What's new

Bhangra

Bhangra is from Punjabi culture, right? So is it popular all over India and Pakistan or is it only popular in Indian and Pak Punjab?

Also, what is the main language used in Pak Punjab, Urdu or Punjabi? And in India, what is the main language in Haryana and Himachal Pradesh, is it Punjabi or Hindi?

TIA.

Punjabi is spoken in all over Punjab ( India) .....while in Himanchal and Haryana ....its a mix of Punjabi and Hindi....you can say that its 70% Punjabi and 30 % Hindi ......nearly the whole of Punjab , haryana, Delhi , Himanchal Pradesh , and some parts of western UP has a bit of Punjabi touch in their language ......they speak Hindi ...but in a Punjabi tone ....i hope you get it .

Punjabi is spoken in all over Punjab ( India) .....while in Himanchal and Haryana ....its a mix of Punjabi and Hindi....you can say that its 70% Punjabi and 30 % Hindi ......nearly the whole of Punjab , haryana, Delhi , Himanchal Pradesh , and some parts of western UP has a bit of Punjabi touch in their language ......they speak Hindi ...but in a Punjabi tone ....i hope you get it .
i know what you are saying. Delhi has huge Punjabi influence

smileys-smiley-with-sign-962426.gif

You just saw it. :woot:

Also would like to add that Bhangra is a type of dance ....its not an ordinary dance ...if you look it closer ,...its a practice of fighting with bare hands .........the movements are like swinging swords ...jumping and moving ....it actaully helps you build muscles in your body so that you are fit to fight ........not to mention that Punjabis are acknowledged for their courage, strength and sense of honour all over the world .........the ancient punjabis belonged vedic civilisation , they were Aryans ......the Harappa and Mohan-zo_daru found in pakistan are a testimoney to this .

I never came across Punjabis of Pakistan doing Bhangra. All they listen to Indian music.

Ever heard Abrar's Billo ...it waz pretty famous in indian punjab at time... there's malkoo , jawad ahmed,,, alot more...so plz don't just like'' o pakistani's they just dont know any thing ..they do what we do :blah:

Ever heard Abrar's Billo ...it waz pretty famous in indian punjab at time... there's malkoo , jawad ahmed,,, alot more...so plz don't just like'' o pakistani's they just dont know any thing ..they do what we do :blah:

What wrong I said, I never said Indians don't listen to Pakistani musicians.

Bhangra is from Punjabi culture, right? So is it popular all over India and Pakistan or is it only popular in Indian and Pak Punjab?

Also, what is the main language used in Pak Punjab, Urdu or Punjabi? And in India, what is the main language in Haryana and Himachal Pradesh, is it Punjabi or Hindi?

TIA.

Bhangra is quite well spread out in India, it's the state dance of India's side of Punjab. Haryana and Himachal used to be part of Punjab, so the official languages there are Punjabi whereas Hindi and Haryanavi (dialect of Hindi and Punjabi) is spoken. The music in Haryana is different, sounds "Punjabi" but being between Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, is also influenced by the music and dances from there.

Bhangra is quite well spread out in India, it's the state dance of India's side of Punjab. Haryana and Himachal used to be part of Punjab, so the official languages there are Punjabi whereas Hindi and Haryanavi (dialect of Hindi and Punjabi) is spoken. The music in Haryana is different, sounds "Punjabi" but being between Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, is also influenced by the music and dances from there.
good explanation.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom