What's new

Why there are no powerful Punjabi Muslims from History?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death Rattle

BANNED
Reaction score
No general, no subedar, no thanedar, no wazir, no bakhshi of the Mughal empire was a Punjabi Muslim.
Even if this is wrong there are only two Punjabi Muslims named in Mughal texts. The first is Kamaal Khan Gakkhar, who submitted (without fighting) to Akbar in 1576, according to Akbarnama. The second is Jalal Khan Gakkhar, an old man named among the victims by Jahangir in a skirmish with Afghans in 1620. A third reference is indirect, the name of the author of Shah Jahan’s Padishahnama is Shaikh Abdul Hamid “Lahori”. The Ain-e-Akbari has one joint reference to Janjuas and Awans, calling them tribes conquered by Afghans. There are of course Punjabi Hindus (mainly Khatris) who fought for the Mughals with distinction. Like Todar Mal, who led the sapping at the siege of Chittorgarh against the Sisodiya Rajputs, and also settled the revenue system for Akbar. Maathir ul Umara says Todar Mal was born in Lahore, though British scholars thought this was Laharpur in Awadh.
Courtesy:AP.

It is true that historically when Islamic invasions happened on India they found no resistance in Punjab on their way to Delhi.

Most muslim rulers were outsiders, thats why.

Reactions: EAK
It's funny how Muslim invaders from Afghanistan and Uzbekistan found little or no resistance from places like Punjab ( both Pakistani and Indian parts ) as well as Haryana during their invasions.

Both these regions are jatt/jaat and gujjar dominated . These people are known to be strong and fighters. Even today that is the case.In fact the invaders found much more resistance from Rajputs of Rajasthan.

Anyway, Raja Puru (Porus) , the rulers of Sikh empire and Bhagat Singh have saved the Punjabi pride somewhat if you look at history.

perhaps they are peaceful @Armstrong..
any comments???

Last edited by a moderator:
perhaps they are peaceful @Armstrong..
any comments???

Pataaa nahin yaaar thats something thats bothered me as well ! I have a couple of books in my local Library, a 4 volume addition on the History of Punjab, that had must touch upon this aswell; unfortunately even a single one of them are at least 3 inches thick - Touuu mereiii tou wahaan hiii paseeeneiii chooot gaiii ! :omghaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pataaa nahin yaaar thats something thats bothered me as well ! I have a couple of books in my local Library, a 4 volume addition on the History of Punjab, that had must touch upon this aswell; unfortunately even a single one of them are at least 3 inches thick - Touuu mereiii tou wahaan hiii paseeeneiii chooot gaiii ! :omghaha:

Chor de yaar tere se nai hoga :rofl:

I think punjabi muslims were mercineries who were hired by other kingdoms during war. They were hired in large numbers by the British.

I am observing this thread for any racial flaming and this may end up closed.
However there is an odd irony.
The region did infact play passageway to all invasions from Alexander to Babur..
Yet, it was the region that suffered the most during partition and has the greatest "enmity" factor between the two sides of the border.

I am observing this thread for any racial flaming and this may end up closed.

May be this thread is hurting the Punjabi sentiments especially the other side of the border, reason for close observation :woot:

history and geography is interesting. ..

May be this thread is hurting the Punjabi sentiments especially the other side of the border, reason for close observation :woot:

Has little to do with Punjabi sentiments.. It targets a race and I despise racism. WE all make fun of Sardarjis and Pathans and Iyers and so on with jokes. But where bigotry steps in its time to quell it.

And you seem to be suggesting that there are no Punjabi Muslims in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom