What's new

Bhangra

BRICS

Reaction score
Bhangra is from Punjabi culture, right? So is it popular all over India and Pakistan or is it only popular in Indian and Pak Punjab?

Also, what is the main language used in Pak Punjab, Urdu or Punjabi? And in India, what is the main language in Haryana and Himachal Pradesh, is it Punjabi or Hindi?

TIA.

Bhangra is a punjabi dance which is famous in Punjab of Pakistan, every province of Pakistan has its own dance like sindhi dance according to the culture and like wise balochi and pashto dance! Punjabi is spoken only in punjab and more in its rural areas than cities because urdu is our national language!

Bhangra is from Punjabi culture, right? So is it popular all over India and Pakistan or is it only popular in Indian and Pak Punjab?

Also, what is the main language used in Pak Punjab, Urdu or Punjabi? And in India, what is the main language in Haryana and Himachal Pradesh, is it Punjabi or Hindi?

TIA.

both r spoken....

TIA.
Urdu, punjabi and saraiki are spoken in Pakistani Punjab. Bhangra is famous here too.

Question, Sunnah Speech in Saraiki Language ( 2 of 2) - YouTube Saraiki sounds exactly what I'd expect southern Punjabi to sound like. (no puns) I youtubed pakistan punjabi speech too, some late imam was speaking thought he was from rechna doab and he turned out to be.

So, besides politriccs why is saraiki considered a different language when it's obv. punjabi?

I mean multan is an integral part of punjab from pre-history...

It is punjabi but it is a different dialect so they say seraiki. I mean I still understood the whole video and would not know it was seraiki unless someone pointed it out to me. The rest is politics.

Question, Sunnah Speech in Saraiki Language ( 2 of 2) - YouTube Saraiki sounds exactly what I'd expect southern Punjabi to sound like. (no puns) I youtubed pakistan punjabi speech too, some late imam was speaking thought he was from rechna doab and he turned out to be.

So, besides politriccs why is saraiki considered a different language when it's obv. punjabi?

I mean multan is an integral part of punjab from pre-history...

I'm not very familiar with southern Pakistani Punjab, maybe @Armstrong can explain.

Last edited by a moderator:

TIA.

It is popular dance for both countries. In Pakistan Punjab most people will speak urdu but mostly you will see punjabis speak punjabi to one another. If I know someone is punjabi we speak in punjabi otherwise urdu if I don't know where they are from.

It is popular dance for both countries. In Pakistan Punjab most people will speak urdu but mostly you will see punjabis speak punjabi to one another. If I know someone is punjabi we speak in punjabi otherwise urdu if I don't know where they are from.

but official lang is urdu or english...

Tbh, there's small differences but I'm not sure if that's because he's speaking urdu/arabic or that's an actual thing.

Motherfuckers, keep trying to divide, us, happy to have us in the army; cuz they 4 foot tall arms can't pick a rifle or talvar up.

My grandfather said there was a village of multanis around him before 47 and they didn't sound any different to him really.

Like this guy says mojoodh or something a lot. I swear that's a foreign word,

See I understood that speech but I saw this and went wtf: I know what it's about, and can 'understand' it but not the details.

New Saraiki Songs 2012 By Sony 4 - YouTube

That's like some next ****.

I looked at kashmiri they say azz che tsenderwar for ujj somvar.

So, yea what you'd probably see with a mountain people I'd say that's a different language.

But last question heard they trying to split into south and north punjab to basically make it so that punjab doesn't always decide the outcome of elections. True?

edit - My friend who's pind is near gujranwala said they been saying that for-ever and I saw how it was almost unanimously rejected but a few months ago they tried to make it sound like it was imminent.

Yes they are trying to split Punjab who knows what reason they have behind it but in the Punjabi point of view most Punjabis don't mind because we agree with more provinces for the nation, we just don't want provinces based on linguistic lines. Prefer generalized Provincial names. My granduncle (grandmothers brother) had a huge business in amritsar and had to leave everything behind in 1947. Punjab should not have been partitioned in my point of view, you guys should have joined Pakistan as well lol.

but official lang is urdu or english...

Yea but punjabis love speaking punjabi to each other or no? :D

Yes they are trying to split Punjab who knows what reason they have behind it but in the Punjabi point of view most Punjabis don't mind because we agree with more provinces for the nation, we just don't want provinces based on linguistic lines. Prefer generalized Provincial names. My granduncle (grandmothers brother) had a huge business in amritsar and had to leave everything behind in 1947. Punjab should not have been partitioned in my point of view, you guys should have joined Pakistan as well lol.

Yea but punjabis love speaking punjabi to each other or no? :D

yes thy do:P my Father feels more comfortable to talk to his close frends in Punjabi:P

Back
Top Bottom