What's new

a Pan-south-asia excursion for members

paritosh

Reaction score
Country
India
While the topic might make it sound like some travel itinerary...it's far from it
On this forum I have realized that most Indians Pakistanis and Bangladeshis suffer from a variety of misconceptions regarding each other....in spite of our sharing borders and close proximity..a lot of information and knowledge of the other countries has been lost in our shared animosities.
Take for example, many Indians don't know about the Hindu population of Pakistan...if they were to be told that there are some good Hindu Pakistani doctors and even a very famous fashion designer....they'd probably not believe it.Same goes for the Pakistanis not imagining the muslims of gujrat liking the rule of Narendra Modi...
Imagine a Pakistani member of the forum comes to India and sees how 'muslim' Delhi is...imagine him holding the history books of the Indian school boards and reading about how we percieve the events in the far yesteryears...
I am of the opinion that through this forum...we should provide for an arrangement so that interested members can visit thee 'enemy' countries and have a valuable first-hand experience.

what say you?

How does one get a visa to go to Pakistan? Have any Indians here been there ever, and if yes could they please share some info? Where are our respective consulates situated? Can you simply board a train/bus and hop over? Are there Customs (I want to pick up loads of biking leathers for myself and friends from there - seems Pakistan is one of the largest suppliers to international brands like Alpine Stars etc.)

Where/which area/city is there no fighting/military action ongoing in Pakistan?

Do Indian rupees work in Pakistan (in shops/hotels/railways etc.)?

Do people understand Hindi there? What is the likely reaction to someone speaking Hindi on the street?

Do Indians here want to get together and go there in a group? Kyun Paritosh bhai, jana hai? :)

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
How does one get a visa to go to Pakistan? Have any Indians here been there ever, and if yes could they please share some info? Where are our respective consulates situated? Can you simply board a train/bus and hop over? Are there Customs (I want to pick up loads of biking leathers for myself and friends from there - seems Pakistan is one of the largest suppliers to international brands like Alpine Stars etc.)

Do people understand Hindi there? What is the likely reaction to someone speaking Hindi on the street?

Do Indians here want to get together and go there in a group? Kyun Paritosh bhai, jana hai? :)

Cheers, Doc
yeah why not mate...I think some Pakistani member might explain how things work in Pakistan and whether it is possible.

Cheers, Doc

Take my mother in law with you. I will get a one way ticket for her !! BTW , she likes Swat ladoos and Buner Khajoors ! Do take her there.

I will give you guys , I love USA T-shirts as a token of my gratitude ! People in Peshawar love it , but only wear them on special occassions like when going to meet tribals ! :no:

Take my mother in law with you. I will get a one way ticket for her !! BTW , she likes Swat ladoos and Buner Khajoors ! Do take her there.

I will give you guys , I love USA T-shirts as a token of my gratitude ! People in Peshawar love it , but only wear them on special occassions like when going to meet tribals ! :no:

Oh please spare me of this BS about Peshawar and T shirts.

This thread was suppose to clear some misconceptions not to create one.

We prefer to wear the traditional dress when we go to tribal areas although T-Shirts are also worn. There is no such silly thing as you mentioned.

And BTW from where your mother-in-law got khajur of Buner :P

And there are many things of Swat famouse but certainly not ladoos.

BTW thanks man we dont need US T-shirts as we have these from China here at very cheap rates :P

@paritosh:

Your thread in itself smells biased.

^^ its another Indian Piece of propoganda.. Paritosh must be a RAW-CIA-Mossad agent and this whole concept is a Indian Army initiative to massacre defence.pk members ;)

Last edited:

Cheers, Doc

:) Ask the Pakistani embbassy for information or Indian for visa information. Just like in India does not accept Pakistani money similarly Indian currency is not accepted generaly here may be some shopkeepers in my city Peshawar might accept out of respect and hospitality for Indians as guests.

But as always you can exchange the money at airport for dollars or Pak rupees.

You can buy leather goods i think there is no customs duty for specific weightage.

If by Hindi you mean the one is spoken in your star plus dramas then well ;) there wont be any surprising reaction. so dont worry.

and oh as far as fighting or militancy well dont worry i can carry you to even tribal areas you wont be feeling afraid trust me.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

^^ its another Indian Piece of propoganda.. Paritosh must be a RAW-CIA-Mossad agent and this whole concept is a Indian Army initiative to massacre defence.pk members ;)

ah dont worry we are not that easy to be massacred ;)

@paritosh:

I don't get..I read it again...don't you think that there is some sort of an 'iron-curtain' between India and Pakistan?
my friend has stayed in Pakistan for quite some time...his dad was in the ministry of external affairs...he used to tell everyone how good the Pakistanis in his building were...and how they used to bring sweets on diwali...hearing that stuff was bewildering for us when we were kids...cus when you are a kid your enemy is supposed to be dirty bloody and covered in hair head to toe...
in spite of how well placed we all are and how mature we have become...our vision still is clouded with mistrust.
my thread probably is not as biased as what we have become.

Ahhh man paritosh did you get the answer to your thread by above ?
wait a while and you will witness an answer from someone that'd make you a believer....there is a john Lennon in all of us...deep inside.

I don't get..I read it again...don't you think that there is some sort of an 'iron-curtain' between India and Pakistan?
my friend has stayed in Pakistan for quite some time...his dad was in the ministry of external affairs...he used to tell everyone how good the Pakistanis in his building were...and how they used to bring sweets on diwali...hearing that stuff was bewildering for us when we were kids...cus when you are a kid your enemy is supposed to be dirty bloody and covered in hair head to toe...
in spite of how well placed we all are and how mature we have become...our vision still is clouded with mistrust.
my thread probably is not as biased as what we have become.

wait a while and you will witness an answer from someone that'd make you a believer....there is a john Lennon in all of us...deep inside.

:) Pari being human we all have all kinds of traits.

What your friend told you is right.

I have visited India last year and i have my own experiences some as good as you mentioned above and some as bad as we see arround even in our own countries.

I am hoping to visit India again rather many times.

Lets see if i get a visa this time too. :cheers:

:) Pari being human we all have all kinds of traits.

What your friend told you is right.

I have visited India last year and i have my own experiences some as good as you mentioned above and some as bad as we see arround even in our own countries.

I am hoping to visit India again rather many times.

Lets see if i get a visa this time too. :cheers:
Jana is getting Visas a problem?
can you tell me about the ground situation..as in can we buy shalwar kameez and stuff in the lahori bazaars?
I remember how happy everyone was watching Atal bihari vajpayi and nawaz sharif reciting poetry in Lahore on national tv
we were all telling each other...that it's the end of all the madness...
I remember what a joyous occasion it was when the people of Pakistan welcomed the Indians when sporting ties were normalized after Kargil...I used to smile reading Indian accounts of the immense hospitality showered on them in Pakistan.
I was happy seeing female students from Pakistan visiting India singing songs of some bollywood movie...after watching it here.
You know what...if we live to see the day when we give up hate...this would be the corner of peace and brotherhood in the whole world.

Oh please spare me of this BS about Peshawar and T shirts.

This thread was suppose to clear some misconceptions not to create one.

We prefer to wear the traditional dress when we go to tribal areas although T-Shirts are also worn. There is no such silly thing as you mentioned.

And BTW from where your mother-in-law got khajur of Buner :P

And there are many things of Swat famouse but certainly not ladoos.

BTW thanks man we dont need US T-shirts as we have these from China here at very cheap rates :P

@paritosh:

In case you didnt realise it Mata ji, My response was tongue in cheek designed to get some (cheap) laughs . Alas ,it didnt work for you.

Not a problem though. I guess I would have the same dry humour as you if I also spend my life under a blue shuttlecock burqa , hot all over after cooking Peshawari naans in an open tandoor for my mia and 24 of his family members ! :P

Back
Top Bottom