What's new

Bollywood actors with roots/origins in Pakistan

the shivdasani family house is Ratan Talao Area ( preedy street)

City Secret – Sadhana and Karachi

A Karachi Walla by birth. The queen of 60′s bollywood. The most promising style icon of her time. One of the prettiest faces ever. Sadhana was born on 3rd Sep, 1941 in Karachi. Her father belonged to Sindhi speaking Shivdasani family and named her after his favorite actress Sadhona Bose. Sadhana was the only child and was home-schooled by her parents until the family left Karachi. The family fled from Karachi during post partition riots. Karachi largely was peaceful but there were reported killings in Ratan Talao area in 1948.

Although the Shivdasani family encountered difficult times in Mumbai in the beginning, Sadhana did not take too long to mark her name. She was discovered by some producers in a college play. They cast her in India’s first Sindhi film titled Abana (1960). Subodh Mukherji, one of India’s leading producers, gave her the breakthrough in a Hindi film ‘Love in Simla’ (1959). She never looked back. Although early Indian cinema was male chauvinist and heroes were the talisman of the shoot but Sadhana’s record of successful movies ratio hints at her contribution in making the movie successful. Her presence as an style icon could be measured by the popularity of ‘the Sadhana fringe.’ It was actually inspired after Audrey Hepburn’s hairstyle to make up for her broad forehead.

She retired early due to serious health problems with her thyroid and did not come back to Indian Cinema as senior actress. It made her young and pretty for eternity in the minds of her fans.
City Secret – Sadhana and Karachi | The Karachi Walla

She is one of the most beautiful actress we have.

pakistanies are so desparate to proove there superiority against "short dark hindus" that they are now trying to own those sucsessfull indian cine artists who were dragged and forged owt of there motherland in name of islam

images

Nobody is trying to 'prove' anything. It's just a thread on pdf. You are reading too much into it.

My father side is also from sialkot, guess u need to have your ancestors from west punjab for a ticket to bollywood

In 1973 Yash Chopra dropped Rajesh Khanna and got Amitabh Bacchan on board. It was the start of a new era. Amitabh in 'Kabhi Kabhi'.

kabhi%20kabhisandhira13814808798274.jpg

Yash Chopra's early famous flick, Waqt. Just check this poster.

1754734.jpg

Last edited:
in fact, all of them rejected pakistan and "stayed" within India. says a lot. just that pakistanis have to borrow glory, indians living within india and moving within india shouldn't concern them. right ?

I believe Majority of Kolkata based actor actresses are from East Bengal. Its not about beauty, height or skin. Its all about Talent and connection to cultural activities like Singing or dancing.

u on,y mentioned ones with punjabi heritage
is pakistan = punjab?

I posted Raveena Tandon who's of partial Sindhi heritage and Shah-rukh Khan who's of partial pashtun heritage . These are the main actors/directors that I know who hailed from CURRENT-DAY Pakistani land-mass.That's what this thread is basically about. If there's others that I might have missed, then somebody should post them. I searched for the origins of Amir Khan and Salman Khan but nothing conclusive that they're from current-day Pakistan

Last edited:
I posted Raveena Tandon who's of partial Sindhi origin and Shah-rukh Khan who's of partial pashtun heritage . These are the main actors/directors that I know who hailed from CURRENT-DAY Pakistani land-mass.That's what this thread is basically about. If there's others that I might have missed, then somebody should post them.

nobody knows 90% of the actors of punjabi heritage you posted

there are famous actors who hailed from balochistan, you didn't mention them

Kader Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

nobody knows 90% of the actors of punjabi heritage you posted

there are famous actors who hailed from balochistan, you didn't mention them

Shahrukh Khan is first actor that's in my second post. Then I posted Dilip Kumar from Peshawar. Posted Raveena Tandon. If there's somebody that I missed, then I'm not aware of it. Care to enlighten us?

Oh I see you mentioned Kader Khan, you know what's funny, I thought about posting him but he was born in Afghanistan according to wikipedia. I wasn't sure about his background and was well aware that trolls would descend on such a thing. Will post him now. If there's anybody else, let me know. That's why I didn't post him. I also searched for Amir Khan and Salman Khan's origins but I wasn't sure about them BEING from Pakistani land-mass.

EDIT: Just found out that Manoj Kumar's from Abbotabad.

Last edited:
I believe Majority of Kolkata based actor actresses are from East Bengal. Its not about beauty, height or skin. Its all about Talent and connection to cultural activities like Singing or dancing.

partially true...but then you answer yourself..talent doesn't come in masses...yes cultural connection...appreciation of arts..not just singing and dancing...bengal undivided was one of the, if not THE cultural capital of india. courtesy the bengali renessance. in 1900-1940s i would say.

Back
Top Bottom