What's new

Who do you think is the best for Pakistan ?

Who is best for Pakistan.

• President Pervez Musharaf

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Benazir bhutto

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Nawaz Sharif

• Imran Khan

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • MMA

• Any New Face.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

F.O.X

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
With all the current events happening, the future is blind, no one know what is gona happen in the future, People have no trust in any political leader, they just want to live free & easy life.
In all this current situation who do you think is the best for the Pakistan.
plz just dont write the name, also explain how he can be more effective for the country what he have done for the country in the past & what he can do in the past.
plz contribute so we can distinguish between different options we have.

Tnx

Regards
Wilco

My Choice is Musharaf.

bcoz all things aside at least he have done something for the country. No one is 100% perfect but Allah, so you dont expect him to be 100% perfect he may have done many things bad but he also done some very good things too, like building of Roads, Dams, Infrastructure, Economy, Education, Information Technology, health sector, Business sector, Gwadar etc. though i agree that prices of goods have increased but per capita income has also increased from 232(1999) to 925(2007). our reserves have been tremendously increased from (1bn$) to (16bn$). our economy is growing with the rate of 7.6p.a. & changes dont take place instantly they require some time for them.
so if he have done 10 things bad he also have done 100 things good.
so till there is no one batter then him my choice is Musharaf.

Regards
Wilco

Mushi lost respect in my eyes by making a deal BB
I will go with Nawaz he is probably the best canditate unlike Mushi who showed his true colors that power is everything for him.
and i hate Mushi cuz he supported ALtaf Hussain # 1 terrorist of Pakistan and Karachi my home town
Mushi is a puppet of Bush
Unlike Nawaz who tested the nuclear weopon despite many warnings from western countries

plz just dont write the name, also explain how he can be more effective for the country what he have done for the country in the past & what he can do in the past.
tnx

Regards
Wilco

tnx

Regards
Wilco

Nuclear tests was one of the achievements
to be honest Nawaz never got a chance to prove his true potential, he became the PM of Pakistan twice but not more than 2 years, unlike Mushi
and one thing i like about Nawaz is that he didn't change his agenda for power like Mushi and BB who accepted each other.
and i dont think the economic policies will be changed if Nawaz comes to Power

Khanbhai,

My personal opinion is that negotiations between the power players was the pragmatic and sensible thing to do. One must remember that at the end of the day, the issue is not about political leaders, political systems, democracy, or even freedom - it is about the pakistani people, and what benefits them. When the situation is as volatile as it is now, negotiating with whoever is in charge for a gradual return to an independent, free and fair system is what is important - because it alleviates the risk of violence and a breakdown in law and order, and even the system itself, if the ruling interests are pushed too far.

If BB can make a "deal" that provides for an autonomous election commission and a fair caretaker government, then all power to her. Is that not what the whole "political system" is about? To provide fair and independent institutions? If you can obtain that result with negotiations, even if personalities have to fall by the wayside, then it is preferable to the drama, agitation and hoopla of "grand returns".

Nuclear tests was one of the achievements
to be honest Nawaz never got a chance to prove his true potential, he became the PM of Pakistan twice but not more than 2 years, unlike Mushi
and one thing i like about Nawaz is that he didn't change his agenda for power like Mushi and BB who accepted each other.
and i dont think the economic policies will be changed if Nawaz comes to Power

The nuclear program was the achievement of Pakistani scientists and the Pakistani nation. No politician or military man should take credit, or be given credit, for what was one of the few programs that remained relatively free from political shenanigans. The only politicians/leaders that I think should take credit, are the ones that took the decisions to establish and fund the institutions that produced these achievements - Nawaz Sharif did not take that initiative.

Khanbhai,

My personal opinion is that negotiations between the power players was the pragmatic and sensible thing to do_One must remember that at the end of the day, the issue is not about political leaders, political systems, democracy, or even freedom - it is about the pakistani people, and what benefits them.

at the end of the the people of pakistan want, a leader who is elected by them, a better political system, a democratic nation, and freedom of speech, and then the people in pakistan will be benefited if all this things prevail

The nuclear program was the achievement of Pakistani scientists and the Pakistani nation. No politician or military man should take credit, or be given credit, for what was one of the few programs that remained relatively free from political shenanigans. The only politicians/leaders that I think should take credit, are the ones that took the decisions to establish and fund the institutions that produced these achievements - Nawaz Sharif did not take that initiative.

who is taking the credit away from scientist:hitwall:
BHAI SAAB it was upto Nawaz to take the decision of testing the Nuclear weapons cuz he was the PM

at the end of the the people of pakistan want, a leader who is elected by them, a better political system, a democratic nation, and freedom of speech, and then the people in pakistan will be benefited

I disagree somewhat:

People of Pakistan want; A system that serves everyones needs.

Political leaders can provide ideas and ways that lead to that system, but they themselves are not essential. The order in which you presented your list highlights the malaise of "personality" we suffer from in our nation. Nawaz Sharif, BB or Mushy cannot provide justice to everyone - only an independent and fair judicial system can. They cannot prevent every crime or arrest every criminal, only a fair and independent police force can. They cannot arrange free and fair elections - only an independent election commission can.

NS and BB have too much of a hold on their parties to allow the development of new leadership. They will keep rotating in and out of power. They can return, but I will only welcome them if they agree to abide by the two term rule.

I disagree somewhat:
:what:
i disagree with you and probably most of the people in the world

People of Pakistan want; A system that serves everyones needs.
in straight words you want democracy, the system which is by the people for the people
you are lost my friend:hitwall:
Political leaders can provide ideas and ways that lead to that system, but they themselves are not essential. The order in which you presented your list highlights the malaise of "personality" we suffer from in our nation.
:crazy:

Nawaz Sharif, BB or Mushy cannot provide justice to everyone - only an independent and fair judicial system can.
this only happens in democratic nations where judicial system is fair

They cannot prevent every crime or arrest every criminal, only a fair and independent police force can.
this stuff is only possible if the powers are divided which is only possible in democratic system
They cannot arrange free and fair elections - only an independent election commission can.
only in democratic nation, where leaders are elected by the people

NS and BB have too much of a hold on their parties to allow the development of new leadership. They will keep rotating in and out of power. They can return, but I will only welcome them if they agree to abide by the two term rule.

that is you own opinion and i respect that, but i disagree with you i believe its upto the people
if they want the PM to have more than 2 terms

in the end you want a democratic system
i dont understand why you disagree with me

Dear friends, it's simple arithmetic, the team of BB/AZ got there share @ 10% and the team of NS/SS got there share @ 30%. And Praise the Lord, Pervaiz Musharraf made Nothing. Then who should we see in Power? It's so simple for our uneducated people of Pakistan to understand, but, they don't want to understand.

that is you own opinion and i respect that, but i disagree with you i believe its upto the people

Democracy is only one "way" of providing a "system that serves everyones needs", it is not necessarily synonymous with "freedom", or even the best way, at all times, for achieving the goal stated above. The UAE has accomplished a tremendous amount without any "democracy", and its citizens have all of what you suggest is the domain of democracy alone. That said, I have no issue with democracy, but I do have issue with suggesting that "leaders" are more important than a system that "serves peoples needs", as you indicated by placing "leaders" at the beginning of your list.

With respect to the two term limit, the United States is hailed as an exemplary model of democracy in the world, yet it too has a two term limit for its leadership. The reason that is important is because it forces the political parties to develop new leadership and with that, hopefully, new ideas to confront challenges in a dynamic world. In Pakistan's context, I would argue that term limits are extremely important because of the "biradri vote", and our obsession with personalities. If it has worked in the U.S, I don't see why it shouldn't work in Pakistan.

i disagree with you and probably most of the people in the world
Not most, they are least.

in straight words you want democracy, the system which is by the people for the people
you are lost my friend
this is the point i am trying to prove from many posts that people of Pakistan are no capable of choosing their leaders, Y dont you understand.

this only happens in democratic nations where judicial system is fair
& in whose era this Thing happen ??

this stuff is only possible if the powers are divided which is only possible in democratic system
In Pakistan powers are not divided in democratic system, there is no Party like PML,PP,PML-Q etc, but there are single person who is running those party from ages they first have to bring democracy in the parties they lead, they are dictators of their respective parties & demanding democracy in country.

only in democratic nation, where leaders are elected by the people
YES, but if people are capable of doing so, unfortunately our people are not capable of doing this.

I can say Ok give PM 2 term, but i disagree on giving NS 2 terms, if there is any new face in the party then if he comes then i got no problem.

Bcoz my friend in democratic system if there are 99 scholars in one side & 100 fools in the other the fools will win.

Regards
Wilco

Unlike Nawaz who tested the nuclear weopon despite many warnings from western countries
He cannot be credited for mere pressing the button. Infact that was another example of Sharif's stupidity. He and all his ill advisors, only saw it as an opportunity sort of inauguration.
Actually, That was the time for Pakistan to negotiate and encash the rare opportunity provided by Indians.
Only, if Pakistan would have asked for neuclear fuel for energy purpose in return. Dumbs like Sharif cannot even fatasize of the benifits and prosperity it would have brought to Pakistan.
Test could have been always made later and unilaterly as Indians always did and will continue to do, infact that would have been more tit for tat approach!!!!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom