What's new

What are the similarities/differences of Bengali peoples in Bangladesh vs India

There is a difference between musician and instrument player, the reason why Lennon or Chris Martin or Roger waters will always be better musician than some guitar wiz like Joe Satriani or Steve Vai.

Also BD has better rock bands because we have a functioning movie industry, so our talented musicians tend to work for films and go mainstream/pop, same way Pakistan has a better band culture than India because of bollywood.
Well, most of the bollywood songs are copied from other countries' song; personally I don't like bollywood songs; so I doubt about west bengal talented musicians potentiality of becoming world class instrumental player. Most of the west bengal musicians are not influenced by western music or instrument. I feel that they are too much commercial and loves to evolve around desi music.

How did you compare music ? What parameters? Tell me about it.
How do you compare movies?? Is there any parameter?? Same goes with the music. Its better if you listen musics from two parts of Bengal and if you have taste of western music, you will get this who are playing instruments better.

How do you compare movies?? Is there any parameter?? Same goes with the music. Its better if you listen musics from two parts of Bengal and if you have taste of western music, you will get this who are playing instruments better.
Agreed Bangladesh is way ahead in Rock, not sure about other genres though, You guys have nurtured the rock culture very well, Bands like Artcell, Warfeze, Aurthohin are among the bests in South Asia. Artcell is a altogether a different beast though, Some of their numbers are extremly tough to cover without a keyboardist, My 2nd fav Progressive rock band after Dream Theater, WB Rock bands on the other hand are Rock only by name all they try is to somehow insert some folk stuff in their composition, I hate these fcukin half baked fusion stuff. I am extremely aurthodox when it comes to rock i don't even consider Linkin Park a proper rock band as due to heavy electronic infuence their compositions sound so dull and artificial.

Aar Fossils holo Bansh bone sheyal raja, fanka mathe goal die choleche bochorer por bochor , majhe insomnia bole ekta khub promising band uthechilo bohudin jabot kono khoj khobor nei, Rock in WB is limited to few selective pubs, Bo baracks, and Anjan Dutta :lol: , Gravy theory, Hipp pockets bhalo kintu oder lyrics gulo English e

Last edited:

I dont know how to compare movies or music. You tell me.

Bit off topic: I had a question regarding two bengali words. Can someone answer behind the story of words "Chora Gupta" and "Gupta Hottya" (চোরাগুপ্তা, গুপ্তহত্যা )
There seems to me some historical connection of Guptas relating to these words. Can some one explain?

Similarities :
Nothing in particular,apart from the language(standard one).
Saree,fish,rice etc isn't Bengali only things if you want to argue about those.

Differences :
West Bengal's main religion is Sanatan while here it's Islam.

From a religion perspective, Islam and Hinduism is incompatible, they are totally different things. Atleast Pakistan borders a region which follows a monotheistic faith, believes in 'ik onkar' and has similarities to Islam. However mushreek cults are a whole different ball game. However I have nothing against people who adhere to Hinduism.

Bit off topic: I had a question regarding two bengali words. Can someone answer behind the story of words "Chora Gupta" and "Gupta Hottya" (চোরাগুপ্তা, গুপ্তহত্যা )
There seems to me some historical connection of Guptas relating to these words. Can some one explain?
From a religion perspective, Islam and Hinduism is incompatible, they are totally different things. Atleast Pakistan borders a region which follows a monotheistic faith, believes in 'ik onkar' and has similarities to Islam. However mushreek cults are a whole different ball game. However I have nothing against people who adhere to Hinduism.

<whew>

There is a Bengali word "Susil" (সুশীল)। It comes from the Buddhist noble practices according to "Sila"
Śīla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Who does these noble practices is a Susil or who is overall a good man we call him Susil

@Joe Shearer can you explain? Like Guptas were, corrupted thieves so from it the words Chora Gupta originated?
or Guptas used to secretly kill or they were secretly killed, so the word Gupta Hattya originated?
Very much related to present scenario of BD.

There is a Bengali word "Susil" (সুশীল)। It comes from the Buddhist noble practices according to "Sila"
Śīla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Who does these noble practices is a Susil or who is overall a good man we call him Susil

@Joe Shearer can you explain? Like Guptas were, corrupted thieves so from it the words Chora Gupta originated?
or Guptas used to secretly kill or they were secretly killed, so the word Gupta Hattya originated?
Very much related to present scenario of BD.

I was hoping and praying that you would not notice me and I could creep away without any fuss.

You see, being a Gupta myself, and not having heard these phrases, was nothing short of ignominious. They are not very flattering phrases, either. LOL.
If you give me a little time, I shall try to find out.

Nation at 9: TMC- No border can divide Bangladesh and West Bengal

The bengalis who even have a hint of North look are the result of, well I will not say ,It was not our finest hour

Stop trying to flaunt your b.s, some of your people say the rapes were an outright lie. If it wasn't your finest why would you mention it and the fact it has no relevancy to this thread which compares two groups, one being predominantly Hindu and the other Muslim.

Bengalis aren't a Homogeneous group, if you go to the North East and South East, people are slant eyed or more 'mongoloid', skin color varies from oriental light skinned to wheat to dark and medium etc.

Seems you're learning the Awami rhetoric quite well.

Stop trying to flaunt your b.s, some of your people say the rapes were an outright lie. If it wasn't your finest why would you mention it and the fact it has no relevancy to this thread which compares two groups, one being predominantly Hindu and the other Muslim.

Bengalis aren't a Homogeneous group, if you go to the North East and South East, people are slant eyed or more 'mongoloid', skin color varies from oriental light skinned to wheat to dark and medium etc.

Seems you're learning the Awami rhetoric quite well.
Their is no such thing as a fair skinned bengali ,just like their is no fair skinned tamil or aboriginal.kudos

Their is no such thing as a fair skinned bengali ,just like their is no fair skinned tamil

Plenty of fair skinned Bengalis and Tamils. I definitely know about the latter since I am tamilian.

There was a whole Shruti Hassan fan thread on PDF not too long ago lol.

Not that fair/dark skin means anything right?

Plenty of fair skinned Bengalis and Tamils. I definitely know about the latter since I am tamilian.

There was a whole Shruti Hassan fan thread on PDF not too long ago lol.

Not that fair/dark skin means anything right?
She is a fine looking lass I must say, yet she has rajput roots from her mothers side.kudos

Back
Top Bottom