What's new

Why Punjabis in Pakistan Have Abandoned Punjabi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punjabis of India are not fully Punjabi by race either, they are mixed with Gujuratis, etc. That is also reflected in their language which is contrived and artificially altered, and also their phenotype. When Sikhism vanished due to Sultan Aurangzeb's actions against them, Hindus repopulated the few Sikhs using their first born sons. British official patronage brought Sikhs fully back from obscurity. Then after the fall of Sikh empire, Sikhs were again confined to only East Punjab. Their culture has been in decline ever since. 1947 and 1984 did not help them. Now Modi is putting the death nail into their identity and tagging them as anti-state.

These Indians are coming on the forum and deriding original Punjab of Pakistan (IVC heartland containing Harrapa, Taxilla, and ancient cities like Lahore, Multan, etc.) All major poets of the past were from Pakistani Punjab. Most of the majors rivers flow in Punjab, including the most important, the Indus. The folktales of Punjab such as Heer Ranjha, Sohni Mahiwal, Sassu Punnu, Mirza Sahiban, etc. took place on Pakistani Punjab soil.

hor Parosiyan sannu kehnde ne, sannu punjabi ni ondi. L'hor de mashoor mahavira ey, "jinne L'hor wekheya ni, o jamia ni."

Sannu to yoo lagda ye, bharti zinda mareez kullu jamey ni

shayd koi pakistani punjabi inn galiyaan de nikke nu ghar te karak khaan de. Sona ey, Bhart te karak sahi ni milda, ithey aa key bheeg mangne ande aa.
Yara I beg to differ on this. Chad ina gallan nu. Aun sano koi faraq nai peenda. Sadai rah alag ho gaye nai tai ina hon nai jurna kadi v. Dafa kar. Na waqt zaya kar ina socha tai.

Ok on this. Let me put this in a less confrontational and condescending tone than my brethren. The Language was/ is same (is changing) but will it continue that way? They have been diverging because the lack of contact between 2 Punjabs and influences from surrounding areas and languages to varying degrees. The vocabulary, expressions, pronunciations etc are very slowly but steadily changing. This has been going on for the last 70+ years and will continue to do so. Second reason is the script. Which means 2 very different streams of literature which the other will not understand unless one hears it. This side of border we have ABSOLUTE no incentive of learning the other and from what i have learned from internet and interaction, in the east exist some people that do know our script either by explicitly learning it or implicitly by learning Urdu, albeit a small one.
So we both can understand each other perfectly well today, it very well might not be the case tomorrow. Even today if you knew Punjabi you would know that there are pretty much multiple words for same thing. Some in use on one side while the otherside uses the other. Difference today is that atleast majority of current generations knows both those words. Future generations will not. The difference becomes significant the further East/West you move.
This will go down the same route as Hindi and Urdu. Maybe then we can have these fights. At the moment i would say different dialects.
In nutshell they are not entirely wrong and you not entirely right. I admit my bias here in saying ours the proper one:p:. Also on founder of sikhism. Who gives a ShIT.

I don't know why it is so difficult to understand that languages can be similar yet different. Brazilian Portuguese is different than Mozambique Portuguese and Mandarin is different from provinces to provinces.

Who is this pak-marine, is he Indian? I noticed he has -23 ratings also.

Could be an indian false flagger or one of those Pakistanis whose judgement and way of thinking has been badly affected by external anti-Pakistani, anti-Muslim propaganda/lies that has been propagated via anti-state media outlets like the dawn group or geo news.

What the article in the OP fails to consider is that the Pakistani Punjabi culture, heritage and our Islamic faith makes us completely different to indian Punjabis in every way apart from language albeit a different dialect. Therefore you CANNOT judge Pakistani Punjabis in the same way you judge indian Punjabis as both are vastly different to one another.

bhartis are parasitic by nature. They appropriate culture and language then claim it as their own. They are already populating Indian Punjab with bhaiyaas and trying to race mix while reducing the indigenous native Punjabis.

I don't know why it is so difficult to understand that languages can be similar yet different. Brazilian Portuguese is different than Mozambique Portuguese and Mandarin is different from provinces to provinces.

The thing is that we Pakistani Punjabis can only understand and relate to the elderly sikh babas because they actually came from this side of Punjab. As for the new generation, it’s even harder to listen to their music let alone speak with them. Punjabi has evolved with both Punjabs heading in different directions.

It is the cost they have payed for ruling the country.

Yara I beg to differ on this. Chad ina gallan nu. Aun sano koi faraq nai peenda. Sadai rah alag ho gaye nai tai ina hon nai jurna kadi v. Dafa kar. Na waqt zaya kar ina socha tai.

enna nu auqat ch rakhan da sub ton vadiya tariqa ey.

What the article in the OP fails to consider is that the Pakistani Punjabi culture, heritage and our Islamic faith makes us completely different to indian Punjabis in every way apart from language albeit a different dialect. Therefore you CANNOT judge Pakistani Punjabis in the same way you judge indian Punjabis as both are vastly different to one another.

More apt comparison is the one between ethnic Kashmiris and Gujurati Pandits. I am sure Kashmiri brothers know exactly what credentials these Pandits have.

Same applies to Indian Punjabis, who are mixed with the same Gujuratis.

bhartis are parasitic by nature. They appropriate culture and language then claim it as their own. They are already populating Indian Punjab with bhaiyaas and trying to race mix while reducing the indigenous native Punjabis.

Actually Indian Punjabis are losing their culture due to Indian onslaught and cultural warfare on them.

Pakistani Punjab has been pretty much been consistently the Punjabi heartland for thousands of years. It is both the origin and the most sophisticated linguistic, cultural region for Punjabi.

The hostile response from our Punjabi people is understandable, you indians are trying to insult us by saying we don't know our culture.

You cannot buy food in Punjab from stalls and tangey aley without speaking Punjabi, yet these Indians think Punjabi is on decline in Pakistan.

7f3f39229f97e6e0d41d0e3c355d0411.jpg

villages-of-punjab-pakistan-.jpg

d9c20a0be9b761f7c9084c4d8b4187ef.jpg

IMG_3300-copy-3.jpg

Where is this lost culture, Bhartiyooooo?

enna nu auqat ch rakhan da sub ton vadiya tariqa ey.

More apt comparison is the one between ethnic Kashmiris and Gujurati Pandits. I am sure Kashmiri brothers know exactly what credentials these Pandits have.

Same applies to Indian Punjabis, who are mixed with the same Gujuratis.

Modern day Pakistani Punjabis are mixed with those ethnicities and races to the West of our region wheras indian Punjabis are mixed with East and South indian ethnicities and tribes who outnumber them 20:1. Hence modern day Pakistani Punjabis are now racially and genetically different to indian Punjabis.

Modern day Pakistani Punjabis are mixed with those ethnicities and races to the West of our region wheras indian Punjabis are mixed with East and South indian ethnicities and tribes who outnumber them 20:1. Hence modern day Pakistani Punjabis are now racially and genetically different to indian Punjabis.

Pukhtoons, Kashmiris, Baloch, and Sindhis are related to Punjabis as all fall within IVC region historically, but as for Gujuratis and other Indians, they are a foreign race.

If Sikhs stayed with Pakistan, they would be a more pure race, but Congress convinced them to massacre 1 million Muslims to steal 7 Muslim majority regions of East Punjab (which I am from two of those.)

You cannot buy food in Punjab from stalls and tangey aley without speaking Punjabi, yet these Indians think Punjabi is on decline in Pakistan.

7f3f39229f97e6e0d41d0e3c355d0411.jpg

villages-of-punjab-pakistan-.jpg

d9c20a0be9b761f7c9084c4d8b4187ef.jpg

IMG_3300-copy-3.jpg

Where is this lost culture, Bhartiyooooo?

indians think we have lost our Punjabi culture because we are so different to them. What they don't realize is that Pakistani Punjabis are completely different to indian Punjabis in EVERY way apart from language. But even then, we both speak different dialects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom