What's new

What are the similarities/differences of Bengali peoples in Bangladesh vs India

Indias v Bengalis, then Indians v Pakistanis, then Pakistanis v Bengalis and then a free for all.

Disgraceful posts by the lot of you.

Anyway, if you want to meet a true physical specimen, meet me. 8-):o::pakistan::smitten::agree:
@Akheilos
@salarsikander
@Aether

Seriously, stop trolling or the thread gets shut down.

I'm struggling to find a reason behind this thread still being open....

I'm struggling to find a reason behind this thread still being open....
it was ok till a bangladeshi said punjabis and bd people look similar, and a punjabi could not take it, and it went racial. Should keep it to topic, it was between bengalis of both side of border.

it was ok till a bangladeshi said punjabis and bd people look similar, and a punjabi could not take it, and it went racial. Should keep it to topic, it was between bengalis of both side of border.

Actually right from the first page it began with a sense of contest between people from both groups and it just went uglier later. Such threads usually end up being just another "Great PDF Genealogy" thread as it's being turning up now. You can just go through similar threads on this topic, they all received the same fate...

Actually right from the first page it began with a sense of contest between people from both groups and it just went uglier later. Such threads usually end up being just another "Great PDF Genealogy" thread as it's being turning up now. You can just go through similar threads on this topic, they all received the same fate...
ya.. looks like you are right...

Indias v Bengalis, then Indians v Pakistanis, then Pakistanis v Bengalis and then a free for all.

Disgraceful posts by the lot of you.

Anyway, if you want to meet a true physical specimen, meet me. 8-):o::pakistan::smitten::agree:
@Akheilos
@salarsikander
@Aether

Seriously, stop trolling or the thread gets shut down.
Hi,

Cant forget that day, My old eyes saw a bright shining young man. A proper MashAllah handsome father

I think this should end here, Its childish, its stupid and its childish stupid.
We are only suppose to make fun of Indians

Bengalis as white as Europeans ,SURE and out of my window I have just seen a purple baboon munching on a king sized pizza

I know exactly how banglas look, I have seen enough of these malay,filipino thia types. why dont you just google bangladeshi, and you will not see anyone who looks like a typical Punjabi let alone european as some clowns on this forum have suggested lol.
It's up to you to believe it or not,your opinions doesn't change the facts.Don't give yourself too much importance.
I think my own eyes are more authentic than google.
BTW,I don't think anyone cares how Pakistani people looks,they could be 12 feet tall,have face of an angel or diarrhea poo,no one cares regardless.
So get out of your ghetto mind and stop posting racist stuff.

meet a true physical specimen
:o:

Bro I dont get you :rofl: You are a specimen from Pakistan they wanna meet a slap from every specimen....
:raise: I can do the honours 1 slap from each region :angel:

seems like you are inviting trouble

@Rain Man

Thanks for tagging me mate. :)

Let's just say that there are some similarities and many differences, and the differences are widening day by day. Bengalis of West Bengal have really moved on from the partition, and Bangladesh by and large have been erased from their psyche, it's just another distant foreign land people here know little about and care even less. People of the older generations who had their homes in East Bengal understandably still have some soft corner left, but they are also decreasing in numbers by the law of nature, our generation just know that our roots and ancestral homes were in what is now Bangladesh, our next generation, our children will give two hoots about it, in fact I am yet to discuss these things with my children..probably because it matters little to me too. 99% of what I know about modern day Bangladesh was after coming to this forum, most people aren't even aware about the places on the other side of the border. Only the writers, artists and filmmakers here care about Bangladesh, it's market to be precise. Partition used to be a 'sad reality', now it is just a 'fact', just a 'piece of information'.

Btw, calling them Bangladeshis and us Bengalis ends a hell lot of confusion, we in Bengal refer to them as Bangladeshis only. It is logical also, they are from Bangladesh, hence Bangladeshis, we are from India and Bengal, hence Indians and Bengalis....but avoiding confusion is the main reason.

Thanks for tagging me mate. :)

Let's just say that there are some similarities and many differences, and the differences are widening day by day. Bengalis of West Bengal have really moved on from the partition, and Bangladesh by and large have been erased from their psyche, it's just another distant foreign land people here know little about and care even less. People of the older generations who had their homes in East Bengal understandably still have some soft corner left, but they are also decreasing in numbers by the law of nature, our generation just know that our roots and ancestral homes were in what is now Bangladesh, our next generation, our children will give two hoots about it, in fact I am yet to discuss these things with my children..probably because it matters little to me too. 99% of what I know about modern day Bangladesh was after coming to this forum, most people aren't even aware about the places on the other side of the border. Only the writers, artists and filmmakers here care about Bangladesh, it's market to be precise. Partition used to be a 'sad reality', now it is just a 'fact', just a 'piece of information'.

Btw, calling them Bangladeshis and us Bengalis ends a hell lot of confusion, we in Bengal refer to them as Bangladeshis only. It is logical also, they are from Bangladesh, hence Bangladeshis, we are from India and Bengal, hence Indians and Bengalis....but avoiding confusion is the main reason.

It used to be same in Bangladesh about West Bengal until recently thanks to invasion of Bangla channels of India in Bangladesh. Our women love and are addicted to your TV channels StarJalsha, Zee Bangla and Colors Bangla. These three Indian Bangla channels have totally invaded in every household of Bangladesh. Our women can live without food for oneday but can't without missing any episode of these serials. Apart from satellite invasion we can't connect with West Bengal's culture. West Bengal is 'foreign' to Bangladeshis. Our people feel very proud to be part of an independent country where they are rulers of the land and where in every corner Bangla is spoken unlike West Bengal where non-Bengali people will soon be majority due to Bihari, Marwari,Sikhs,Gujarati migration in West Bengal. Bangladesh doesn't have this problem. Go, anywhere in the world if you call yourself a Bengali to a foreigner 90% chance is he will think you are from Bangladesh.

Most Bangladeshis can't speak in fake Bangla 'bhodrolok' accent of West Bengalis. Its just too funny and a subject to make fun of if someone in Bangladesh speak in that fake nasal accent of Kolkata's bhodroloks. Ki dhong dekho. Bangla te kotha bolbe mon khule, gola chere, ta na dhong er jalay naki shure Bangla bole jeno kobita abriti korche. Ghorer moddhe eto dhong kore kotha bolbe keno? :mad:

Most Bangladeshis can't speak in fake Bangla 'bhodrolok' accent of West Bengalis. Its just too funny and a subject to make fun of if someone in Bangladesh speak in that fake nasal accent of Kolkata's bhodroloks. Ki dhong dekho. Bangla te kotha bolbe mon khule, gola chere, ta na dhong er jalay naki shure Bangla bole jeno kobita abriti korche. Ghorer moddhe eto dhong kore kotha bolbe keno? :mad:

bhai apnara eto Bhayonkor bhabe kotha keno bolen ! :o:

Last edited:
Gelum, Dekhlum, Rakhlum, Khelum, Halum Hulum West Bengalis :rofl:

Good, we want the differences to exist....then only is there an inherent reason for a boundary.

If illegal Bangladeshis in India go back to Bangladesh, that will remove a major cause of strain between the two countries and relations can improve a lot.

Also certain Bangladeshi quarters, esp in defence circles, must stop harping on about a united greater Bengal that seeks to take territory away from India and Burma. Develop your country first and then we will see how best to serve that political objective in future peacefully through economic partnerships and unions. Because constantly threatening it right now only highlights the somewhat pitiful state of Bangladesh, and is quite counterproductive.

Back
Top Bottom