What's new

Why does Pakistan Army use G3

The PK 8 is being considered as the next weapon for the army .. but the g3 is gonna stay with the army for a very long time.. it is battle proven.. close quaters the g3 is more of a liability but that is what sidearms are for.. do PA soldiers carry sidearms??

G-3 is no good for CQB, but unfortunately you can't smash someone's skull in with an M-4 (you're likely to break the damn thing) but with AK-47/Type-56 and G-3 it can be done. The best bet for CQB is a SMG, whichever one it is but then it has range issues. Well, they do say you can’t have everything in life…

One thing I know about G3 is that its not just an assault rifle but a more powerful battle rifle which can penetrate level III body armor without any AP bullets.

I would like to correct you that the standard 7.62x51mm round does not defeat a certified Level III insert.

FYI... one of the trickiest round to defeat is the 7.62x39mm steel core.

The PK 8 is being considered as the next weapon for the army .. but the g3 is gonna stay with the army for a very long time.. it is battle proven.. close quaters the g3 is more of a liability but that is what sidearms are for.. do PA soldiers carry sidearms??

Only officers, But I think now most officers just carry MP's .

i think Pakistan should buy new G 3 version and famas and aug for full scale purchase for armed forces and give G 3 to police and sell old AK 47 to srilankns or blangladesh

G3 & it's 7.62x51mm have made their mark in history there is no doubt to that.

In view of the contemporary situation, warfare now has become more dynamic as compared to the conventional wars of the past. We do not have the typical war scenario anymore with armies facing each other at thier respective positions and at full throttle with each other. Now it's all about guirella warfare, small patrols and smaller group of insurgents, terrorists fighting & fleeing, combat in an urban environment & close quarters etc.

Instead of just replacing the rifle from the very outset, POF should come up with something like a G3A4. There should be piccatiny rails with optics, collapsible stocks, and more magazine capacity.

i think Pakistan should buy new G 3 version and famas and aug for full scale purchase for armed forces and give G 3 to police and sell old AK 47 to srilankns or blangladesh

G3 cannot be adapted for urban environment therefore shouldnt be given to the police.

AUG although way before it's time is a fine weapon but is prone to magazine problems if used in our environment.

HK G36 is a much much better option than a FAMAS.

i think this video might help u can see the g3 doesn't have that fire power

Last edited by a moderator:
It also states that the weapon(G3) is particularly rugged.

if you get hit with a 5.56, your more likely to survive and be a "burden" for your comrades, they will have to carry you around etc. 7.62mm is more likely to cause severe damage and kill you, if your retreating or moving forward, you might have to leave your boys behind.

i guss, its more of the late 60s, 70s, militry mind frame!
g-3 was a powerfull weapon , & in those days , it brought a feeling of power!

still, its the best , but surly we need more light wieght assult gun?
lets, wait & see PK-8, hope fully it will bound to fullfill the modern day requirments.

The NATO standard as previously was 7.62 mm, now it has been changed (5.56mm). The primary aim being to increase the logistic load of the enemy-'i am not leaving behind a comrade' thing.

But as we have already adapted 7.62 and are also locally producing it so its not going to change in near future as far as i can understand.

The G-3 can be used as:
A standard assault rifle

Sniper rifle (with telescope)

MG (while on bipot)

Anti tank (the Energa grenade) though not used extensively due to commonly sensed reasons.

In my opinion it is bad CQB weapon, especially for room clearance/entry etc etc.

MP5 and SMG Chinese are guud alternatives.

Given a choice i'll go for the MP5 before i enter a room stuffed with terrorists.

Someone pointed out that G-3 has a problem when fired automatically, well even the MP5 gives you some thrust of you are firing long burst with it and ofocurse it is difficult to fire G-3 at Rapid continuously, that's why the bipot is there. Use it properly on MG role.

And yes the fiber glass body is 'hot':D:smitten:

The NATO standard as previously was 7.62 mm, now it has been changed (5.56mm). The primary aim being to increase the logistic load of the enemy-'i am not leaving behind a comrade' thing.

But as we have already adapted 7.62 and are also locally producing it so its not going to change in near future as far as i can understand.

The G-3 can be used as:
A standard assault rifle

Sniper rifle (with telescope)

MG (while on bipot)

Anti tank (the Energa grenade) though not used extensively due to commonly sensed reasons.

In my opinion it is bad CQB weapon, especially for room clearance/entry etc etc.

MP5 and SMG Chinese are guud alternatives.

Given a choice i'll go for the MP5 before i enter a room stuffed with terrorists.

Someone pointed out that G-3 has a problem when fired automatically, well even the MP5 gives you some thrust of you are firing long burst with it and ofocurse it is difficult to fire G-3 at Rapid continuously, that's why the bipot is there. Use it properly on MG role.

And yes the fiber glass body is 'hot':D:smitten:

not to mention the huge export market! lots of $$$:enjoy:

Does any one know if POF is making PK-8 variants that have folding or telescopic buttstock because that would help in FIBUA

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom