,” said Meenakshi Ganguly, Director of South Asia division of HRW.

Ganguly said that a number of those who were shot dead by the BSF were smuggling cattle, but shooting people for such an offence is violation of human rights.

“Since there is a curfew-like situation anyone who is at a wrong place at a wrong time is shot at. Many of them are out in open to defacate when they are sought,” she added. Representatives of the HRW said that the BSF personnel deployed at the India-Bangladesh border display a similar aggressive behaviour as those guarding the India-Pakistan order, though Bangladesh is a friendly nation to India.

Ganguly said that the situation have become like this because the BSF personnel are not punished and the police do not register case against them. On behalf of the organisation, Ganguly appealed to the Union Home Ministry and Bengal government to take note of the killings on the border.

Kirity Roy, Secretary of MASUM, said that they have registered 19 criminal cases against BSF personnel for killing villagers, but the cases do not come up for hearing.

“My 13-year-old son died of bullet injuries. We spent Rs 5,000 to get a postmortem done, which was done days after his death,” said Anupama Mondal, mother of Sushanta, who was killed in BSF firing on July 13, 2009.

According to the report in 2010, so far 37 people have been killed in BSF firing, in 2009 the toll was 98 and in 2008 it was 61. In 2007 it was highest, with 119 men killed by BSF personnel.

However, according to the BSF there are prohibitory orders from sunrise to sunset on the Indo-Bangladesh border and the BSF is deployed to enforce the order.

“In the night when jawans are posted at a distance of around 200 metres smugglers attack them and try to snatch away the weapons. They are in big numbers and the jawans - in a group of two or three - have no option but to fire in self defence,” C V Murlidhar, Inspector General, BSF, South Bengal Frontier, told The Indian Express.

Murlidhar said that the BSF does not shoot at people who are running away, as it is being alleged.

According to BSF officers, since August this year 20 firing incidents were reported in which three persons were killed.

‘Trigger-happy BSF’ shot dead 1,000 people at Indo-Bangla border: Report

Back
Top Bottom