What's new

US offers help for next generation aircraft carrier

I really doubt that US has suddenly woken up to realize its mistakes ....reasons to put such state of the art military platforms on platter can be only to lure India ? First question we should ask why ? and next question should be Why now ?

I think any of the US move needs to be analyzed from greater Geo-political perspective .

Ever since Condoleeza Rice proposed and single handedly pursued this India policy ....US administration had shown remarkable and unbelievable turn around ....suddenly Perennial India -haters in Washington DC have become India lovers ....

The change in US's India policy can be seen at different levels of administration .....sudden pre eminence of Immigrant Indian community has to some extent fuelled these changes ....

But most decisive factor for this major turnaround in US foreign policy is the rise of China .

CIA has singularly failed in predicting or realizing two of the greatest developments in recent Global politics : first was fall of USSR and second as spectacular rise of China .

US had been caught unaware by rather fast rise of China ....Been engaged in wars in middle east in 1990's and then in Iraq -Afghanistan US simply missed to truly gauge the significance of the accelerating rise of China ....by the time real threat of Chinese decrowning US dawned upon its government ....it was too late . Only thing US could realize was to scarble its diplomacy to forge hasty alliance to contain China.
Initial attempts to build Indo-Japanese-Australian alliance failed ....India proved to be too hard nut to crack ....The deeply entrenched mutual distrust as well as contempt was one reason but India's remarkably independent foreign policy turned major impediment ...
Indian nuclear tests were the last straw ...it announced inevitable arrival of India at nuclear high table ....This was followed by another defining incident and it is that of resilience of Indian economy in face of US sanctions !
The quickness with which US rolled back US sanctions and re-engaged with India demonstrates the impact of these two incidents on US thinking ....

So rise of China followed by rise of India , imminent threat posed by China's rapid ascent to US global supremacy and rise of Indian community in US all these factors shaped US's India policy .

US has gone back over its decades old 'India' syndrome .....and is able to see India differently ....yet US does not see India anything better than a counterweight to China .

Those of us who believe US has woken up to realize Indian values and etc etc ....are too naïve to understand complexities on International politics which basically involves pitting one against another and putting one above another !

If we are to see through America's great Asian gamble ....it is truly and rightly threatened by China ....and it desperately needs countries like India to check mate China's imminent rise....

More China remains entangled in Asia better it is for US ....

This is the whole crux of so called Asia pivot which is aimed at China ....

I am inclined to see the ongoing US gestures towards India as part and parcel to this larger US strategy in Asia .

India has but no choice to play this game ...and to avoid getting check mated even as She plays this game between not so Black and white sides !!!

This is why I have said that Rise of China is one of the best things happened to India.

I agree with most of your points; obviously Asia pivot is aimed at China and Rise of China is one of the main reasons why US seeks greater co-operation with India.

India don't have your own missiles to export. You need foreign permission to buy the components and then ask foreigners to assemble the missile and ask their approval to export.

Even Iran can make its own missiles :lol:

Good if you think that... Find out how Vietnam and Myanmar have been approaching us. Read up a bit before spouting your ignorance on an international forum.

@Capt.Popeye @Dillinger @gambit

what do you think makes more sense? Emals + E2 or Email + V22 in a similar role. Had read that the V 22 can operate in a similar role.

Last edited by a moderator:
b
Even You can write :woot:

Ok. Stop BS till then. Talk when it happens. And dont forget to make me ip when US has a base on Indian soil :devil:

If I remember last time you were bragging about "the great seal team" will hunt down anybody play with US security even if he/she hide in other countries so tell me hows Snowden(?) doing ??? :rofl:

There are countries that US will not send seals to. In those countries, US send SOG from CIA. India is not one of them as US would send drones or seals into India. In this regard, India is no different from Pakistan.

b

There are countries that US will not send seals to. In those countries, US send SOG from CIA. India is not one of them as US would send drones or seals into India. In this regard, India is no different from Pakistan.

Oh yes now there are different countries :rofl:
Whatever that floats your boat :tup:
I will be looking forward to seal team entering India.

Oh yes now there are different countries :rofl:
Whatever that floats your boat :tup:
I will be looking forward to seal team entering India.

Why would US need to send troops into India. Take care of your red corridor yourself. Protect your female tourist from rapist yourselves. But don't forget to put a disclaimer about the danger of visiting India.

Why would US need to send troops into India. Take care of your red corridor yourself. Protect your female tourist from rapist yourselves. But don't forget to put a disclaimer about the danger of visiting India.

Hahahhaa you think too much of yourself americanooo.
Get a good night sleep whenever your time zone said its night :rofl:
I am done. Good luck with your dreams ;)
PS i am yet to believe your nationality so bye bye

Skin the hapless Indians to the last dime。:rofl:

When will the Indians grow up and stop living on other's charity?:wave:

Considering the PRC grew on the back of Japanese and American investments, youre just another hypocrite.

On the bright side, India might be able to develop a CATOBAR carrie, which would be a big jump from STOBAR. Who knows, there may be a foray into more advanced tech also.

Hahahhaa you think too much of yourself americanooo.
Get a good night sleep whenever your time zone said its night :rofl:
I am done. Good luck with your dreams ;)
PS i am yet to believe your nationality so bye bye

IncredibleIndia.org has the disclaimer below. That is a step to the right direction.

Incredible India - Women Safety

Note on Safety and Security of Women Tourists
In recent weeks, two unfortunate incidents have been reported in India in one of which, a Swiss lady traveller was raped by a group of men with a criminal past at a remote place in Madhya Pradesh. In the second incident, a British lady traveller was intimidated in a hotel in Uttar Pradesh.

2. In both incidents, the accused were apprehended by the police authorities within a few days. Action has also been initiated to bring the culprits to justice.

3. India is a country of peace-loving and law-abiding citizens. It is a safe destination for domestic and international tourists. However, like any other civil society, there are aberrations, and a few persons break the law now and then. The instances of sexual molestation/ harassment of foreign tourists that have happened in recent weeks are such aberrations. Most of the 6.65 million foreign visitors, who came to India in 2012, with about 40% of them being lady tourists, did not report any major problems in India during their visits and the country continues to receive repeat visitors. It is reiterated that India remains a safe destination for international visitors including women tourists. However, international visitors need to exercise caution, just as local residents do, while travelling through or staying at isolated places, to guard against becoming victims of undesirable elements.
- See more at: Incredible India - Women Safety

IncredibleIndia.org has the disclaimer below. That is a step to the right direction.

Incredible India - Women Safety

Note on Safety and Security of Women Tourists
In recent weeks, two unfortunate incidents have been reported in India in one of which, a Swiss lady traveller was raped by a group of men with a criminal past at a remote place in Madhya Pradesh. In the second incident, a British lady traveller was intimidated in a hotel in Uttar Pradesh.

2. In both incidents, the accused were apprehended by the police authorities within a few days. Action has also been initiated to bring the culprits to justice.

3. India is a country of peace-loving and law-abiding citizens. It is a safe destination for domestic and international tourists. However, like any other civil society, there are aberrations, and a few persons break the law now and then. The instances of sexual molestation/ harassment of foreign tourists that have happened in recent weeks are such aberrations. Most of the 6.65 million foreign visitors, who came to India in 2012, with about 40% of them being lady tourists, did not report any major problems in India during their visits and the country continues to receive repeat visitors. It is reiterated that India remains a safe destination for international visitors including women tourists. However, international visitors need to exercise caution, just as local residents do, while travelling through or staying at isolated places, to guard against becoming victims of undesirable elements.
- See more at: Incredible India - Women Safety

Dude you are impossible :angry: you successfully derailed the aircraft carrier to social problem :tup:

Ok lets get to the facts
- Name the country which is free from crime against women ??? Vatican city ???
- Tell me the statistic of the rape and sexual assault on women in USA ??? Published few days ago so will be a easy find

And about Tourists few rules are applied world wide
- Always let your embassy know your plans
- Don't travel to the places which are not safe
- If you have to have go to some remote place use local contacts than to dare it on your own
- never get "high" on anything when you are at a new place.

More importantly Never be at wrong place at wrong time. You screw with it you get screwed. All legal process can follow but why risk that when you can simple avoid that ???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom