What's new

Who will be Pakistan Army's Next chief?

Lieutenant General Sikander Afzal
fcnew1.jpg

Lt.-Gen. Sikander Afzal is the most senior officer at this moment who can succeed the current COAS. He was born on 03 March 1952 in Lahore, Pakistan. Until his current appointment as Force Commander of UNMIL, he was Corps Commander of an elite Corp at Multan. Prior to his present appointment, he served in UNISOM II (UN Mission in Somalia) as the Quick Reaction Force (QRF) Commander.

Lt.-Gen. Afzal joined the Pakistan Army in 1972. He is a graduate of Punjab and Baluchistan universities with a Bachelor of Arts and Science (Honours) degree. He later earned Master of Science Degree in Defence and Strategic Studies from Quad-i-Azam University. He is also a graduate of Pakistan Army Command and Staff College and Pakistan National Defence College.Lt.-Gen. Afzal has had a distinguished military career in the Pakistan Army. He served in numerous commands, instructional and important assignments at home and abroad. He has commanded an Armoured Brigade and an Infantry Brigade, two Infantry Divisions and served as the Director-General for Strategic Analysis in the country's Inter-Services Intelligence. Since 2006 had been serving as Corps Commander of a Corps at Multan with responsibility for more than 30,000 military personnel prior to his UNMIL post.

he is already on extension.

this has some relevance to the topic:

HOW :

General kiyani will be the new COAS .
We cannot trust General Kiyani, because contrary to the popular beleive, he is too much pro american.
We , pakistanis, do not need blind pro americans.
Moderator, please be rational. see the videos till end and you will surely find complete history of alst 10 years.

its all media speculation - u seem to believe blindly in this report - what u say and think and what the 'ground reality' is, is vastly different!!!

tell me which army general was not pro-US!!!!??? - even Gen. aslam beg was pro-american (in the closet)

its all media speculation - u seem to believe blindly in this report - what u say and think and what the 'ground reality' is, is vastly different!!!

tell me which army general was not pro-US!!!!??? - even Gen. aslam beg was pro-american (in the closet)
GENERAL MAHMOOD AHMED WAS NOT PRO AMERICAN.(DG ISI)

HOW:
He was in washington DC on 9 11, 2001. the event and his trip was planned because 911 was an inside job and americans wanted him to do their way. He came back, went to afghanistan and told musharraf that alqaeda is not involved. He was sacked immediately.

AIR MARSHAL MUSHAF ALI MIR WAS NOT PRO AMERICAN

HOW :

He once shouted aginst musharraf due to his stubborness over the use of airbases. the CIA killed him. thats why there was a mutiny in PAF. yes there was mutiny in PAF , thats why they hanged 6 and court marshalled 116. Now 116 is a big number.

this has some relevance to the topic:

HOW :

General kiyani will be the new COAS .
We cannot trust General Kiyani, because contrary to the popular beleive, he is too much pro american.
We , pakistanis, do not need blind pro americans.
Moderator, please be rational. see the videos till end and you will surely find complete history of alst 10 years.

The discussion is about who will be the next chief, Kiyani is the current chief, so you argument doesn't holds its ground.

And do remember, if a post is deleted once, do not post the same stuff again, that will attract suspension. You are new so this time letting it go.

As you know, COAS duty is not connected to service extension. Let us wait till October to find out.

Yeah, but Lt Gen Sikander was given extension so that he completes his foreign posting, not to get him into the race of being a COAS, even though he may be the most senior, but he is still a batch mate of Lt Gen Khalid Wayne.

Secondly, his chances are low, as in early 2012 he will have to get retired as he would be reaching the age of 60, so not a very suitable candidate.

wow...this forum is pretty militarized.... the pakistani way.

this is a nation where Mr. 10 percent has 18th amendmant. he will choose the next COAS. thats why they need to either completely ripp off 18th amendment before oct, or extend general kiyani.

also, kiyani has got some thing to do with DG ISI which is also running on extension.

Now, there was one more guy who was on extension (comd peshawar corp). Whose son was the main target in parade lane mosque. yes, and after the event, he denied to take another extension which was granted to him

the bottom line:

there is a nexus in pakistani army. you have to have the whole nexus changed. a changed COAS will give new problems. All we need is 2 or 3 pro islamist corp commanders and the pro american nexus will collapse.

example 1:

general Petraues is due to change the major general of military intelligence in afghanistan which was appointed by mc crystal

example 2:

any body hear about the 3 coups in 2 years in turkey, because a few generals dont liek the idea of atleast 50 american F 16s on standby at turkish bases

example 3:

the deportaion of DG intelligence as ambassador to UK after 911 and the assassination of two prince , (dont exactly remember names) who were named by abu zubaydah which was caught in Let residence in faisalabad.

---------------------------------------------------

again, the bottom line is clear. its risky to change one man. they need to change the whole chunk. so the solution is that they will let kiyani stay and let him chosse his kids.

------------------------------------------------------------

now , the dirty perception:

why is it all tricky ...why...because the army is bound to do some thing which is not acceptable to general norm...or you can say...dirty work...whats the dirty work thats happening.... you have to imagine it yourself.

Quit posting this nonsense and conspiracy theories, post things with facts and sources, don't come up with such BS again, or you are out of the forum, go to Jihadi forums and paste your lecture there, this is not the place for your this BS.

every one,

just because i am rational, doest mean i am wrong. i challenge you Mr.Taimi Khan, to come up with one line from my post that is incorrect. i will leave the forum myself. but if you commit a mistake, you have to leave the forum!!

make a promise of a man, and accept the challenge for truth.

myself:

i am a 28 years old telecom enginner, i write for newspaper and i have a good career. i have worked in 4 different countries and i have an opinion which is based on hours and hours of reading. i think you hsould respect my comments. Please dont be blindly biased. defence.pk does not mean that pak army is best. No , it does not. Its an area for open discussion free of prejudice.now, you name one of my sentence which you think is invalid . would you do that please.just because any one has more post doesnt mean he has a more valid opinion. we are not runnin martial law here.

every one,

just because i am rational, doest mean i am wrong. i challenge you Mr.Taimi Khan, to come up with one line from my post that is incorrect. i will leave the forum myself. but if you commit a mistake, you have to leave the forum!!

make a promise of a man, and accept the challenge for truth.

myself:

i am a 28 years old telecom enginner, i write for newspaper and i have a good career. i have worked in 4 different countries and i have an opinion which is based on hours and hours of reading. i think you hsould respect my comments. Please dont be blindly biased. defence.pk does not mean that pak army is best. No , it does not. Its an area for open discussion free of prejudice.now, you name one of my sentence which you think is invalid . would you do that please.just because any one has more post doesnt mean he has a more valid opinion. we are not runnin martial law here.

Well people at 50 even with PhDs become nut jobs, so experience is not a criteria to judge someone's smartness and intellect.

For your conspiracy theories, plz open a new thread and post whatever you want there, this is for some other discussion, not for conspiracy theories.

And just to prove you wrong, the Pesh Corps Commander son was not specifically targeted, it was by chance as he was on leave from engineering college. The Masjid got targetted as it was a high value target and military intelligence had already identified this place a possible target. Nor the General rejected another term of extension as he completed his tenure and left. If he had been asked, he would have not rejected, but one year extension is the usual norm and practice in the armed forces.

And do not reply this post on this thread, take it to a separate thread.

I hope this time the message is clear.

Well people at 50 even with PhDs become nut jobs, so experience is not a criteria to judge someone's smartness and intellect.

For your conspiracy theories, plz open a new thread and post whatever you want there, this is for some other discussion, not for conspiracy theories.

And just to prove you wrong, the Pesh Corps Commander son was not specifically targeted, it was by chance as he was on leave from engineering college. The Masjid got targetted as it was a high value target and military intelligence had already identified this place a possible target. Nor the General rejected another term of extension as he completed his tenure and left. If he had been asked, he would have not rejected, but one year extension is the usual norm and practice in the armed forces.

And do not reply this post on this thread, take it to a separate thread.

I hope this time the message is clear.

he was here for shadi, not leaves from university. it was a tragedy. even i could not get out of the shock. reminds me of 1.8 million muslims killed in iraq by the same americans. and when i talk about pro americanism, people tell me to go to a jihadi blog. this is sad.

he was here for shadi, not leaves from university. it was a tragedy. even i could not get out of the shock. reminds me of 1.8 million muslims killed in iraq by the same americans. and when i talk about pro americanism, people tell me to go to a jihadi blog. this is sad.

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: why is it so hard for you to understand ?? I am telling you to take your this nonsense to another thread, you have derailed this thread and still trying to do it. Open a new thread and then discuss whatever you want, this is not the thread for that. Why can't you understand this simple thing ?????

We have pro-american and much more anti-american members on this exact forum, i among the anti ones myself, but it doesn't means you come into a thread and start posting nonsense, open a proper thread and then do discussions with other members, but quit derailing this thread.

This time plz get the message and don't make it hard on yourself.

Yeah, but Lt Gen Sikander was given extension so that he completes his foreign posting, not to get him into the race of being a COAS, even though he may be the most senior, but he is still a batch mate of Lt Gen Khalid Wayne.

Secondly, his chances are low, as in early 2012 he will have to get retired as he would be reaching the age of 60, so not a very suitable candidate.

The COAS is employed by the President for a fixed 3 years term regardless of the retirement age. for example, one can become the COAS at any pre -retirement age and still complete the full 3 years term.
However, my assumption of Lt Gen Afzal is not based on speculation but the fact that he is more acceptable to our NATO partners which is a big criteria to become the COAS in present days. He was given extension keeping this factor in mind as well as for the mission at Gen Kayani's recommendation. Anyway, all this will be clear in October.

The commander in chief (what an irony ??) of the Pakistan's armed forces (i-e President of Pakistan ...irony??) may appoint someone from Zardari clan (after renaming 'Zardari' to 'Bhutto' ) if he was free to do so... But that ain't his pie ...thankfully

Before giving any opinion please keep in mind, Pakistan is a terror effected country, Pakistan is passing through an abnormal state of affairs around its borders, and army insitution is facing threats of internal and external agressions with international presssures. There are conspiracy theories. Enemies are planning expansionizm and control over the region. Army leadership is doing well. I hope Mr. Kiyani shall be given two years extension to meet the growing challenges looming over the country.

Back
Top Bottom