What's new

World's cheapest car- Nano car bursts into flames !!!

Actually, most of the cars are manufactured under license by Indus Motors as for the choice restriction, I don't really think so, Every model available in India is also available in Pakistan only with a different name.
Suzuki Maruti800 becomes Mehran800
SX5 becomes Liana
Honda City remains City........
i10 is sold here as Santro Club............

This is good information.

we all love our maruti800. its actually the first car for every indian before they move up the segment. nice to know pakistan has also got the same.
its really good in city traffics and has a healthy mileage.

AZADPAKISTAN2009...next time when i come to Pakistan you lend me your sohrab lol or you have bmx but hell i wouldn't want to ride it in July.

your special cycle AZADPAKISTAN2009

If the girl is free with the by-cycle then i .............:agree:

This is good information.

we all love our maruti800. its actually the first car for every indian before they move up the segment. nice to know pakistan has also got the same.
its really good in city traffics and has a healthy mileage.

Same here buddy, Mehran is usually the first step after the leap from motorbikes or scooters...............
And it gives great mileage on petrol, even better on CNG..................

High-end taxi service manager says she has gotten rid of all the Tata models in her fleet because they need too much repair work

Friday, March 26, 2010
MUMBAI: Satish Sawant was proudly driving his first car home from the showroom: A brand-new silver Tata Nano, draped with a celebratory garland of marigolds. Then there was smoke.

And then there was fire. Minutes after the software engineer’s wife and five-year-old son clambered out of the back seat, smoke from the engine, located in the Nano’s rear, erupted into flames that engulfed the tiny car.

His ordeal showed just the latest problem with the low-cost Nano raising fresh questions about safety and quality as top Indian carmaker Tata Motors sets its sights on global expansion and aims to ramp up production of the Nano with a new factory next month.

“My wife now doesn’t want to buy any car,” Sawant said by phone from his home in northern Mumbai on Thursday.

“She doesn’t even want to go for a Mercedes.” Starting around $2,500, the Nano has been heralded as the world’s cheapest car.

Tata Motors spokesman Debasis Ray said the company is investigating the incident but believes it to be a one-off problem rather than the result of faulty design or manufacture.

“We believe it was a one-off stray incident,” he said. “It did catch fire.

We’re trying to figure out what may have caused it.” Tata has offered Sawant a replacement Nano or a refund.

This is not the first time there have been customer complaints about the Nano. Last fall, three customers in India complained that their Nanos started smoking.

Tata Motors attributed that to a faulty electrical switch and said it had changed suppliers and done additional tests to rule out a recall or redesign.

Ray said on Thursday that the incidents are not related.

The switch problem, he said, “has been comprehensively addressed.” “Safety has never been an issue with Tata cars,” he added.

“They are one of the safest cars on Indian roads.” But some say the Nano’s smoke and fire problems are symptomatic of pervasive quality control issues at India’s number three carmaker.

“As of today, is Tata good enough to take on the world? I would say no,” said Deepesh Rathore, an auto analyst at IHS Global Insight in New Delhi. “On quality standards, Tata barely makes the cut.

“There are fewer than 30,000 Nanos on the road today.

"Uruvashi Shah, manager of Ashapura Travel World, which runs a high-end taxi service, said she has gotten rid of all the Tata models in her fleet because they needed too much repair work. She prefers Toyota.

Nano car bursts into flames

anything made by Suzuki is junk straight out of the factory......

So is that Why Pakistan does not manufacture cars? wow, how sweet of you guys, btw , TATA is not the only car manufaturer in the world.... And its not the first car to catch fire.

Pakistan does manufacture cars. Did you do some looking around or are ill-informed responses now your default choice?

Pak Automobile Industry 1980’s onward For the mentally challenged:

Privatization & entry of private sector 1980.

MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS
Progressive manufacturing of cars under Deletion Programme since 1980.

VEHICLES
Suzuki, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Santro, Kia, Cuore, Revo and Chevrolet cars.

COMPANY
PACO, Pak Suzuki Motors, Indus Motors, Honda Atlas Cars and Dewan Farooq Motors, Adam Motors, Nexus Auto.

Adam Motors is selling Revo 800 and Revo 1050 CC with and without cng both.
Honda Pakistan is locally manufacturing their Honda City 1.3 ltrs and 1.5 steermatic and they also launched there latest civic 1.8 with v-tech engine technology.
Hyundai Pakistan is selling its 1000 cc Santro in different styles, exec, Gv and Econo with there best selling pick-up truck name Shahzore H-100.
Kia Motors was selling its Kia Classic coupe few years back but it was unsuccessful and now they are only selling its Kia Sportage 4x4 truck.
Master Motors is sister concern of master foam and they are selling there loader pick-up called master grande, econo & forland.
Mitsubishi Pakistan is manufacturing and selling there lancer in 1.3 & 1.6 ltr versions in both Manual and Automatic Transmission.
QQ is Chinese company and selling its comfortable version of Cherry with 800 cc engine.
Suzuki is one of the largest Japanese car manufacturing company running in Pakistan. They have a very long list of there locally manufactured vehicles i.e. Suzuki Mehran 800 cc, Suzuki Cultus 1000 cc, Suzuki Liana 1300 / 1600 cc, Suzuki Bolan 800 cc, Suzuki Ravi 800 cc pick-up & Suzuki Potohar 4x4 jeep.
Toyota Indus Motors are major key player in Pakistani automobile industry. They are manufacturing Toyota Corolla 1300, 1800 & 2000 CC cars for local market. They are also manufacturing hilux pick-up truck for loading with 2400 cc engine.

MOD EDIT: How will using such words help you in presenting your argument? please avoid next time

Apparently, this aint Nano's first rodeo either:

Nano catches fire in Delhi & Lucknow in 09:

Last edited by a moderator:
:yahoo:

9e780a2eab19763c1c63fea6886fe094.jpg

members club is a better place for such topics. therefore im moving this thread

Back
Top Bottom