What's new

Why there are no powerful Punjabi Muslims from History?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some books in Urdu about different tribes in Pakistan with fountains of information.

What the hell do Indians know?

I mean most of you Pakistani kids never probably seen a library in Pakistan, but if you walk across one make sure to go in and check it out.

Jatts have their unique history like Awans do as well.

Jatts were originally atheist people that were oppressed by Raja Dahir.

They joined Muhammad Bin Qasim's army and some eventually converted.

Every people have their history.

You won't find it funny if you look at it from geographical and majority's profession perspective. Punjab is a flat land with dominant majority associated with farming. Neither the regions geography provides any support to warring activity nore the general profession, and by nature Punjabis are not inclined towards creating controversies and conflicts, they are hard working people with good sense of humor and enjoy life.

Elaborate on the bold part if you can please .

I m a Punjabi myself but I dont see things from ethnic point of view. But I will say this.

Punjabis are the time serving people. Their gallantry, bravery and their loyalty is always up for sale. Punjabis by race are fighting people fit for military. They have always been like that. They were in large numbers in Mughal armies. When the British started taking over, the largest ethnic group of locals in their armies were Punjabis. They fought for their new masters against the old.

History is evident when the seize was laid of Dehli in 1857, East India Company conscripts from west of Delhi, the Punjabis played a major part in bringing down the rebellion, which was for the just cause.

Punjabis cant achieve greatness because they have always been faithful to prevailing or rising power. By nature they are not anti status quo. Thats why you will never see Punjabis in the realm of eternal history like you might Afghans or Pathans.

They are martial race no doubt and that why you see them in Army in huge numbers, both in India and in Pakistan. I wish I have not offended anyone.

It has everything to with Sufi Saint influence. Most of Punjabis became Muslim because of saints so they became more spiritual and never wanted to conquer anybody else. Even the Sikhs were originally all about the love and harmony between everyone until they were militarized due to bigotry from Mughal leaders. Also if you read up on Punjab unlike in other states of the subcontinent there was no RIGID caste system like system which kept a group of Punjabis repressed. Under ranjit singh all punjabis looked exactly the same and Europeans noted that all punjabis wore turbans and had a beard so there was a oneness to the group. That is not to say Punjabi Muslims chose not to fight at all, in fact there were many Punjabi soldiers in the Mughal, Afghan, and even Sikh armies. However there was no political motivation so there was no instance of a powerful Punjabi Muslim rising up to take power (I believe the op means powerful punjabi muslim leaders??) as Punjabi Muslims did not care who was in charge of the throne of Delhi as long as they left them be.

Elaborate on the bold part if you can please .

Punjab has always been best for farming because of the land. Meanwhile the people who are considered conquerors are from dry mountainous or desert type areas etc.

Due to less resources they became warlike and fought for resources from among st themselves and others.

Punjab has had several notable punjabis muslims from the likes of dullah bhatti to rai kharal,rai bhoe bhatti,nawan qaimkhani and so on... Pakistani muslims also took several VCs durin world wars... infact the first reciepient of vc was a Punjabi muslim aswell from jhelum...

As per the recorded history of my family, Im a punjabi with with Arab roots, as my ancestors were the 'invaders' who defeated Raja Daahir and then went all the way to Multan. Many of them setteled in between. So, i don't know which side to take here. :confused:

It has everything to with Sufi Saint influence. Most of Punjabis became Muslim because of saints so they became more spiritual and never wanted to conquer anybody else. Even the Sikhs were originally all about the love and harmony between everyone until they were militarized due to bigotry from Mughal leaders. Also if you read up on Punjab unlike in other states of the subcontinent there was no RIGID caste system like system which kept a group of Punjabis repressed. Under ranjit singh all punjabis looked exactly the same and Europeans noted that all punjabis wore turbans and had a beard so there was a oneness to the group. That is not to say Punjabi Muslims chose not to fight at all, in fact there were many Punjabi soldiers in the Mughal, Afghan, and even Sikh armies. However there was no political motivation so there was no instance of a powerful Punjabi Muslim rising up to take power (I believe the op means powerful punjabi muslim leaders??) as Punjabi Muslims did not care who was in charge of the throne of Delhi as long as they left them be.

I think this is the best answer.
Punjabi are known for farming, and as long as the rulers in Delhi left them alone they didn't care who was in charge.
Of course it didn't hurt that the rulers in Delhi were mostly Muslims and so there was no ideological difference.

As per the recorded history of my family, Im a punjabi with with Arab roots, as my ancestors were the 'invaders' who defeated Raja Daahir and then went all the way to Multan. Many of them setteled in between. So, i don't know which side to take here. :confused:

O pa ye gal punjabi musalmano keh bare vich hai, raja daahir ka kii talaq?

What is your "baraderii" lol?

I think this is the best answer.
Punjabi are known for farming, and as long as the rulers in Delhi left them alone they didn't care who was in charge.
Of course it didn't hurt that the rulers in Delhi were mostly Muslims and so there was no ideological difference.

Thanks mate. :cheers:

Yes I agree about the Delhi bit.

It doesn't work like that? It's a gradual process?

And if you mean when were Muslims recorded to be in majority in Punjab for the first time? No one can answer that since they didn't have any censuses in those days :P

I understand that, i just wanted to know a tentative likely timeline. People with knowledge of history of that region could have a rough idea.

@KingMamba93

A vast majority of Punjabi and Sindhi Muslims are Sufi Muslims and don't like wars. Some idiots are taking that as a "weakness" in the context of the bull crap concept of a "martial race". If you ask me, they have done quite well WITHOUT fighting and killing fellow humans. Both sides of punjab are quite rich and prosperous, should i take their "inherent non violence, non martial racehood" status to be a super strong cultural defensive mechanism?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom