What's new

Bangladesh minister pushes for liquor tax cut to boost tourism

Most mm tourist are short time 24 hours tourist from Thailand. Besides MM culture resembles SE asia culture of prostitution and boozing. Bangladesh can never and should never be like that. The tourist we should be encouraging are the economic and business tourist. As our economy grows and get integrated with the world economy there will be millions of tourist pour into the country like what we see in China or Japan or even in Korea. Thats what we aim for.
Bold Part: I think your assessment is not correct at all. It is not everyone a tourist goes after hookers anywhere he visits. I have seen in Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Japan etc. that the western tourists come in groups as well as with his/her family. I do not think they go for a sex tour. However, there are exceptional cases in every society.

China, like India, is a very old country with so many exceptionally attractive sites. Think of the Chinese Wall. In Tokyo I always see foreign tourists visiting the Royal Palace (only the compounds). They go to very attractive places like Karuizawa and Nikko, and to the Osaka, Nagoya, Hiroshima and many other castle towns. Japan is inundated with feudal castles. After living here for so many years I still love to visit castles.

Vietnam, Indonesia, and all other countries of SE Asia have very beautiful sightseeing places. So, millions of people all over the world go and visit these countries. There is an old beautiful artistic Capital in South Korea named Silla. All beautiful palaces.

In Malaysia, I have visited a resort somewhere near Paka managed by very famous Club Meridian. There are many small bamboo cottages with thatched roofs where a guest or two can sleep at night with the sound of sea waves nearby. Seawater is all clean and blue. There are swimming pools in the compound and windsurfing in the sea. There is also a bridal house where newlywed couples gather to wed in a group with beautiful music, all for fun. I was surely not allowed there.

I think, all the countries of SE Asia are far ahead in terms of tourism and it is not because of available sex. Sex is more available in BD as well and it is very cheap. So, we should not say something to others that may turn back to us like the Boomerang.

@TopCat now enjoy a few pictures of feudal castles in Japan. These are also the attraction of most of the foreign tourists. There are many hundred other castles dotted throughout Japan.

Himeji Castle
214825444_dbd44bfa02_b.jpg

Matsumoto Castle
1024px-Matsumoto_castle-650x435.jpg

Nagoya Castle
1024px-Nagoya_CastleEdit2-650x366.jpg

Osaka Castle
10105700265_ee5aa74cba_k-650x434.jpg

4160503734_9e0e074e3c_b.jpg

Shuri Castle
3241150817_5574bc26dd_b-650x434.jpg

Modern Bangla came from Proto-Bengali (proto-Bengali was developed by the Sena Dynasty) - which was derived from Magadhi Prakrit, not from Sanskrit.
Prakrit was a bastardized version of Sanskrit. Prakrit is indeed from the Indo European language family.

Also, Ardha - Sanskrit do not exist. There are only two forms, one is classical and another is Vedic otoh there isn't much difference apart from the fact that, Vedic Sanskrit is in raw form and Classical Sanskrit is standardized version and simplified.
I don't agree with @DarkPrince, you are not Indian you have your own unique culture and customs which differ from West Bengal although you speak the same language. Attracting tourism from India will be the key. You may have some famous Dargas or temples or even Buddhist sites. If given more advertisements in India there will be a lot of visitors given the relaxed visa policy.

Bold Part: I think your assessment is not correct at all. It is not everyone a tourist goes after hookers anywhere he visits. I have seen in Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Japan etc. that the western tourists come in groups as well as with his/her family. I do not think they go for a sex tour. However, there are exceptional cases in every society.

China, like India, is a very old country with so many exceptionally attractive sites. Think of the Chinese Wall. In Tokyo I always see foreign tourists visiting the Royal Palace (only the compounds). They go to very attractive places like Karuizawa and Nikko, and to the Osaka, Nagoya, Hiroshima and many other castle towns. Japan is inundated with feudal castles. After living here for so many years I still love to visit castles.

Vietnam, Indonesia, and all other countries of SE Asia have very beautiful sightseeing places. So, millions of people all over the world go and visit these countries. There is an old beautiful artistic Capital in South Korea named Silla. All beautiful palaces.

In Malaysia, I have visited a resort somewhere near Paka managed by very famous Club Meridian. There are many small bamboo cottages with thatched roofs where a guest or two can sleep at night with the sound of sea waves nearby. Seawater is all clean and blue. There are swimming pools in the compound and windsurfing in the sea. There is also a bridal house where newlywed couples gather to wed in a group with beautiful music, all for fun. I was surely not allowed there.

I think, all the countries of SE Asia are far ahead in terms of tourism and it is not because of available sex. Sex is more available in BD as well and it is very cheap. So, we should not say something to others that may turn back to us like the Boomerang.

@TopCat now enjoy a few pictures of feudal castles in Japan. These are also the attraction of most of the foreign tourists. There are many hundred other castles dotted throughout Japan.

Himeji Castle
214825444_dbd44bfa02_b.jpg

Matsumoto Castle
1024px-Matsumoto_castle-650x435.jpg

Nagoya Castle
1024px-Nagoya_CastleEdit2-650x366.jpg

Osaka Castle
10105700265_ee5aa74cba_k-650x434.jpg

4160503734_9e0e074e3c_b.jpg

Shuri Castle
3241150817_5574bc26dd_b-650x434.jpg

What I don’t understand is why they feel the need to insult other countries in order to prop up there’s? Let’s face it, banglerdash isn’t on anyone’s bucket list. Your aren’t ever going to get tourist in an appreciable amount when they can go to India instead.

Is not to mention our efforts to built decent infrastructure at rapid phase to support our industry. Suwarnabhumi airport, KLIA, Soekarno Hatta, changi, Ngurah rai, Kuala Namu, even Ho Chi Minh Airport is at another level compared the best you got.

Meanwhile what Bangladeshi had done in concrete to attract foreign Tourist?

Dude, Indonesia had over 2 decades extra of independence and not to mention your massive natural resources compared to BD.

Yes, BD infrastructure construction has been really bad since independence due to lack of funds, but this has now completely changed with GW+ nuclear/coal power plants, massive road/rail/energy bridges, metros, railway, roads and many other types of infrastructure all being built simultaneously.

In addition BD has finally figured out how to properly tax it's population and for the last 2 years tax intake has gone up by at least 20% in each year and this will continue for a good more years till BD tax to gdp ratio gets to the S Asian average. As this is happening billions of dollars in extra funds each year will be available to build even more infrastructure in BD.

Indonesia has not done well economically as it has immense natural resources and gained independence all the way back in 1949. While BD is now growing at near 8% a year, you are stuck at 5% growth a year.

Dude, Indonesia had over 2 decades extra of independence and not to mention your massive natural resources compared to BD
Will you stop your independence crap? We were independent Pakistan in between 1947 and 1971. We became independent Bangladesh after 1971. Stop posting your BAL Chetona thinking. No one agrees with you. Do not say something meaningless fuzzy, idiot!! Do you think you can change the history by talking lies in a Forum? Stupidity has its limits. You are a guy who gives always a lame excuse. You have to do it because your BAL Chetona League is corrupt and inefficient. Stop monkeying here.

What I don’t understand is why they feel the need to insult other countries in order to prop up there’s? Let’s face it, banglerdash isn’t on anyone’s bucket list. Your aren’t ever going to get tourist in an appreciable amount when they can go to India instead.
Nolakwali @Śakra you will perhaps remember a sort of fable that says of the Princesses who are not that beautiful. So, when a Princess goes out with her friends and attendants she chooses the ugly ones so that in their comparison she would look beautiful by the onlookers.

Many BD people suffer from poor syndrome for their country but they want it to be looked rich by others. So, for them, the easy way is to demean other countries by which their own country would look better. I do not understand this complex. Our people and govt should work hard over many decades to make the country rich and a little more developed.

Well, the country is progressing well after a few decades of struggle. We are lucky to have a small deposit of natural gas that produced power to run the sewing machines that produced garments. Now, it is a mammoth. All other things will be falling in line because Bd has trade interaction with many other countries. This has given BD a new tag and Bd will be able to use this tag to develop other industries and will be able to re-brand itself as a developing country. We will soon be able to get rid of the inferiority complex of a few.

Home > Economy

Bangladesh minister pushes for liquor tax cut to boost tourism
Parliament Correspondent bdnews24.com

Published: 2018-06-19 01:24:14.0 BdST Updated: 2018-06-19 01:59:31.0 BdST

• 01_Mosharraf+Hossain_Elevator+%26+Escalator+Expo_100215_0025.jpg

ইঞ্জিনিয়ার মোশাররফ হোসেন (ফাইল ছবি)
Housing and Public Works Minister Mosharraf Hossain has urged Finance Minister AMA Muhith to lower taxes on liquor to attract more foreign tourists.

He made the call in parliament on Monday along with a proposal to cut the apartment registration fees while discussing the budget proposed by Muhith for 2018-19 fiscal year.

“The proposed tax on hard liquor at the starred hotels is too much. Because the foreigners don’t like the rates of tax and the price they have to pay,” he said.

He also demanded legalisation of unregistered bars.

According to the housing minister, the number of government-approved bars in Bangladesh is 96.

“But the restaurants at Gulshan and Banani can serve you drinks of any brand if you want some. They don’t pay taxes. There are 1,000 other unapproved bars. Legalise these in exchange for fixed fees,” Mosharraf said.

The minister said the people were paying up to 16 percent tax for registering flats. He proposed cutting the rate to 7 percent.

He also said the government was making a new law to stop people building houses on arable land.
https://bdnews24.com/economy/2018/0...t-in-tax-on-alcoholic-drinks-to-boost-tourism

08:12 PM, June 18, 2018 / LAST MODIFIED: 08:29 PM, June 18, 2018
Minister suggests lowering prices of liquor

Star Online Report

Housing and Public Works Minister Engr Mosharraf Hossain today suggested cutting down customs duty on liquor for the sake of flourishing tourism in the country.

Speaking at a general discussion on the proposed budget for fiscal 2018-19, the minister said it will attract the tourists and would give a boost to the tourism economy.

Also, he suggested that the government legalise several other bars in the country and bring them under the taxing net to increase revenue collection.

“There are a lot of restaurant cum bar in the city where foreigners go regularly. Why they would serve liquor without legal permit. Rather they should be given license and brought under the tax net,” he said.

He said, currently there are only 96 licensed bars in the country and a thousand others operating under the radar. “The government should hand them licenses and tax them.”

Minister Hossain also requested Finance Minister AMA Muhith to reduce the proposed registration tax on flat for boosting up the real estate sector of the country.

“Make it 7 percent for flat registration,” he suggested.
https://www.thedailystar.net/countr...ister-suggests-lowering-prices-liquor-1591879

it is foolish act , i always appreciate Bangladesh because of liquor ban policy , when i was working in Chittagong during 2000-2004,it was very hard to get liquor in local market ,we use to buy it from duty free shop, for that we have to show pass port , only Myanmar white rum illegally ,was available that time in local market ,

he is not bothering that because of liquor price is high which will impact on tourist ,those who are drinking they know goverment policy and bring their stock from air port duty free shop ,banning on liquor will not effect on tourist

it has Hugh impact in society
root cause of malnutrition,violence against women ,domestic violence ,is liquor

if you will compare with Indian lower class ,if they are earning 500 rs in day ,50-60 % of their earning they are wasting in liquor ,hardly giving money to wife or home ,women has Hugh burden to to maintain family

if some day Bangladeshi labor earning good amount ,defiantly he will happy and mostly spend money in food weather hilsa or beef what ever ,but for sure their priority is different than liquor

so i do support complete ban on liquor in Bangladesh even in top short pub or hotel

But we are Indians. Our language is Bengali which came from Sanskrit.
@DarkPrince
It's not correct , but I will not debate . You can read this post ( with the attachment) of Mr Pinaki Bhattacharya , and also can deal with him .

~বাঙলা ভাষার উৎপত্তি কি সংস্কৃত ভাষা থেকে?~

বাঙলা ভাষা কোনভাবেই সংস্কৃত ভাষা থেকে উদ্ভুত নয়। সংস্কৃত একটি ভিন্ন ভাষা। তবে বাঙলা এবং সংস্কৃত একই ভাষা থেকে উদ্ভুত হয়েছে জন্য সংস্কৃত সহ এইধরণের ভাষা গুলোকে বাঙলার নিকটাত্মীয় বলা যায়।

ডঃ মুহাম্মাদ শহীদুল্লাহ বলেছেন, ভাষার জন্ম মানুষের মতো নয় যে নির্দিস্ট দিনক্ষণ ধরে তাঁর জন্মের ইতিহাস বলা যাবে। ভাষা বহতা নদীর মতো প্রবাহমান। প্রবাহিত হতে হতে কালকে কালে ভাষার চরিত্র যখন আগের ভাষা থেকে বদলে যায় তখন তাঁকে নতুন নামকরণ করা হয়। সেই হিসেবে আজ আমরা যাকে বাঙলা ভাষা বলে জানি তাঁর ঠিক আগের রুপ কী ছিল সেটা নিশ্চয়ই আমরা জানতে পারি। আবার তাঁর আগের রুপ কী ছিল সেটা জানতে পারি, এভাবে আমরা ভাষার উৎস মুখে পৌছুতে পারি।

বাঙলা ভাষার আগে যেই ভাষা ছিল তা ছিল গৌড়িয় অপভ্রংশ। খ্রিস্টিয় ৫০০ শতকের আগে এই ভাষার পর্ব শুরু হয়। গৌড়িয় অপভ্রংশ থেকে মৈথেলি, ঊড়িয়া আর বঙ্গ কামরূপ ভাষার উদ্ভব হয়। বঙ্গ কামরুপ ভাষা থেকে বাঙলা আর অসমিয়া ভাষার উদ্ভব।

গৌড়িয় অপভ্রংশের আগে ছিল গৌড়িয় প্রাকৃত। এই ভাষার উদ্ভব খ্রিস্টাব্দ ২০০ তে। গৌড়িয় প্রাকৃতের আগে ছিল প্রাচ্য প্রাকৃত যার উদ্ভব খ্রিস্টপুর্ব ৫০০ তে। এই ভাষাতেই গৌতম বুদ্ধ কথা বলতেন। প্রাচ্য প্রাকৃত থেকে সিংহলি ভাষার উৎপত্তি।

এই সময়েই বাঙলার অধিবাসী কোল সম্প্রদায়ের সাথে পশ্চিম থেকে আগত আর্যদের মিশ্রন হয়। কোল সংস্কৃত থেকে আমরা গায়ে হলুদ পেয়েছি। কোল সংস্কৃতিতেই বিবাহিত নারীদের সিঁথিতে সিদুর দেয়ার চল ছিল। কোলেরা ছিল মৎস্য ভোজি। আমাদের মাছ খাওয়ার অভ্যাস কোলদের কাছে থেকেই পাওয়া।

চাউল, লড়াই, ঢাল, ডোঙ্গা, বড়শি, বোকা, কানা, মোটা এসব কোল শব্দ। আমরা যে অনুশব্দ ব্যবহার করি বাংলায়, যেমন ঢাকঢোল, গোলমাল, ধুমধাম, ছুরিটুরি, বোকাসোকা এসব কোল ভাষা রীতি থেকে পাওয়া।

প্রাচীন প্রাকৃতের আগে ছিল প্রাচীন আর্য কথ্য ভাষা। এই প্রাচীন আর্য কথ্য ভাষা থেকেই প্রাচীন প্রাকৃত আর সংস্কৃতের উৎপত্তি। সংস্কৃত ছিল অভিজাতদের ভাষা। বিশেষ প্রয়োজনে সেই ভাষা ব্যবহার করা হতো।

রামায়নে যখন হনুমান বন্দি সীতাকে দেখছে তখন সে তাঁর সাথে কোন ভাষায় কথা বলবে, এটা চিন্তা করতে করতে বলছে, "আমি যদি দ্বিজাতির মতো সংস্কৃত বাক্য বলি, তাহলে আমাকে রাবণ মনে করে সীতা ভীত হবেন। সুতরিং অর্থবোধক মনুষ্যবাক্য বলা আবশ্যক, নয়তো আমি এই অনিন্দিতা সীতাকে আশ্বস্ত করতে পারবো না।"

এই "মনুষ্য বাক্য" ই প্রাচীন ভারতীয় আর্য কথ্য ভাষা।

আজকের বাঙলা ভাষার প্রচলিত বাক্য নিয়ে আমরা আগের ভাষায় কীভাবে সেটা বলা হতো সেটা দেখলে; তাহলে দেখবো আজকের কথ্য ভাষার সাথে আগের ভাষার কেমন মিল আছে। যেই মিল সংস্কৃতের সাথে বাংলার একেবারেই নেই।

যেমন আজকের বাঙলায় আমরা বলি "তুমি আছো" এটা প্রাচীন বাংলায় "তুমহে আছহ" মধ্য প্রাকৃত ও অপভ্রংশে "তুমহে আচ্ছহ" প্রাচীন প্রাকৃতে "তুমহে অচ্ছথ"। দেখুন আগের ভাষার সাথে যোগসুত্র বের করা যাচ্ছে।

আর সংস্কৃতে "তুমি আছো" এই বাক্যটা কীভাবে বলা হয়? বলা হয় "য়ুয়ুং স্থ"। কোন মিল আছে? কোন যোগসুত্র আছে? নেই। তারপরে মাথা দিয়ে কেউ পাহাড় ঠেলে বাংলাকে সংস্কৃতের সন্তান বলে প্রতিপন্ন করতে চাইলে কী আর করা যাবে?

সংস্কৃতজ্ঞ পণ্ডিতেরা বাংলাকে সংস্কৃত জাত বলে মত দিয়েছিলেন। এই মত দীর্ঘদিন ধরে প্রভাব বিস্তার করেছিল।

সংযুক্ত টেবিল থেকে আপনারা এই আলাপটাকে সংক্ষিপ্ত রুপে দেখতে পাবেন। এবং স্পষ্টভাবেই বুঝতে পারবেন বাঙলা আর সংস্কৃত একই ভাষার দুই সন্তান, কিন্তু কোনভাবেই বাঙলা সংস্কৃতের সন্তান নয়।

Courtesy : Mr Pinaki Bhattacharya

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1530937358880.jpg
    FB_IMG_1530937358880.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Will you stop your independence crap? We were independent Pakistan in between 1947 and 1971. We became independent Bangladesh after 1971. Stop posting your BAL Chetona thinking. No one agrees with you. Do not say something meaningless fuzzy, idiot!! Do you think you can change the history by talking lies in a Forum? Stupidity has its limits. You are a guy who gives always a lame excuse. You have to do it because your BAL Chetona League is corrupt and inefficient. Stop monkeying here.

Man, even though we had independence in 1947 yet we had disastrous effect on our economy in 1947 when our per capita income got reduced from pre partition level. It only came back to the pre partition level only after Ayub era. Then again after 1971 our per capita in constant dollar term nose dived and it took 20 more years until 1990 to reach to the income level of 1969 in constant dollar term. Instead of talking from your guts just look into some numbers to actually understand what actually took place in our economy in those days.

So practically from 1947 to 1990 we did not move a single inch forward. Thats the fact.

Last edited:
1947 when our per capita income got reduced from pre partition level
Evidence please, What was the income level after permanent settlement under Hindu jomidar and how it reduced after 1947?

Prakrit was a bastardized version of Sanskrit. Prakrit is indeed from the Indo European language family.

Also, Ardha - Sanskrit do not exist. There are only two forms, one is classical and another is Vedic otoh there isn't much difference apart from the fact that, Vedic Sanskrit is in raw form and Classical Sanskrit is standardized version and simplified.
I don't agree with @DarkPrince, you are not Indian you have your own unique culture and customs which differ from West Bengal although you speak the same language. Attracting tourism from India will be the key. You may have some famous Dargas or temples or even Buddhist sites. If given more advertisements in India there will be a lot of visitors given the relaxed visa policy.

What you are positing is the common intellectual notion that Prakrit was some type of derived half-breed Sanskrit.

I will respectfully disagree with this and call this accepted notion among Hindi-speaking scholars to be erroneous.

Please see post no. 129 above by @Centaur bhai which describes how Bengali scholars such as Pinaki Bhattacharya and Dr. Muhammad Shahidullah of the 19th and 20th century refuted this erroneous notion.

"What is the origin of Bengali language?

Bangla language does not originate from Sanskrit language in any way. Sanskrit is a different language. However, since Bengali and Sanskrit have emerged from the same language, these Sanskrit-related languages are said to be near relatives of Bengali.

Dr. Muhammad Shahidullah has said that birth of languages are not like the birth of a person, that the history of those births can not be identified in specifics in the long run. Languages flow like rivers. When the character of the language changes from the flow of the previous language , it is named differently. So, today what we know as Bangla language, we must know exactly its earlier exact form. Then we can also know what the previous forms of that were, in this way we can reach the source of the language.

The language that existed before the Bengali language was that of Gaudiya Apa-bhramsa. The origin episode of this language can be traced sometime before 500th century AD. This Gaudiya Apa-bhramsa was the origin and mother of Maithili, Oriya and Banga Kamarupa languages. The latter (Banga Kamarupa) was the origin of modern Bangla and Assamese languages.

Gaudiya Prakrit preceded the existence of the Gaudiya Apa-bhramsa and dates back at least to 200 AD. Prachya Prakrit preceded Gaudiya Prakrit and can be traced back to 500 BC. Gautam Buddha spoke in this language. Prachya Prakrit is the origin of the modern Sinhalese language.

At the same time, a racial mixture occurred with Aryans coming from West with the Bengali Kohl settlers. We received the 'Haldi' event of our Bengali wedding tradition from this Bengali Kohl culture. In Kohl culture, there was a tradition of applying Sindoor on foreheads of married women. Kohls were huge fish eaters and the Bengali fish eating habits come from that tradition.

'Chawal', 'Larhai' (battle), 'Dhaal' (shield), 'Donga' (dugout canoe), 'Badshee' (fishing whip), 'Boka' (foolish), 'Kana' (blind), 'Mota' (thick, overweight) these are Kohl words that found later use in Bangla. Words such as Dhak-dhol, Golmaal, dhoomdham, chhuri-turi, boka-shoka, etc. all are traced back to Kohl ancient usage.

Prior to ancient Prachya Prakrit, there was an ancient Aryan spoken (casual or non-formal) language. Prachya Prakrit and Sanskrit both descended from this ancient Aryan spoken language.

Sanskrit
was the language of aristocrats. That language was used for special needs such as in temples, royal edicts etc. Sanskrit was not a casual spoken language.

In Ramayana, when Hanuman saw Sita in captivity, he considered what language he will speak with her, thinking, "If I say Sanskrit words like two-origin people, then Sita will be afraid of me thinking I am Ravana, therefore I must speak meaningful human words, otherwise I cannot convince and reassure Sita. "

These "human words and sentences" Hanuman refers to are ancient Indian Aryans casual spoken languages.

Seeing how ancient languages were spoken previously, and comparing them to today's Bangla spoken language can prove how similar Sanskrit was to Bangla or if (how some say) Bangla was derived from Sanskrit. In that sense Bengali has almost nothing in common with Sanskrit.

As in today's Bangla we say "Tumi Aacho", it is "Tumhe Aachoh" in ancient Bengali, "Tumhe Achhhoh" in the Middle Prakrit and "Tumhe Ochhoth" in the Prachya Prakrit; See the connection with the previous languages.

In contrast the the equivalent of ""Tumi Aacho"" in Sanskrit is "Yue-Yung Sthaw". There is neither a match nor any connection here. Is there any coincidence? Not there. Then, if some are pushing the idea that Bangla is the son of Sanskrit - what can be said?

Sanskrit scholars offered the erroneous idea that Bengali is some lower class form of Sanskrit. This had quite a bit of legitimate subscription in the scholar community in India. Today with research, this notion has been mostly debunked.

From the attached table, you can see this idea briefly. And clearly understand that Bengali and Sanskrit are two children of the same language, but in no way is Bengali a child form of Sanskrit."

fb_img_1530937358880-jpg.484755

@DarkPrince
It's not correct , but I will not debate . You can read this post ( with the attachment) of Mr Pinaki Bhattacharya , and also can deal with him .

~বাঙলা ভাষার উৎপত্তি কি সংস্কৃত ভাষা থেকে?~

বাঙলা ভাষা কোনভাবেই সংস্কৃত ভাষা থেকে উদ্ভুত নয়। সংস্কৃত একটি ভিন্ন ভাষা। তবে বাঙলা এবং সংস্কৃত একই ভাষা থেকে উদ্ভুত হয়েছে জন্য সংস্কৃত সহ এইধরণের ভাষা গুলোকে বাঙলার নিকটাত্মীয় বলা যায়।

ডঃ মুহাম্মাদ শহীদুল্লাহ বলেছেন, ভাষার জন্ম মানুষের মতো নয় যে নির্দিস্ট দিনক্ষণ ধরে তাঁর জন্মের ইতিহাস বলা যাবে। ভাষা বহতা নদীর মতো প্রবাহমান। প্রবাহিত হতে হতে কালকে কালে ভাষার চরিত্র যখন আগের ভাষা থেকে বদলে যায় তখন তাঁকে নতুন নামকরণ করা হয়। সেই হিসেবে আজ আমরা যাকে বাঙলা ভাষা বলে জানি তাঁর ঠিক আগের রুপ কী ছিল সেটা নিশ্চয়ই আমরা জানতে পারি। আবার তাঁর আগের রুপ কী ছিল সেটা জানতে পারি, এভাবে আমরা ভাষার উৎস মুখে পৌছুতে পারি।

বাঙলা ভাষার আগে যেই ভাষা ছিল তা ছিল গৌড়িয় অপভ্রংশ। খ্রিস্টিয় ৫০০ শতকের আগে এই ভাষার পর্ব শুরু হয়। গৌড়িয় অপভ্রংশ থেকে মৈথেলি, ঊড়িয়া আর বঙ্গ কামরূপ ভাষার উদ্ভব হয়। বঙ্গ কামরুপ ভাষা থেকে বাঙলা আর অসমিয়া ভাষার উদ্ভব।

গৌড়িয় অপভ্রংশের আগে ছিল গৌড়িয় প্রাকৃত। এই ভাষার উদ্ভব খ্রিস্টাব্দ ২০০ তে। গৌড়িয় প্রাকৃতের আগে ছিল প্রাচ্য প্রাকৃত যার উদ্ভব খ্রিস্টপুর্ব ৫০০ তে। এই ভাষাতেই গৌতম বুদ্ধ কথা বলতেন। প্রাচ্য প্রাকৃত থেকে সিংহলি ভাষার উৎপত্তি।

এই সময়েই বাঙলার অধিবাসী কোল সম্প্রদায়ের সাথে পশ্চিম থেকে আগত আর্যদের মিশ্রন হয়। কোল সংস্কৃত থেকে আমরা গায়ে হলুদ পেয়েছি। কোল সংস্কৃতিতেই বিবাহিত নারীদের সিঁথিতে সিদুর দেয়ার চল ছিল। কোলেরা ছিল মৎস্য ভোজি। আমাদের মাছ খাওয়ার অভ্যাস কোলদের কাছে থেকেই পাওয়া।

চাউল, লড়াই, ঢাল, ডোঙ্গা, বড়শি, বোকা, কানা, মোটা এসব কোল শব্দ। আমরা যে অনুশব্দ ব্যবহার করি বাংলায়, যেমন ঢাকঢোল, গোলমাল, ধুমধাম, ছুরিটুরি, বোকাসোকা এসব কোল ভাষা রীতি থেকে পাওয়া।

প্রাচীন প্রাকৃতের আগে ছিল প্রাচীন আর্য কথ্য ভাষা। এই প্রাচীন আর্য কথ্য ভাষা থেকেই প্রাচীন প্রাকৃত আর সংস্কৃতের উৎপত্তি। সংস্কৃত ছিল অভিজাতদের ভাষা। বিশেষ প্রয়োজনে সেই ভাষা ব্যবহার করা হতো।

রামায়নে যখন হনুমান বন্দি সীতাকে দেখছে তখন সে তাঁর সাথে কোন ভাষায় কথা বলবে, এটা চিন্তা করতে করতে বলছে, "আমি যদি দ্বিজাতির মতো সংস্কৃত বাক্য বলি, তাহলে আমাকে রাবণ মনে করে সীতা ভীত হবেন। সুতরিং অর্থবোধক মনুষ্যবাক্য বলা আবশ্যক, নয়তো আমি এই অনিন্দিতা সীতাকে আশ্বস্ত করতে পারবো না।"

এই "মনুষ্য বাক্য" ই প্রাচীন ভারতীয় আর্য কথ্য ভাষা।

আজকের বাঙলা ভাষার প্রচলিত বাক্য নিয়ে আমরা আগের ভাষায় কীভাবে সেটা বলা হতো সেটা দেখলে; তাহলে দেখবো আজকের কথ্য ভাষার সাথে আগের ভাষার কেমন মিল আছে। যেই মিল সংস্কৃতের সাথে বাংলার একেবারেই নেই।

যেমন আজকের বাঙলায় আমরা বলি "তুমি আছো" এটা প্রাচীন বাংলায় "তুমহে আছহ" মধ্য প্রাকৃত ও অপভ্রংশে "তুমহে আচ্ছহ" প্রাচীন প্রাকৃতে "তুমহে অচ্ছথ"। দেখুন আগের ভাষার সাথে যোগসুত্র বের করা যাচ্ছে।

আর সংস্কৃতে "তুমি আছো" এই বাক্যটা কীভাবে বলা হয়? বলা হয় "য়ুয়ুং স্থ"। কোন মিল আছে? কোন যোগসুত্র আছে? নেই। তারপরে মাথা দিয়ে কেউ পাহাড় ঠেলে বাংলাকে সংস্কৃতের সন্তান বলে প্রতিপন্ন করতে চাইলে কী আর করা যাবে?

সংস্কৃতজ্ঞ পণ্ডিতেরা বাংলাকে সংস্কৃত জাত বলে মত দিয়েছিলেন। এই মত দীর্ঘদিন ধরে প্রভাব বিস্তার করেছিল।

সংযুক্ত টেবিল থেকে আপনারা এই আলাপটাকে সংক্ষিপ্ত রুপে দেখতে পাবেন। এবং স্পষ্টভাবেই বুঝতে পারবেন বাঙলা আর সংস্কৃত একই ভাষার দুই সন্তান, কিন্তু কোনভাবেই বাঙলা সংস্কৃতের সন্তান নয়।

Courtesy : Mr Pinaki Bhattacharya

Who is this pinaki babu ? Not a single Muslim ruler of Bengal used Bengali as official language. Persian was the official language. Even before the british came Farsi was South Asia's elite Muslims educational language. Bengali used to considered as hindu language by Muslim elites of the subcontinent back then. Even Hussain Shahid Suhrawardi came from urdu/farsi speaking family. Truth is we "HAD" to make Bengali as our official language because during partition in 1947 most Muslims of Bengal were uneducated farmers.

Bengali is pretty much an Indian language mate. No need to hide from this truth.

Who is this pinaki babu ? Not a single Muslim ruler of Bengal used Bengali as official language. Persian was the official language. Even before the british came Farsi was South Asia's elite Muslims educational language. Bengali used to considered as hindu language by Muslim elites of the subcontinent back then. Even Hussain Shahid Suhrawardi came from urdu/farsi speaking family. Truth is we "HAD" to make Bengali as our official language because during partition in 1947 most Muslims of Bengal were uneducated farmers.

Bengali is pretty much an Indian language mate. No need to hide from this truth.
This status is from online activist and anti chetona guy Mr Pinaki Bhattacharya ( he is a writer too ), but he used the references of Dr Muhammad shahidulla and also read the explanation and the table .
I copied and paste his status because I have no ready reference at that moment.
But you can read his points and look at this chart .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom