What's new

Why dont India play China's own game. Give missiles and sophisticated arms to taiwan.

No offence to our Indian friends and fellow members, but India is not mature enough to do any such thing at the moment. To even attempt such an act would be comparable to shooting ones self in the foot.

Can you kindly teach me a thing or two about the politics behind it?

Actually, India did this before. In 1959, they sent the tibetans to US for CIA training and then flew them back to China. And we all know what happened next.

The Indian Government is always trying to undermine China by stirring up separatist movements in Tibet. They use the Dalai lama (an old man) like a political tool for their own ends.

Nothing new.

Indian Government is always trying to undermine China by stirring up separatist movements in Tibet. They use the Dalai lama like a pawn in their games.

Nothing new.

India isnt involved in anti China activities in Tibet .From where did yu get this idea from!!!!

Can you kindly teach me a thing or two about the politics behind it?

But of course, it is very simple really. Without going into too much depth, India needs stability (She is focusing on technological and economic development on a wholesale scale) that is her USP.

India is also a very coy and shrewd political player and veteran in the international political arena. She known’s that it is in her best interest to bide her time.

At this important juncture in her history, when the government is eying an UNSC seat and improved cooperation on nuclear energy with western nations...

Any hostile move could disrupt the balance, New Delhi knows this. They know that in the long run, the bigger loser would be India. Any such bold "Caviller" moves are still a long, long way away.

The Indian Government is always trying to undermine China by stirring up separatist movements in Tibet. They use the Dalai lama (now an old man) like a political tool for their own ends.

Nothing new.

Dalai Lama is a political refugee in our nation .Like the United States it is mandatory by law to provide refugee status to civilians who face certain insecurity and probable violence in their nation .Theres nothing we can do against our own constitution.Being refugee in India he also has all Indian citizen rights including free speechTheres nothing we can do even if he criticizes Manmohan Singh

India isnt involved in anti China activities in Tibet .From where did yu get this idea from!!!!

The Dalai lama tried to overthrow Chinese rule in 1959.

They were defeated and fled to INDIA where they are supported by the Indian government... even though they are known separatists to China.

They continue to plot unrest and civil disorder from their headquarters within India.

The Dalai lama tried to overthrow Chinese rule in 1959.

They were defeated and fled to INDIA where they are supported by the Indian government... even though they are known separatists to China.

Dude with all due respect dont tell me a gang of buddhist monks created a national security issue in your country.You could have probably stopped them with your eyes blindfolded and one arm tied to the back

Dalai Lama is a political refugee in our nation .Like the United States it is mandatory by law to provide refugee status to civilians who face certain insecurity and probable violence in their nation .Theres nothing we can do against our own constitution.Being refugee in India he also has all Indian citizen rights including free speechTheres nothing we can do even if he criticizes Manmohan Singh

I have some strong feeling about this comment. By the same token, Pakistan should do nothing to the terrorist bombing India, operating out of Pakistan.

]

just fly to 14:30 for that particular information.

But I strongly recommend all the members to watch the whole video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude with all due respect dont tell me a gang of buddhist monks created a national security issue in your country.You could have probably stopped them with your eyes blindfolded and one arm tied to the back

In 1959 China was very weak. We had WW2... in which 20 million Chinese died, then we had the Civil war which was just as bad. Then the Communists and Chairman Mao tried to starve us all.

India only attacks us when we are weak.

India harbours separatists and secessionists to China. So why should Pakistan not do the same for people who cause trouble to India??

I have some strong feeling about this comment. By the same token, Pakistan should do nothing to the terrorist bombing India, operating out of Pakistan.

I f you truly believe that the terrorists are refugees in your country go ahead and protect them.I wish you good luck(no sacarsam, i truly mean it).

]YouTube - Inside Story- India and China's border bother- 17 Sep 09

just fly to 14:30 for that particular information.

But I strongly recommend all the members to watch the whole video.

Good video, I recommend everyone watches at 14:30.

It clearly shows that India supports separatist movements in Tibet to hurt China.

We all knew this already but it's good to have a video for easier access to information for people who don't read much about such historical issues.

Good video, I recommend everyone watches at 14:30.

It clearly shows that India supports separatist movements in Tibet to hurt China.

We all knew this already but it's good to have a video for easier access to information for people who don't read much about such historical issues.

That is not my point!

My point is forget about Dala Lama and forget about 1962, just look forward.

That is not my point!

My point is forget about Dala Lama and forget about 1962, just look forward.

I agree, I always said we should forget about the Dalai lama because he is an old man now.

But it's important to remember historical issues and realise that aggression is never one-sided. 1962 did not come out of thin air, both sides need to understand why there are problems.

Back
Top Bottom