What's new

Dubai - United Arab Emirates (Feast your eyes)

Bro, what is the language used in UAE company (including the state owned ones) ? Arabic or English ?

Government Entities correspondence , presentations , lectures and dealings are officially in Arabic. However, English is commonly used too since many expatriates work in government Entities.

I have friends working with me (government) who are from

1-US
2-PAKISTAN
3-INDIA
4-PHILIPPINES
5-SPAIN
6-SINGAPORE
7-UK
.........etc , so switching back and forth between Arabic and English is very normal and common practice. Also, part of my teams task is to prepare educational material for engineers, and its always in these two languages (so a presentation that should last 1 hour, lasts double that because after finishing it in Arabic, we switch to English)

In the private sector and everyday life in the street (shops , grocery stores , malls , restaurants) All English
UAE in general, wouldn't mind if its Abu Dhabi & Dubai, i am well versed with Dubai and have been to Abu Dhabi once or twice only

The UAE is a small country. in my personal opinion , also apply for places like

Fujairah
ras a khaimah
um al quwain
al ain
liwa

they are all between 1 hour and 2:30 hours from Dubai only. And you will rarely find established groups of people "usually" from the same ethnic background allowing people in or out like a club ! in the areas i mentioned above, you can start , grow , establish yourself , make a name for yourself , and they will be asking you to join them in Dubai and Abu Dhabi and Sharjah , since these cities are saturated with experienced people who know the culture , people and language to a degree and cannot accommodate a newbie so to speak.

again, what i am saying is not carved in stone , continue applying everywhere but also apply to the smaller cities and town too

Last edited:
Government Entities correspondence , presentations , lectures and dealings are officially in Arabic. However, English is commonly used too since many expatriates work in government Entities.

I have friends working with me (government) who are from

1-US
2-PAKISTAN
3-INDIA
4-PHILIPPINES
5-SPAIN
6-SINGAPORE
7-UK
.........etc , so switching back and forth between Arabic and English is very normal and common practice. Also, part of my teams task is to prepare educational material for engineers, and its always in these two languages (so a presentation that should last 1 hour, lasts double that because after finishing it in Arabic, we switch to English)

In the private sector and everyday life in the street (shops , grocery stores , malls , restaurants) All English

Edit: I will ask you later bro in Arabic chitchat. Let this thread focus more on scenes

Last edited:
That graph was an eye opener for me as well !

Then after that I had to do a double take at the pics of the Dubai Frame! Holy cow! I never knew that existed even if it's been very recently completed (I think 2018) but the concept of the design and size of the.........building? Can we call it that? Because despite the two sides having only elevators and they go straight to the top, horizontal floor and roof mostly. Either way, it is fascinating more so because it looks like quite the engineering challenge to put something like this together. Truly amazing.

shutterstock_796228942.jpg

shutterstock_1093335050.jpg

The first pic gives you a better sense of the size of the frame. Really great.

Dubai%2Bframe%2Bbottom%2Bup%2Bview.jpg

Then after that I had to do a double take at the pics of the Dubai Frame! Holy cow! I never knew that existed even if it's been very recently completed (I think 2018) but the concept of the design and size of the.........building? Can we call it that? Because despite the two sides having only elevators and they go straight to the top, horizontal floor and roof mostly. Either way, it is fascinating more so because it looks like quite the engineering challenge to put something like this together. Truly amazing.

The first pic gives you a better sense of the size of the frame. Really great.

Dubai%2Bframe%2Bbottom%2Bup%2Bview.jpg

It is quite large, i was surprised when i went. on the ground floor, you walk into different spaces that take you on a lazer show (very impressive) of the history of the UAE , then you take a huge lift to the top. at the top you have coffee shops and sandwiches , at one side it overlooks "old dubai" and on the opposite side it overlooks New Dubai. Its a fantastic place to take photos, especially after rain fall or winter time when the winds come from the sea (no dust)

It is quite large, i was surprised when i went. on the ground floor, you walk into different spaces that take you on a lazer show (very impressive) of the history of the UAE , then you take a huge lift to the top. at the top you have coffee shops and sandwiches , at one side it overlooks "old dubai" and on the opposite side it overlooks New Dubai. Its a fantastic place to take photos, especially after rain fall or winter time when the winds come from the sea (no dust)

That's great. Is Dubai the only city in the Emirates that has an old Dubai and a relatively newly built city they call New Dubai? The reason I ask is that this might be from where Sisi and company got the idea of building a "New Cairo" with the new administrative capital that is on its way to completion and is quite impressive. I think with Sisi's friendship with both crown princes, Mohammad Bin Zayed and MBS also but perhaps he was influenced from this new Dubai is my strong feeling. It only makes sense.

That's great. Is Dubai the only city in the Emirates that has an old Dubai and a relatively newly built city they call New Dubai? The reason I ask is that this might be from where Sisi and company got the idea of building a "New Cairo" with the new administrative capital that is on its way to completion and is quite impressive. I think with Sisi's friendship with both crown princes, Mohammad Bin Zayed and MBS also but perhaps he was influenced from this new Dubai is my strong feeling. It only makes sense.

There are old and new parts all over the UAE but i would say that yes, Dubai is the only Emirate with a distinct old and new part. Actually , its more like "Old" "new" "ultra modern" :P

Also, i have been to Egypt around 3 years ago and i have been to the new areas around Cairo, very nice indeed. It is a big possibility that Egyptian leadership liked what they saw in Dubai and the UAE in general and will mimic it but at a much larger scale, understandably.

Dubai - Future Museum (not yet opened)

Skyline that matters by Anindo Dey, on Flickr

The Museum Of The Future by VECTOR CIRCLE, on Flickr

shutterstock_1882911964.jpg

ثلاثة اقتباسات لصاحب السمو الشيخ محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم، تزين واجهة المتحف البالغة مساحتها 17 ألف متر مربع. وهي:

"لن نعيش مئات السنين ولكن يمكن أن نبدع شيئاً يستمر لمئات السنين"

"المستقبل سيكون لمن يستطيع تخيله وتصميمه وتنفيذه، المستقبل لا يُنتظر، المستقبل يُمكن تصميمه وبناؤه اليوم"

"سر تجدد الحياة وتطور الحضارة وتقدم البشرية هو في كلمة واحدة: الابتكار"

There are old and new parts all over the UAE but i would say that yes, Dubai is the only Emirate with a distinct old and new part. Actually , its more like "Old" "new" "ultra modern" :P

Also, i have been to Egypt around 3 years ago and i have been to the new areas around Cairo, very nice indeed. It is a big possibility that Egyptian leadership liked what they saw in Dubai and the UAE in general and will mimic it but at a much larger scale, understandably.

I don't think that its a secret that the UAE was a huge friend to Egypt during the very difficult times after the revolution to help it from falling into a failed state and break out into anarchy and civil war and help it secure financial stability in order to get back on its feet. Throughout that process, it appears that Sisi's friendship with Mohammad Zayed al Nahyan and of course, Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has grown to another level. It's really neat to see them together you can tell it's much more than just political heads of state. They really are good friends who look out for one another and then we've seen how that friendship has brought them together in a way where the influences of one has rubbed off on the other. The one here that is quite noticeable is when we look at a lot of the new developments and cities being built in Egypt, we can see the influence from Dubai and Abu Dhabi clearly in many of the designs. And I'm sure the new administrative capital will have a major influence from the architecture of UAE's big cities, no question. Heck even the coastal resorts and the new shoreline cities are clearly influenced by those two cities in the UAE.

Last edited:
I don't think that its a secret that the UAE was a huge friend to Egypt during the very difficult times after the revolution to help it from falling into a failed state and break out into anarchy and civil war and help it secure financial stability in order to get back on its feet. Throughout that process, it appears that Sisi's friendship with Mohammad Zayed al Nahyan and of course, Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has grown to another level. It's really neat to see them together you can tell it's much more than just political heads of state. They really are good friends who look out for one another and then we've seen how that friendship has brought them together in a way where the influences of one has rubbed off on the other. The one here that is quite noticeable is when we look at a lot of the new developments and cities being built in Egypt, we can see the influence from Dubai and Abu Dhabi clearly in many of the designs. And I'm sure the new administrative capital will have a major influence from the architecture of UAE's big cities, no question. Heck even the coastal resorts and the new shoreline cities are clearly influenced by those two cities in the UAE.

The UAE is 49 years old. Egyptians were here before then. Teachers , engineers , technicians, nurses, doctors and Imams. Indians and Pakistanis might be the majority here in the UAE but Egyptians have a special place in every Emiratis heart. The good and the bad , mostly good al hamdulelah.

this goes for ordinary folk like me to the head of states. We all had an Egyptian (Teacher, nurse, professor, doctor, friend, class mate) والنعم فيكم

regarding the influence you noticed. I think EMAAR and MERAAS , UAE developers , are working on the projects in Egypt , which is why they look similar to what you see here. I might be wrong though.

Dubai Trams & Dubai Driver-less Metro

Statistics

Lines1122222222
Kilometres74.6
Trips (Red Line)104,961115,670
Trips (Green Line)93,79594,189
Trips (Total)198,756209,759
Passengers (Red Line)6,892,54438,887,71860,024,79471,914,00088,886,539104,000,000[35]121,000,000[36]121,600,000[2]128,054,000[2]132,400,000[37]
Passengers (Green Line)8,982,25637,576,00048,872,71965,942,000[36]69,708,000[36]69,700,000[2]72,021,000[2]72,000,000[37]
Passengers (Total)6,892,54438,887,71869,007,050109,490,000137,759,258186,942,000[36]190,708,000[36]191,300,000[2]200,075,000[2]204,000,000[37]

shutterstock_1823301815.jpg

shutterstock_1843883401.jpg

The metro line is the highest elevated bridge you see closer to the left side
shutterstock_1865921779.jpg

@Abu Dhabi up until the pandemic started i visited dubai at least 3 times a year for the previous 10 years.
Sheikh Zaid was a visionary who built a country. Subsequently a good job has been done.
Sadly what worries me is all this will be lost due to the policies of the current regime. I hope they stop picking fights globally and select their friends wisely.
People of the Emirates are good tolerant people in general. Ofcourse every society had rotten apples.
Stay safe. Wishing UAE and its people prosperity. Not sure about its current rulers

Photos by A7R
1.JPG

2.JPG

the new building you guys see behind the mosque has a hotel in it that sold to an undisclosed buyer for 203 million US$ (this doesn't include the entire building or the plot or the sky bridge restaurant)

This is prime real-estate. Dubai has come along way. Who wouda-thunk

ok newer articles mention the new owners https://www.evergreenhdg.com/about/

Last edited:
More than the concrete. More than the skyscrapers. More than the 10 lane motorways. I am more impressed by something else. Indeed I am jealous. I notice you have white people half dressed chilling on the beach, I notice blonde lady showing her sexy legs, I notice you have very religious people, I notice you have Israeli Jews chilling, I notice you have ignorant Pakistani's working. Yet despite all this diversity you have peace and tolerance. That is what I respect.

How come nobody is jearing or learing or blowing up those semi-naked women? How come nobody is doing a Daniel Pearl on the Israeli's? How come mullahs have not gathered their mobs and rampaging, blocking the downtown area because they scream "Islam under threat".

That diversity and cosmopolitan culture you have nurtured is what makes UAE a star in the desert. Much respect from a very jealous person because there is no such tolerance or diversity in Pakistan.

@Abu Dhabi

More than the concrete. More than the skyscrapers. More than the 10 lane motorways. I am more impressed by something else. Indeed I am jealous. I notice you have white people half dressed chilling on the beach, I notice blonde lady showing her sexy legs, I notice you have very religious people, I notice you have Israeli Jews chilling, I notice you have ignorant Pakistani's working. Yet despite all this diversity you have peace and tolerance. That is what I respect.

How come nobody is jearing or learing or blowing up those semi-naked women? How come nobody is doing a Daniel Pearl on the Israeli's? How come mullahs have not gathered their mobs and rampaging, blocking the downtown area because they scream "Islam under threat".

That diversity and cosmopolitan culture you have nurtured is what makes UAE a star in the desert. Much respect from a very jealous person because there is no such tolerance or diversity in Pakistan.

@Abu Dhabi
its all because surety of punishment prevent crime.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom